Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU: Now that we have a MacNaughton can we have a Season Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU: Now that we have a MacNaughton can we have a Season Thread?

Originally posted by SCSU red army View Post
    At least we didn't lose to Yale in 9 seconds of OT hahaha
    that puts you in 4th...they played longer ......... congrats on a great season...
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Want to congratulate St Cloud State on a great season. I was very impressed by their speed and talent and thought this game was closer than the score indicated. You outplayed us for stretches and really if we don't have Hartzell it is your team that moves on.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Jan Brady fans so sorry to see you lose.
        On the plus side summer is just around the corner and you can get your trucks ready for Muddin. Just make sure you mullet is nice and shinny when you come home to Bertha after though.

Best Wishes,

Your friend from the South.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
          Really? Last time YOUR team was #1, top overall seed in tourney? 3 regional finals, 1 national final in 4 years. Yale not a 1 hit wonder - on the rise. Kicked NoDak's rear ends 2 times in touney. Speaking for all WCHA huh? Last I checked WCHA got drilled by Yale and Q this year. Speaking for all of WCHA.
          Thanks for stopping by. If you want to talk crap about Minny and NoDak, head over to their threads. SCSU lost to a very good Q team. Started far too slow and ran into a great goalie. Nothing to be ashamed of. Wouldn't mind at all seeing them and Yale on the schedule in the future.

For the SCSU fans on here, great turnout at Bunny's in St. Louis Park last night. Was awesome to see everyone in the red and black.

Young team, think we'll see them back in the mix again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Here is my post-mortem:

Greatest season in school history. I expected this team to make the Frozen Four and they did. I didn't expect them to win the MacNaughton, but they did. Two legit banners to hang. A possible Hobey Baker award for Drew LeBlanc. The best freshman class in the country and I don't know how anyone could argue that. And a team made up of players who were great students, great citizens and are a really tight-knit group. I couldn't be more proud.

Losing Hanowski and LeBlanc will hurt. Jensen is likely to be leaving and he is probably the best player on the team. If Dowd and Gravel stay I think this team can make it back to the Frozen Four. Dowd is great on both ends and he could top 50 points next year if he is the main guy on offense. Benik looked great in the playoffs and I am looking forward to seeing him on one of the top two lines next year. Kossila and Brodzinski had great seasons. Thorson could score 20 goals with more ice time. Morley and Murray had some great games this year. I thought Faragher had a decent year, but not up to the standards of our previous goalies. I hope Lindgren pushes him for playing time next year. The future is pretty bright for St. Cloud State.
            Great take on the season. Spot on about Faragher. Definitely could use a bit of improvement and having someone push you helps that in my opinion. On a different note, will all the renovations to the NHC be done by the start of next season? And does anyone have the Huskies full season schedule yet? Want to start looking at some road trips.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
              Great take on the season. Spot on about Faragher. Definitely could use a bit of improvement and having someone push you helps that in my opinion. On a different note, will all the renovations to the NHC be done by the start of next season? And does anyone have the Huskies full season schedule yet? Want to start looking at some road trips.
              The renovations will not be done yet. There are three stages of the renovation. Stages one and two will be done by the start of next year and they will finish the third stage in the summer of 2014.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

First McNaughton, First Frozen Four, First Hobey.

Wanna be playing tomorrow, but a hell of a year for SCSU
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

LeBlanc represents the best of what it means to be a Husky.
                  So glad he got it.

Also, Hatten reports Hano has signed, 2 years, 2 way.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                  Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                  Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                  Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                  Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

What a great season! Of course, I'd rather be playing tomorrow, but I can't complain overall. Good job Huskies!

Comment

Thank you to all the SCSU players on a great season! It was a blast coming to the games every night and watching the season unfold. Congratulations to Drew on the Hobey and good luck in Chicago. Good luck to Ben Hanowski in Calgary. Both players are fun to watch and will be missed. I am looking forward to next season and will be cheering Loud and Proud! Go HUSKIES!!!

Comment

Congrats to Drew LeBlanc on the Hobey. Believe this is the 10th going to a player from a school in Minnesota.
                        Well done Huskies..
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Hey Malamutes (err Huskies), here's my post to say congrats on a great season and on LeBlanc winning the Hobey.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Congrats to Drew on winning the Hobey and signing with the Blackhawks, and same to Hanowski for signing with the Flames. Have to say, it's been fun here in Pittsburgh. I wish we were playing tomorrow, but I am not disappointed with what we have accomplished this year. Hoping for bigger and better things next year.

Comment

Working...
                            X