Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to break it to you, but UAA is going to need to scour AJHL and BCHL for talent if they want to win in the WCHA.
    Gee ... I really wish someone had pointed out that important piece of the UAA recruiting puzzle before now.

Comment

• Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Don't like critical analysis from someone who has literally dedicated thousands of hours writing about the program over the last decade and who has spent **** near 1100 hours at the Sully watching the team over the last 29 years then I'd suggest you choose one of three options:

A: Put me on ignore ...
      B: Counter my analysis with something substantive, relevant and/or enlightening ...
      C: Stick to being on the Aces bandwagon ...

As for me; ill comment as I choose and as I feel the situation warrants without regard for shallow thinking fans such as you.
      I think your thousands of hours of dedication to this program, in time, and in print ...........gives you good cause to long for what you perceive is the best possible candidate.

However, the program you have dedicated heart and soul to, is a bit of a "bowser"..... in most worlds .... and not one that is going to attract a long list of candidates with the "looks" you believe "she's" worthy of.

This new Coach, who has gone all in to bring respectability to the program you love, is surrounding himself with people who have decent qualifications that he knows and trusts. So really everything that is happening to your program is "remarkable".

If I were you, I'd try to find some positives to support this Coaching Staff, because there's only one direction this program can go. I hope the Seawolves enjoy success this season.

Comment

Gee ... I really wish someone had pointed out that important piece of the UAA recruiting puzzle before now.
        You're the one griping about UAA not recruiting well in Alaska. Recruit all the Alaska kids you want. UAA won't be good unless it gets the majority of its roster from BCHL and AJHL and good players from those leagues.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          You're the one griping about UAA not recruiting well in Alaska. Recruit all the Alaska kids you want. UAA won't be good unless it gets the majority of its roster from BCHL and AJHL and good players from those leagues.
          Understanding sarcasm isn't one of your strong points.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
            I think your thousands of hours of dedication to this program, in time, and in print ...........gives you good cause to long for what you perceive is the best possible candidate.

However, the program you have dedicated heart and soul to, is a bit of a "bowser"..... in most worlds .... and not one that is going to attract a long list of candidates with the "looks" you believe "she's" worthy of.

This new Coach, who has gone all in to bring respectability to the program you love, is surrounding himself with people who have decent qualifications that he knows and trusts. So really everything that is happening to your program is "remarkable".

If I were you, I'd try to find some positives to support this Coaching Staff, because there's only one direction this program can go. I hope the Seawolves enjoy success this season.
            Find someone online that has been more positive about UAA over the last decade and then get back to me.

Comment

Absolutely nothing about this hire is remarkable. Jindra has more experience and that isn't saying much. If there are 120 assistant D1 coaches, I'd venture a guess that 119 of them have better resumes than Josh frigging Ciocco.

He was a nice player at UNH but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a good recruiter or even a good person to run a practice.

I'll grant that Coach Thomas can hire whoever he wants and that his staff should be people that he can work with. ... But that aside ... Thomas had a chance here to bolster the standing of the program locally and this doesn't further that important goal. He better now be fully prepared to do ALL the local recruiting.

Far from an impressive first move from our new Head Coach.
              I'm confident you'll be pleasantly surprised with Ciocco's eye for talent and ability to motivate and relate to young players. UAA will be a stepping stone for him.
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                Find someone online that has been more positive about UAA over the last decade and then get back to me.
                Positivity is not important. *********gedness is what annoys us. And you sir, are the King of *********gedness.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Well it's nice to see we are back to ****ing all over each other. Things feel quite normal again.

Comment

How is Ciocco pronounced?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayfarnorth View Post
                      How is Ciocco pronounced?
                      See-ahh-Kow (sorry if I'm not perfect at that, but just to give you a general idea)
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Imo, the backbone of UAA should be players from the state of Alaska if they can recruit ten players or so the Seawolves will surely compete for consistent yearly NCAA invites. I also don't believe they need to recruit more players from western Canada, although it helps but there are plenty of players around North America to which they can recruit from.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          Imo, the backbone of UAA should be players from the state of Alaska if they can recruit ten players or so the Seawolves will surely compete for consistent yearly NCAA invites. I also don't believe they need to recruit more players from western Canada, although it helps but there are plenty of players around North America to which they can recruit from.
                          This is a statement I agree with. Although most of our best players come from western Canada, I would like to see the staff recruiting more players from the ushl and nahl
                          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

UAAFANBLOG...

I know you have always been a staunch support of UAA over the years and have attended endless contests, but most of what I've read in this thread are you tearing apart every move made by UAA. Give these guys a chance. Don't come back at me with your long winded replies, as I don't care, but it's done, so the least you can do be supportive, even if you don't agree with the decisions. UAA formed a committee that they thought would bring in the best Head Coach, the Head Coach hired an assistant who he believed to be a great asset to the team. It's new, it's different, embrace it for a little while. You gave Shyiak quite the benefit of the doubt. We ALL thought he might bring the fire and glory back, but that wasn't the case. He was gone this year regardless of the 'accusations.'

I agree, we need to keep our local boys here, we have one the great ice surfaces in the NWCHA(sans the ageing arena), let's give 'em a chance, if there isn't an improvement after 3 years, time to go, it really couldn't get any worse.
                            Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Just put him on ignore people
                              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                                Just put him on ignore people
                                I won't do it, I like his opinions and he is entitled to them. He doesn't have to change his mind about anything, just what is done is done, support it instead of trying to knock it down. Despite the fact he is condecending, some people just can't help it. Just my 1 cent.
                                Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Working...
                                X