POY: Gaudreau (I could argue Whitney)
    ROY: Gillies
    COY: Bazin

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied
    Re: HEA Awards Predictions

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    However, tell me this. If Collins was on a line with Whitney and Mullane for much of the season, he'd have more points than he did. And, if Gaudreau was on a line with Toomey/Christie/Gould, he'd have fewer points.
    Wow genius stuff here.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

I agree with that assessment, but I don't think that should be the determining factor in who wins POTY. To me, it's simply who was the best player...purely an individual award. If it were more of an MVP award, maybe Collins would have an edge because he means more to his team than Gaudreau does to BC (maybe).

Leave a comment:

• carltonbarrett
    replied

I think lately he's been skating on a line with Arnold and Straight, hasn't been with Whitney in some time.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Fair enough, but (A) Gaudreau scored 50 percent more PPG (B) pretty sure he played injured after the WJC's (C) he wasn't BC's only option, while Collins was clearly the main guy at MC and thus likely saw more ice/PP time. Again, I respect your view but think Gaudreau will win it going away.
    I agree that Gaudreau will probably win, but my premise is simple. Collins would have more points than he did if he was on a line with Mullane and Whitney. Gaudreau would have less points if on a line with the MC guys. Both of Gaudreau's linemates are 100+ scorers. Again, Gaudreau will be a better pro. Collins is too slow.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    Gaudreau at 1.33 and Collins at 1.19. I believe they only use conference stats.
    brian, carlton is ALWAYS right!!!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Collins is almost 23 as a junior...edge to younger player

Leave a comment:

• carltonbarrett
    replied

Fair enough, but (A) Gaudreau scored 50 percent more PPG (B) pretty sure he played injured after the WJC's (C) he wasn't BC's only option, while Collins was clearly the main guy at MC and thus likely saw more ice/PP time. Again, I respect your view but think Gaudreau will win it going away.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    twitter reporting wey won the defensive poy
    Whose? His own?

Patronick, some interesting selections. Only thing I would question is not having Matheson on the all rookie team. He leads all rookie d in PPG and tied for +/- with +12 in 25 games. Although wouldn't surprise me at all to see all three named to the team.

Leave a comment:

• REDMEN2002
    replied

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    You are right. Only conference stats. Have to think it goes to Gaudreau but I wouldn't be upset if Collins gets it.

Leave a comment:

• Tater
    replied

Come on, Gaudreau is averaging 1.49 PPG vs Collins' 1.00 PPG. Not even close....

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

Come on, Gaudreau is averaging 1.49 PPG vs Collins' 1.00 PPG. Not even close....
    Both are deserving. I love how Gaudreau plays. He was terrific at the WJC, but even a BC fan like you would have to admit he wasn't as consistent the second half. Collins is too slow. He'll never make it in pro hockey. He's good for the college game. However, tell me this. If Collins was on a line with Whitney and Mullane for much of the season, he'd have more points than he did. And, if Gaudreau was on a line with Toomey/Christie/Gould, he'd have fewer points. Both Collins and Gaudreau make the players around them better, but Gaudreau had more support. That's my argument.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

twitter reporting wey won the defensive poy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X