X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    I frequently wonder why more women don't post here
    ?? Chip their nails on the keyboard?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I take back what I said a few pages back that "BU could have been Yale." Man, are they fun to watch. Their power play is a thing of beauty.

I'm all in on the Bulldogs! Go Ylae!!!

Last ECAC team in a final was Colgate in 1990.
      I recently re-read a write-up from that game (keep an eye out for a story on that year's team on the fan blog shortly - not by me). Parker pretty much attirbuted that loss to Gagnon (the Colgate goalie), saying that he was the reason that their comeback magic ran out. Somehow, I didn't even see McEachern's shot hit the post.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I recently re-read a write-up from that game (keep an eye out for a story on that year's team on the fan blog shortly - not by me). Parker pretty much attirbuted that loss to Gagnon (the Colgate goalie), saying that he was the reason that their comeback magic ran out. Somehow, I didn't even see McEachern's shot hit the post.
        The newest "Terriers Tale" epic from mh82 (aka the Doris Kearns Goodwin of The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog) should be posted early next week. It'll include video of the quarterfinal series vs. Michigan State. If any knows of any video of the Colgate game, it'd be much appreciated.

A few of the other Terrier Tales he's written that are posted on the blog:
        The Drive for Five (08-09)
        A Few Good Men (96-97)
        One Glove and Two Caroms Shy of a Load (90-91)
        BU's First Hockey East Champions (85-86)
        That Championship Season (77-78)
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          The newest "Terriers Tale" epic from mh82 (aka the Doris Kearns Goodwin of The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog) should be posted early next week. It'll include video of the quarterfinal series vs. Michigan State. If any knows of any video of the Colgate game, it'd be much appreciated.

A few of the other Terrier Tales he's written that are posted on the blog:
          The Drive for Five (08-09)
          A Few Good Men (96-97)
          One Glove and Two Caroms Shy of a Load (90-91)
          BU's First Hockey East Champions (85-86)
          That Championship Season (77-78)
          Sounds like you are soliciting (or perhaps mh82 is) naming ideas for this one....

Let's see:
          Excellence Returns
          3 (Amonte) is the Magic Number
          "I Think We Found Ourselves a Goaltender"
          One Step Back, Two Steps Forward (3 Games Series)

Comment

defkit, what was the score of the 1991 National Semi? I remember 7-2. (Amonte went off.) Someone posted a link to an article with all of the ECAC participants since 1989 and had the score as 3-2. Wrong!
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

defkit, what was the score of the 1991 National Semi? I remember 7-2. (Amonte went off.) Someone posted a link to an article with all of the ECAC participants since 1989 and had the score as 3-2. Wrong!
              It was 7-3 over Clarkson and, yes, Amonte had a hat trick in the first period as BU put up a five-spot in the first period against defkit's favorite Golden Knights goalie, Chris Rogles.

In four NCAA games, BU scored 26 goals: 4-1 and 8-1 vs. Michigan in the quarters, 7-3 semi, 7-8 final. And that was after 18 goals in three HE tournament games.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                It was 7-3 over Clarkson and, yes, Amonte had a hat trick in the first period as BU put up a five-spot in the first period against defkit's favorite Golden Knights goalie, Chris Rogles.

In four NCAA games, BU scored 26 goals: 4-1 and 8-1 vs. Michigan in the quarters, 7-3 semi, 7-8 final. And that was after 18 goals in three HE tournament games.
                Rogles reminded me recently that Clarkson was coming off an emotional upset of #1 seed LSSU, in SSM (pretty similar to us beating MSU the year before - nobody expected Clarkson to win). He said they were so wiped out after that series and the turnaround was so quick (remember they didn't skip a week back then. In fact, during the title game against NMU, Tom Mees (RIP) mentions Duke's big upset of UNLV in the basketball semifinal.)

Clarkson scored on BU in the first minute of the game before Amonte, McEachern and company stormed back. I still feel that a goal that early in the game can be a curse - the scoring team thinks the game will be easy and the other team is wakes up pretty quick. It happened to us in the Beanpot final that year too - Harvard scored very quickly, and BU went on to win in a big way.

Comment

I take back what I said a few pages back that "BU could have been Yale." Man, are they fun to watch. Their power play is a thing of beauty.
                  Yale really exposed Lowell's lack of offensive power. We've talked extensively on these boards of the boring style that Lowell plays. It was never more evident to me than last nights game. Yale just had so much more speed and offensive ability. They were exciting to watch. And yet somehow, they rarely were caught out of position. That is what I want to see at BU with the new regime.

Comment

2 more goals for Chiasson. Thats 5 goals and one assist in 5 games. It obviously helps that he is playing with Benn and Ray Whitney, but he has certainly taken advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

How many days now until practice

(And can we get some skating cheerleaders . Thanks!)

Comment

Did you go to the FF Mook?

Scarlet pointed out to me that if BU beats Lowell for the HE crown Yale doesn't make the tournament. It just goes to show: Get in and anything can happen. This Yale run reminds me of MSU's Ron in (blanking on year)
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Scarlet pointed out to me that if BU beats Lowell for the HE crown Yale doesn't make the tournament. It just goes to show: Get in and anything can happen. This Yale run reminds me of MSU's Ron in (blanking on year)
                          Yup

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

So we kinda won the NC? At UNH they'd raise a banner for that.
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Sounds like you are soliciting (or perhaps mh82 is) naming ideas for this one....

Let's see:
                              Excellence Returns
                              3 (Amonte) is the Magic Number
                              "I Think We Found Ourselves a Goaltender"
                              One Step Back, Two Steps Forward (3 Games Series)
                              OK, well if we are going to go back and dig into the archives, how about these signature moments in Terrier History?:
                              > BU vs Cornell 2OT tie Dec 1966 , old Boston Arena Holiday Tournament. Ken Dryden's debut in Boston. Parker was a Jr centerman on that team.
                              > 1971 1st Nat'l Champs - coming back after losing the ECAC semis to Harvard and getting the reprieve after beating Cornell 6-5 in consolation game to go to the FF over Clarkson.
                              > 1972 Repeat - winning over Cornell in ECAC and Nat'l FInal at the Garden to reverse the 66/67 season where Cornell did the same to BU.
                              > 1977 ECAC Semis vs #1 Clarkson (and York coaching with Tim Taylor). BU scores 3 goals in last 4 minutes of game to win 7-6. Eruzione, Ricky M and Silk go ballistic on the Golden Knights to steal the game and the ECAC title (over UNH 8-6 next night).

The fun part was being at all those games during the 1st golden period of BU hockey form 1965-1979, 1st with Jack Kelly bringing the team to the back-to-backs in 71-72 and Parker's taking over after the Leon Abbott debacle to win all those ECAC titles and the 78 NC over BC. Yes, that would carry me over to next season when the Quinnie regime begins.

Still cannot get over Yale running the table when it looked that they would not get an at large bid that last Saturday 3/23.
                              Last edited by bantam75; 04-14-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                There's still no freaking way that team beat us in Detroit. No. Way.
                                Yes....and then BC couldn't beat the Badgers. But hey, that was a good thing!
                                Thank goodness for advanced technology.

Comment

Working...
                                X