Vote for Michigan-MSU as the top rivalry in college hockey

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...e-gostisbehere
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
      don't reply to my post please
      I'd put you on ignore, but that's a given.

Basically I was being nice about it. You come in here and start piddling about Michigan and you expect any other message? Unfortunately for you and your ilk, the wind is always blowing against you.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        I was going to start a thread called " Does Michigan's offense need Niagara", but thought better of it.
        Nice. Maybe that is what we need. Is Niagara's defense lousy? Will we score more with the help of Niagara? If so, let's pop those purple eagles.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          Nice. Maybe that is what we need. Is Niagara's defense lousy? Will we score more with the help of Niagara? If so, let's pop those purple eagles.
          From what I gather, they have one of their better senior forwards out due to personal reasons. They have two freshmen goalies and ten freshmen total. Their only wins are against weak conference foes, and are 0-5-1 on the road. They have played Denver and Ohio State on the road out of conference and have been outscored 15-3. The Eagles are a shell of the 23 win NCAA team that gave North Dakota (2-1 loss) all they could handle in the GR west regional last season.

If Michigan doesn't just throw their sticks on the ice and plays to their capabilities, this will be the least challenging game of the season (so far) on paper. But, we all know better than that.The Wolverines are 7-1 all time vs. Niagara with their last meeting two seasons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            Vote for Michigan-MSU as the top rivalry in college hockey

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...e-gostisbehere
            Sorry.

Vote for Minnesota vs. all opponents. With all the changes in college hockey this year the rivalries will change and I expect within 10 years Minnesota vs. Michigan will be the best rivalry in all of college hockey
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              Sorry.

Vote for Minnesota vs. all opponents. With all the changes in college hockey this year the rivalries will change and I expect within 10 years Minnesota vs. Michigan will be the best rivalry in all of college hockey
              I don't know why we have to decide what the "best" rivalry is. Rivalry's are very personal, so it's irrelvant to BC fans who UM's rivals are. The winnder of such a poll will be the most popular. big deal.

Harvard-Yale is as relatively important as UM-MSU. BC-BU is Minny-Wisco or North Dakota (whatever it is).

Comment

I like plain over peanut, myself.

Comment

Schedule change. The MSU game at Joe Louis has been moved to Thursday night, Jan 23rd. (From Saturday the 25th)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                    Schedule change. The MSU game at Joe Louis has been moved to Thursday night, Jan 23rd. (From Saturday the 25th)

Interesting. I wonder what kind of attendance they'll get on a Thursday night. I think I'll be staying home.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      Interesting. I wonder what kind of attendance they'll get on a Thursday night. I think I'll be staying home.
                      The reason they are moving the game is because Michigan basketball is playing at MSU on the 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post

See, I told you that bouncy-ball was evil...
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I find it funny the Big Ten can't even schedule correctly between its own sports. This situation never happened in the CCHA.

Of course the Big Ten also chose to have MSU and UM play during Spring Break, so they're not really the best at this sorta thing.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            I find it funny the Big Ten can't even schedule correctly between its own sports. This situation never happened in the CCHA.

Of course the Big Ten also chose to have MSU and UM play during Spring Break, so they're not really the best at this sorta thing.
                            Simply put hockey gets no respect. People are seriously missing out...

I guess that's ok though, if it was more popular I wouldn't have had FREE center ice seats for tonight's Michigan game.
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Happy the boys finally had a laugher game to enjoy, but it's frustrating seeing a team with a fraction of the talent still pound 30+ shots at the net and have quality scoring chances. Nagelvoort was sharp, but his team defense wasn't. I don't know if this is what we are in for all season- seems that way. Nice to see Kile get his first career goal and Shuart his first career start. Niagara is a young team, not representative of what they were last season.

Overall, it was good to see the offense going- Motte's goal was a laser out of the gate and Copp's first goal was really a strange call. Guptill finally looked like he wanted to skate hard each shift and picked the short side on his first goal. Still, I don't think the coach will take much away from this game.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                ...Copp's first goal was really a strange call.
                                Yea, I was shocked that they counted Copp's goal. Why did they even review it? The goal light didn't even go on. The net became dislodged a good second or two before the puck crossed the line. Or have I confused the college vs. NHL rules again? I thought that it was college that had the rule that the exact second the net becomes dislodged the play is dead. I saw that in real time and then it was confirmed from the replay. How a goal was awarded there I'll never know but it's better for Michigan (although that wasn't a deciding factor in the game) so I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X