Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 College Hockey Showcase (Minn, Wis, Mich. MSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 College Hockey Showcase (Minn, Wis, Mich. MSU)

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I suspect that the Minnesota game will be competitive, in that neither team is as bad as what their record is. .
    I agree with this. I also think it could be the most intense of the 4 games, simply because both squads have got to be pretty fu*.ing desperate to turn things around.

I will be rooting for UW this weekend as well. The Gophers are going to need all the help they can get if they want to get within a stones throw of an NCAA bid.

Comment

I get the feeling that friday night against Wisk is going to be really tough for MSU. They seem to be a lot older, more experienced and a bit bigger than us and really seem to be overpowering most teams. Last year during the showcase wisky handed us what was pretty much tied for the most lopsided game of the year. Jeff Lerg is the only reason the score wasn't embarrassing.(who by the way i saw on campus today).

Minnesota will probably be more difficult than most be expect but hopefully not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        Minnesota will probably be more difficult than most be expect but hopefully not.
        Depends on how angry they are about their fortunes of late. But, I don't expect anything anymore. There have been plenty of times this season where they should have been angry and driven, and it just didn't happen. Not for 60 minutes, anyway.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          They're keeping the timeslots open just in case there's a basketball press conference.
          Exactly.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
            So it looks like neither UW game will be on TV. Thank you Big Ten Network for your suckitude. Instead we get to watch Big Ten basketball teams play St. Mary's of the blind.
            I asked @BigTenNetwork about this today on Twitter. Their response was.
            "We try to do hockey justice with the basics (standings, rankings, scores) but don't have much more to offer at this time"

I responded by saying surely this weekend's games would draw better numbers than the crap women's basketball. They wisely decided not to respond to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Depends on how angry they are about their fortunes of late. But, I don't expect anything anymore. There have been plenty of times this season where they should have been angry and driven, and it just didn't happen. Not for 60 minutes, anyway.
              But do you have a defection and a decommit to the O in the same day?

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                I don't you want to compare defections with a UMN fan. Just sayin.
                They've had a player leave during the season for like 3 or 4 seasons in a row.
                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  I don't you want to compare defections with a UMN fan. Just sayin.
                  They've had a player leave during the season for like 3 or 4 seasons in a row.
                  Yeah, but call me when it happens to them this year. Then we'll truly be on equal footing. At the moment, they have buy-in from everyone on the ice.

Comment

Yeah, but call me when it happens to them this year. Then we'll truly be on equal footing. At the moment, they have buy-in from everyone on the ice.
                    Let me get in my time machine and work on that.
                    M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Comment

How does broken jaw, season-ending knee injury, and a defection in the span of just over a week sound?

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                        How does broken jaw, season-ending knee injury, and a defection in the span of just over a week sound?
                        Sounds like I missed the part about a defection.

EDIT: Yep, I forgot about seeing that bit regarding Lofquist.
                        Last edited by KC8NIY; 11-23-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Sounds like I missed the part about a defection.

EDIT: Yep, I forgot about seeing that bit regarding Lofquist.
                          Hey, this made me realize something. At least the Gophers lead the nation in something: team discontinuity!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                            I asked @BigTenNetwork about this today on Twitter. Their response was.
                            "We try to do hockey justice with the basics (standings, rankings, scores) but don't have much more to offer at this time"
                            Yep, they sure want to broadcast hockey.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ouch. Sounds like you guys are having some internal issues as well.

Looking forward to both games this weekend it should be some good hockey and I can only hope the Gophers stop putting the puck in there own net.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

I hear Wisconsin wants out of the showcase, so next year will be the last year. Something to do with them wanting a Big Ten league, and Minnesota wanting nothing to do with it?
                                Last edited by BlimpGuy; 11-24-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X