UW vs. SCSU: Final Five Semifinal: Buck 'Em if they Can't Take a Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UW vs. SCSU: Final Five Semifinal: Buck 'Em if they Can't Take a Joke

UW needs to win to stay alive, SCSU is most likely in but a win would seal the deal.

Did UW just use up their goals for the month?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: UW vs. SCSU: Final Five Semifinal: Buck 'Em if they Can't Take a Joke

Russo tweeted the WCHA Hobey finalists...LeBlanc is among them.
    No surprise
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      UW needs to win to stay alive,
      Not so sure about that. A loss and no upsets elsewhere puts them at 15. Even a loss and with every TUC below them winning one game puts them at 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Sar'nt View Post
        Not so sure about that. A loss and no upsets elsewhere puts them at 15. Even a loss and with every TUC below them winning one game puts them at 14.
        They're 16 after the game. They've got to pass somebody and hope that teams like the Q win their tourney.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          They're 16 after the game. They've got to pass somebody and hope that teams like the Q win their tourney.
          They don't need a win to do that, though, assuming the PWR predictor is correct. They can still move up with a loss.

Comment

You're right, I was thinking of CC.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

They don't need a win to do that, though, assuming the PWR predictor is correct. They can still move up with a loss.
              They're looking to move up with a loss and plan on having nearly all favorites win their tournaments...wish them luck with that plan. I guess its possible.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

There's a not-very-large-but-also-not-insignificant chance that the Huskies miss the tourney with a loss tomorrow. That doesn't put it in the same "must win" category as it is for the Badgers, but it's not like anyone is taking this game lightly.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

UW needs to win to stay alive, SCSU is most likely in but a win would seal the deal.

I'm hoping so!
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    I'm hoping so!

Really? If you guys would have just done your job, nobody would be in this situation.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      There's a not-very-large-but-also-not-insignificant chance that the Huskies miss the tourney with a loss tomorrow. That doesn't put it in the same "must win" category as it is for the Badgers, but it's not like anyone is taking this game lightly.
                      There's a slight chance you could get hit by a object falling from outer space too. But I doubt it.

St. Cloud is 7th at PWR currently.

No matter since SCSU wins Broadmoor.

Comment

I had this concern after the 6th one tonight. Then I realized that we have been saving up goals all season long. We have bunches of them ready, and are not afraid to use them.

Comment

I was under the impression that a loss would leave them in a spot where they would probably miss the tournament, barring tons of things going their way, and that a win against SCSU would put them in good shape for the tournament. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            I was under the impression that a loss would leave them in a spot where they would probably miss the tournament, barring tons of things going their way, and that a win against SCSU would put them in good shape for the tournament. Am I missing something?
                            If UW loses to SCSU they will not make the NCAA tournament.
                            A win against SCSU and UW has between a 5-10% chance of making the tournament (depending on the predictive model used)
                            Two more wins and I stop calling for Eaves head for at least 6 months.

Comment

Wisconsin is playing so well right now, it will be tough to beat them.
                              SCSU!

Comment

Working...
                              X