Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I thought PDG should have gotten a star on friday. He was flying every shift, something I can't say for Guptill.

The second goal: Moffatt in the high slot, takes a shot that was going a foot or two wide, hits a d-man's stick, deflects up and off the crossbar, down to the skate of Copley and trickles in. Pure luck, but at least he is shooting it.
    Agreed on PDG and Guppy. Guptill seems to coast more often than fly.

The second Michigan goal seemed more like Plinko than hockey.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Since it clearly will make you feel better, it was clear that michigan had an off night since whoever the other team was clearly sucks.
    I don't understand why opposing fans haven't figured this out yet. The only team that can beat Michigan is Michigan.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Have to watch the replay here in Minnie, but it sounds like our goal-scoring issues will continue to be a season-long problem.

But the problem keeps cropping up in wins, which is not a problem at all. Quite excited about the start so far. At least there's something sports-related to be excited about tonight.
      Jesus Saves

Comment

USCHO error causes duplicate post.

I believe in Andrew Copp.
        Jesus Saves

Comment

We won. And that is the highlight of the game.

Ok, Nagelvoort played darned well, again. And kudos to the announcer with his name. My wife barely caught that, but sure did.

Man, that was not all that entertaining to watch. Neither team did much with the puck, neither team could really get sustained pressure, both teams has bad turnovers in their zone (ours led to their goal). Just an ugly game.

Good thing we have a week off.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            No just a suggestion in reaction to the typical Tech would have won if they had more talent comments from the unknowledgable streaker. Tech was close so Michigan must have had an off night.
            I have heard it for years.
            This is funny. So, let me lay some "unknowledge" down...

why is Tech's GF average 52nd or so in the country? Where is all the goal scoring talent?
            They scored 3 goals this series... 1.5 GPG... lower than the 1.83 GPG they came in with.
            How many of those talented players have been drafted? Pietila?
            When was the last time this talent laden program make the NCAA tourney? Won a conference? Maybe that is why you have heard it for years.

I think the point is, and it wasn't meant to be a slam until it was made that way... is that Tech works extremely hard, has solid goaltending, but doesn't have any finishers. IF they did, they would have won b/c they probably outplayed Michigan in both games. That was my point. Matter of fact, with the drafted talent Michigan has, they are underperforming in some aspects. The two points are congruent. But take it any way you want. We got the sweep... and see ya at the GLI.

Comment

Give Tech credit too, the gameplan was brilliant, non stop three man pressure on the puck deep- especially after Lohan went down (btw- it doesn't sound good)
              It looked bad when he went off.
              Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7
              Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Stubborn isn't he?

Oh, and on Kile's penalty.... how far is a goaltender allowed to come out of the crease to impede a forward's attempt at playing the puck? It was borderline at best. He was several strides out of the blue. Crashing the crease is one thing, but being halfway to the corner is another.
                Unless there has been a rule change I haven't heard of the answer is "As far as he wants." That has long been a source of frustration with me. As far as I am concerned if the goalie wants the protections of the position he should stay in the crease. IMHO when he is outside the crease he is just another skater. But I don't wear a striped shirt.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

I REALLY liked the way the announcer introduced the Michigan goalie before the Saturday game. Does anyone know how to contact him and let him know? ;-)
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    It looked bad when he went off.

Al Zuniga at the Daily is reporting that Lohan is out 3+ months, gonna have surgery on what is presumed to be a knee injury.

Comment

Al Zuniga at the Daily is reporting that Lohan is out 3+ months, gonna have surgery on what is presumed to be a knee injury.
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Ok, before I am called out I will say it myself. I was wrong on Nagelvoort, I think that first game or two was just nerves. He has now settled down and looks like a wall in goal. Poor Racine, lost his job because of an "injury". streaker, was it a real injury or just a plan by Coach Berenson to get Zach in the game so that he could take over?

Mind you, I did state that I wasn't a credible evaluator of goalies...
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          Ok, before I am called out I will say it myself. I was wrong on Nagelvoort, I think that first game or two was just nerves. He has now settled down and looks like a wall in goal. Poor Racine, lost his job because of an "injury". streaker, was it a real injury or just a plan by Coach Berenson to get Zach in the game so that he could take over?

Mind you, I did state that I wasn't a credible evaluator of goalies...
                          The word from reporters is that Racine has not lost his job, and once he is healthy, he will be back in net. Figure next weekend at UNO.

Comment

The word from reporters is that Racine has not lost his job, and once he is healthy, he will be back in net. Figure next weekend at UNO.
                            Yes, it was a REAL injury. I saw it when it happened at UNH.

There are many opinions that are wrong, by the way, no one is going to call anybody out on it unless you harp on it. I actually thought this was a team in transition that would have trouble making the NCAA tourney. Why? because of the defense and questions in goal. Now, it is still early yet, but our defense has been pretty solid and goaltending superb. Let's just hope we don't suffer more long term injuries, especially on the blue line where the depth is thin.

Berenson is a smart coach that makes his players earn their starts in practice and during games. He doesn't penalize players for getting hurt. Racine will have to prove again that he is capable of playing as well as Nagelvoort, and will get his chance when healthy. It's a tough call, but it is a long season. Nagelvoort was given the B1G Ten's 2nd star- the fourth straight week a Wolverine has earned a star. It's a nice problem to have. Come the 2nd half of the season, he'll ride one of those guys into the playoffs.

Comment

That's what I figured as well too but there really isn't a reason to take Nagelvoort off of the ice.
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

As the Babcock to Michigan rumors are flying on MGoBlog, I have been told by my brother who works in the athletic department that MB is very interested in the job and has met with Dave Brandon about it.
                                ---
                                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                                19 Conference Championships
                                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X