This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    I don't have the facts at hand to support this statement, but my observation is that the US didn't become a perennial contender for international tournament honors such as the WJC and Olympics until the talent net was spread wider to cover the non-traditional hockey areas. Perhaps with the a larger pool of talent, hockey is attracting a better type of athlete rather than just hockey players?
    From observation, a fair amount of hockey players in my area are products of families with high disposable income thus they get very good training and travel extensively. So, teams from all over travel to the same tournaments and can establish the measuring stick against teams from traditional hot beds.

I don't follow the results closely but the general them isn't that these teams go to Canada and get spanked consistently. And clearly some of their players are on par.
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

A look back at BU's 1989-90 Final Four Team
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Just stopped by to talk some hockey.

Sucks To BU

That is all.

'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Just stopped by to talk some hockey.

Sucks To BU

That is all.

As one of our students was killed in the blast on Monday, yeah...that sucks for the whole BU community. As some of the people giving aid to injured/displaced runners were BU students, that doesn't suck. As a BU alum I am encouraged when I read of such actions among the students.

If I were a BC alum I'd have a different feeling reading your post.

Stay classy, BC.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Wait, what?

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
              As one of our students was killed in the blast on Monday, yeah...that sucks for the whole BU community. As some of the people giving aid to injured/displaced runners were BU students, that doesn't suck. As a BU alum I am encouraged when I read of such actions among the students.

If I were a BC alum I'd have a different feeling reading your post.

Stay classy, BC.
              totally unfair tying Fivehole12's playful post to the tragic events of Monday and not only that but where the heck were you going with that post?
              We too grieve for that young lady and her family as we do for everyone else affected ESPECIALLY the BU community who has had a lot of tragic events happen to it the past year or two........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                totally unfair tying Fivehole12's playful post to the tragic events of Monday and not only that but where the heck were you going with that post?
                We too grieve for that young lady and her family as we do for everyone else affected ESPECIALLY the BU community who has had a lot of tragic events happen to it the past year or two........
                Yes it is unfair to infer that's what he was getting at. The timing of the post is certainly poor and Fivehole used questionable judgement at best. Poor form I say.
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

FiveHole, sterlippo, you guys are BC guys, and this is our thread, so I'm required to say: Shut your fancy Chestnut Hill Audi-driving pie-holes, and go find your bookie, and so on.

Now that that's out of the way:

pirate, you're family, we know you're a good guy. And you're p1ssed about what happened on Monday. Everybody is. And it's going to take some time to be able to deal with what our city went through. That's all right too. But I think you have to apologize to FiveHole. Don't take it out on an innocent post; save that for the actual bad guys, who deserve your (and my) real anger.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                    FiveHole, sterlippo, you guys are BC guys, and this is our thread, so I'm required to say: Shut your fancy Chestnut Hill Audi-driving pie-holes, and go find your bookie, and so on.
                    Psshhhh Audi? Sure my butler's butler drives one

Comment

ok, ok Dave, it does say "where BC comes to talk hockey" doesn't it? I guess my 2001 Honda Civic with 240K on it doesn't qualify and FiveHole12 can attest to said Honda

Comment

Seriously guys? Come on.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Now that that's out of the way:

pirate, you're family, we know you're a good guy. And you're p1ssed about what happened on Monday. Everybody is. And it's going to take some time to be able to deal with what our city went through. That's all right too. But I think you have to apologize to FiveHole. Don't take it out on an innocent post; save that for the actual bad guys, who deserve your (and my) real anger.
                          Chit, 5hole couldnt drive an Audi or find a bookie if both were dumped in front of him. Only thing he can reliably find is a fishing rod and a door into the Yellow Banana. He's kinda anti-BC if you ask me.
                          sure why not

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the Boston Marathon, as they do for many, many others every single day, that are alive on earth and that live in the Holy Spirit.

My timing was bad. Sorry folks.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              Chit, 5hole couldnt drive an Audi or find a bookie if both were dumped in front of him. Only thing he can reliably find is a fishing rod and a door into the Yellow Banana.
                              And he likes it that way!
                              No time for the Yellow Banana though... too busy fishing.

Comment

Not sure if this should go here or in the alumni thread...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1464--nhl.html

Not sure how you vote... but get out and vote!

Comment

Working...
                                X