Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subway Holiday Classic (Miami, North Dakota, tOSU, Bemidji)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Subway Holiday Classic (Miami, North Dakota, tOSU, Bemidji)

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    He was waiting until his team put a decent performance out there to spout off about....now he will go into a cave for a couple weeks...its sad I like OSU and most of there fans...
    what exactly am I "spouting off" about. I was rooting for Miami- I just didn't understand the logic of how a loss to Ohio State makes Bemidji's win over Miami "mean less." Sorry, if my team beat the # 1 team in the country and turned around and lost to a middle of the road team the next night, I would still consider the win over the #1 team a good win.

Comment

See this is what happens when you let conferences intermingle with conferences. Both families end up hating each other and fights break out.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

But but but but Miami is a dynasty!!!!!!! (c) redhawkman10. Can't you see that?!
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Highlights are on fightingsiou*****...

Malone's goal reminded me of Vanek's against UNH in the NC game. "Wait for it.....wait for it......wait for it.....GOAL!" Knapp's jockstrap is probably still somewhere at the Ralph. Right next to Edsness' after Smith's game-tying goal.

That said, I don't think Eids played very well. Not a lot of help defensively on some of them, but Camper's he definitely wants back.
          Eidsness jock? really? He made the first save on Smith. But im sure that camper goal is one he wants back for sure. I thought Kristo's second goal was better than malone's. He showed more patience, IMO. That kid has tremendous skill.

I thought Knapp played well, 3 of the 5 goals I don't think he ever saw and that is a credit to UND for 1. getting traffic in front and 2. their defensemen for people able to recognize it and shoot for the traffic.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            Eidsness jock? really? He made the first save on Smith. But im sure that camper goal is one he wants back for sure. I thought Kristo's second goal was better than malone's. He showed more patience, IMO. That kid has tremendous skill.

I thought Knapp played well, 3 of the 5 goals I don't think he ever saw and that is a credit to UND for 1. getting traffic in front and 2. their defensemen for people able to recognize it and shoot for the traffic.
            I was gonna say the same thing. Eidsness made the initial save but he(Smith) had the opportunity to knock it in since Eidsness was down on the ice and couldn't make another move to try and make a second save. Still though great goal especially as to how it was created. If anything, the 2 Sioux D-man are still probably saying "Where did he go?"

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              I was gonna say the same thing. Eidsness made the initial save but he(Smith) had the opportunity to knock it in since Eidsness was down on the ice and couldn't make another move to try and make a second save. Still though great goal especially as to how it was created. If anything, the 2 Sioux D-man are still probably saying "Where did he go?"
              The pass from Miele made that play. Just a perfect pass and a great read from Miele to get him the puck behind both the Sioux defenders.

I was very impressed with Miami, as expected. They are a fast, skilled team that play a very similar style to the Sioux. Made for an exciting back-and-forth game.

I would expect to see Miami make another postseason run. They are the most impressive team the Sioux have faced so far this season IMO...
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                If there is anything he should be looking for its his groin, because I think he was in the full splits. But your right he got his toe on the first one but nothing he could do about it, it was great play to get a second shot off.

I think everyone got caught looking at miele when he pulled up at the blueline.

That Malone kid might be the fastest player in college hockey, but I sure hope we meet again in april to finally get a result. A tie leaves what feels like un finished business, but both teams deserved it. UND never quit being down twice early, they kept plugging away then stretched it out in the second and Miami dug deep.

Truly was one of the best college games ive ever watched.
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Yeah it was definitely a lot more exciting watching those 4 games on tv/computer than it ever was watching a live game of the Ohio Hockey Classic. There were always too many teams busy with holiday tourneys so the competition wasn't the best. I wish the four teams could get something going like that each year, especially since BSU will be in the WCHA soon, sort of like our own (and better) version of the College Hockey Showcase

Comment

Working...
                  X