This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

wasn't there some big push a few years back as a joke to get rory fitzpatrick into the nhl all star game?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      totally unfair tying Fivehole12's playful post to the tragic events of Monday and not only that but where the heck were you going with that post?
      We too grieve for that young lady and her family as we do for everyone else affected ESPECIALLY the BU community who has had a lot of tragic events happen to it the past year or two........
      just pirate being pirate and taking himself way too seriously. he's a windbag.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the Boston Marathon, as they do for many, many others every single day, that are alive on earth and that live in the Holy Spirit.

My timing was bad. Sorry folks.
        It was not my intent to suggest you meant to connect your post and the events of Monday. You observed it sucked to be a member of the BU community and I responded.

In our hectic lives some of us are afforded few moments to pursue trivial things such as message boards. Given more time, I may have considered that my response could have been worded differently. But my response would have still been to point out that the events of the week include the best and worst of times and your post, however playfully intended, was not appreciated by at least one person.

Honestly, it was not my intent to suggest you would be so callous as to intentionally make the connection.
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

For those of you planning to attend, I wanted to confirm that the Friends of Hockey Banquet is still on for tonight.

Comment

so no captain named tonight?!?!?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Banquet recap? Anyone? Bueller?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Recap
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Thanks Rogie.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Well then, brian gionta...most honored opponent over last 25 years. Interesting award and pretty darn cool that he won it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Well then, brian gionta...most honored opponent over last 25 years. Interesting award and pretty darn cool that he won it.
                      good company. ken dryden was recognized as the first 25 back at that time.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        good company. ken dryden was recognized as the first 25 back at that time.
                        Interesting award indeed... is this given out every 25 years

Comment

That's how I interpreted it. At the 25th banquet it was given to dryden.

Comment

Heisenberg's site shows BU with a 2013 commit from Nichols School right-shot defenseman Jack Faso, a late '94 birthdate. These stats are just for the team's 15 league games. They also play preps like Lawrenceville, Kimball Union Northwood and Shattucks. As a junior, he was all-CISSA.

OverTheBoards.net reported that he also played for the Buffalo Saints U18 split season. In a combined 49 games, he had a 7-15-22 line.
                            Last edited by Rogie21; 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Per the banquet story on this site:

"The banquet typically ends by naming the next year’s captain, but that did not happen. Parker said he wants incoming coach David Quinn to own the final decision on who will lead the team."

Hard to imagine Coach Quinn hadn't already worked this out by the banquet.
                              Also, didn't they used to vote among the team members with a veto right held by the coach (the reason why I suspect Luke Popko never got C or an A)?

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                                Per the banquet story on this site:

"The banquet typically ends by naming the next year’s captain, but that did not happen. Parker said he wants incoming coach David Quinn to own the final decision on who will lead the team."

Hard to imagine Coach Quinn hadn't already worked this out by the banquet.
                                Also, didn't they used to vote among the team members with a veto right held by the coach (the reason why I suspect Luke Popko never got C or an A)?
                                Why? What was the problem with Popko?
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X