• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Hockey
    replied
    Re: UAA Seawolves offseason thread- time for change

Originally posted by hockeytownak View Post
    yep...they called to ask if I planned to renew. A buddy of mine got the same call.
    A bona fide supporter of Seawolf Hockey already has their season tickets.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Pink Pony
    Seawolf hockey is back.
    And the pink pony is still pink........go figure

Leave a comment:

• seawolfpunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pink Pony
    Seawolf hockey is back.
    Take a hike, troll. Go fool around on osojoros stupid threads.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

yep...they called to ask if I planned to renew. A buddy of mine got the same call.
    Also worth noting that the hockey is getting a little attention on the seawolves Facebook page. Trying to win back the hearts of the students...good move!
    I saw that. Even Coach was involved ... although he was only holding the door open.

Leave a comment:

• hockeytownak
    replied

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    You actually got a call? Love it!

Also worth noting that the hockey is getting a little attention on the seawolves Facebook page. Trying to win back the hearts of the students...good move!

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

There's a nip in the air, the boiler has kicked on and I've just received a phone call from UAA to renew my season tickets. Can't wait for the season to start!
    You actually got a call? Love it!

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
    Hey Geof, my brother lives in New Hope (works in Huntsville)..

I think I might try to go down there & visit him when we play there. I'll have to track you down at your arena!
    Come on down!

GFM

Leave a comment:

• revfnb
    replied

Alex still playing hockey: http://www.adn.com/2013/08/23/303926...-where-he.html

Leave a comment:

• hockeytownak
    replied

There's a nip in the air, the boiler has kicked on and I've just received a phone call from UAA to renew my season tickets. Can't wait for the season to start!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Remember where the money went for this year's repairs to the Sullivan and Boeke arenas? The mayor (aka former tennis coach) plans to build an $8.5 million dollar indoor tennis court complex off of Northern Lights next to the Dempsey Ice arena. He added the arena repair money to some state money he secured for his tennis project. Sounds like the Turnagain neighborhood doesn't want the tennis courts, but he's pushing it through anyway.. so far.
    Boy that's a really terrible area to PO politically. Good luck trying for higher office if he pushes that through.

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaRox
    replied

Hey Geof, my brother lives in New Hope (works in Huntsville)..

I think I might try to go down there & visit him when we play there. I'll have to track you down at your arena!

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    I also want to thank you for your service. Thanks
    Y'all know that we don't kill people, stop wars, or put out fires, right? Just a job.

GFM <— hopes that y'all get the rink that you deserve on a good day to be a Seawolf.

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaRox
    replied

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    I am pretty sure most students knew about that construction at the farg..
    Yep, you're right. But even those of us who live here year round and drive by there fairly often are like.. whoa.. (()) I have to take a double take just to confirm I just passed by Spirit Way.

Leave a comment:

• seawolfpunk
    replied
    What's this chatter about seats in the Sully? If you refer to my comment to Suze (somewhere in this thing) you'll see my conversation with the mayor about seats. I ran into him when I was downtown recently and asked him about his "namesake arena". The dude is clueless!

Remember where the money went for this year's repairs to the Sullivan and Boeke arenas? The mayor (aka former tennis coach) plans to build an $8.5 million dollar indoor tennis court complex off of Northern Lights next to the Dempsey Ice arena. He added the arena repair money to some state money he secured for his tennis project. Sounds like the Turnagain neighborhood doesn't want the tennis courts, but he's pushing it through anyway.. so far.

I'll bet the returning students (the ones who didn't spend the summer here) were shocked to see the area in front of the Wells Fargo Center, school store, etc.. It's just NUTZ over there with all that construction and the area is completely unrecognizable from last year! = =

p.s. Saw on the news that "Campus Kickoff Fest 2013" is tomorrow @ UAA (for students & the public).. Fun in the sun!
    I am pretty sure most students knew about that construction at the farg. Not a real shock since it was planned a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaRox
    replied

Hey. If we keep thinking up things to post.. this thing will hit the magic 1000 in no time flat!

And just to keep it on topic.. (Seawolves stuff) the guys are getting their big, cushy Princess tour buses back after two years of using Seawolf Shuttles. I'm sure they're stoked. Much nicer ride to & from the airport, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X