Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU: On The Way Up

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
    See, I'm not the only one who talks smack...
    Except she didn't talk smack...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Except she didn't talk smack...
      She pointed out an obvious grammatical error and then also called out the person that said "Big House" rather than Yost.

I'm not condemming, actually I would have done the same thing had I seen the post first.
      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: BGSU: Another Strong Weekend

Strong showing at ND this weekend, Friday's game was a crusher to lose with 2.4 secs left in OT (don't like the new scoring system which gives you zero pts for losing to a top 10 team in OT on the road), but the team showed great character to come back with a SO win on Saturday. Both nights BG outshot ND in the 3rd period, which speaks well of coaching and conditioning. That makes three splits with ranked teams in the last three weekends which is a good sign that progress is being made from earlier in the season. Series with LSSU and Mich St remain before the break so with any luck we could finish the first half right in the middle of the pack. Not bad for a team with 10 frosh and 7-8 in the lineup on most nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet>Fire View Post
          A win in the big house helps these guys get going....tough one back at home, oh well...watch out for this team...give em a year and you will be tellin me I'm a genious...go birds!
          Wow an actual BGSU thread!!! My 2 cents.... they are competitive but they have a ways to go to really make a splash. As this team matures, they will turn some heads. How quickly they mature is the real question. Beating Michigan at Michigan was good for this teams confidence. However, everyone had been beating Michigan up to that point. Not sure how. They seem very strong and talented, really a lot like Notre Dame.

This weekend will be a real acid test for BG. If they don't put some pucks in the net this weekend, it makes for a long season. The PP is really struggling and if they don't find a fix... look out. I think the coaches are scratching their heads trying to figure that out. Good luck this weekend BGSU.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyschmockey View Post
            Beating Michigan at Michigan was good for this teams confidence. However, everyone had been beating Michigan up to that point. Not sure how. They seem very strong and talented, really a lot like Notre Dame.
            True, Michigan would have lost to The Little Sisters of the Poor when you beat them at Yost (5 Ls in a row) but don't take anything away from what your boys did. They still beat Michigan at Yost. And I also have no idea how, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened.
            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

True, Michigan would have lost to The Little Sisters of the Poor when you beat them at Yost (5 Ls in a row) but don't take anything away from what your boys did. They still beat Michigan at Yost. And I also have no idea how, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened.
              Who are you? And what happened to the person that was previously posting under your name?
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Sometimes the stars line up and the puck does what it is supposed to do . I am really hoping this team plays good this weekend. Two V's this weekend would be the first time all year that BG pulled out a two victory weekend. They seem to be turning the puck over in their own Dzone less and less as each game goes by. If they can get another performance from their tenders like they did vs ND, they could have a satisfying weekend.

Comment

More good news from BG:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=507413
                  Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Still more good news from BG:

http://www.sent-trib.com/stnew/index...orts&Itemid=40

Thanks, Scott!!!
                    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment