This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Lane had some highlights n the first half too, at least one big one with the GWG against North Dakota. But I agree he looked better over the last few games. I see him as a career 3rd liner, a regular on the PK.

As far as forwards in general - O'Regan and Rodrigues are the top of the group, and should both shine. Hohmann is a light drop from there, not as much skill but can certainly look great when the wheels are moving. Gill will stay on the top two lines but appears to have peaked already. I too would expect Kurker to step up his game - he needs more speed to go along with his size and grit.

Who are the incoming forwards - Ballaigeron, Privitera, and the Malden Catholic/valley Jr. Warriors dude (his name escapes me at the moment)? Anyone else? Oh, Mike Kelley from St. Sebs - is he coming in 2013 or 2014?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Just to add a bit more light on this comparison, Baillargeon spent the first half of the season with last-place Indiana, one of the USHL's weakest offenses. With Omaha, no offensive juggernaut either, but with better talent at forward, his points per game is 50% better than with the Ice. Nevertheless, Cangelosi has been a more productive USHL player than Baillargeon over his two USHL seasons and clearly fits the BC mold of fast, skilled forwards.
      If cangelosi falls from 29g to 18g, he'll fit right in with the underperforming, non-developing group up igle-way now that Mav has pencilled in for "dressed in the stands" duty
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Not sure the kid is pro material but if the team wants him what the hell.
        Very generous of you, Rover. Tim Burke and the Sharks should send a big thank you and complimentary tickets.

Originally posted by defkit
        Who are the incoming forwards - Ballaigeron, Privitera, and the Malden Catholic/valley Jr. Warriors dude (his name escapes me at the moment)? Anyone else? Oh, Mike Kelley from St. Sebs - is he coming in 2013 or 2014?
        Brendan Collier was 15-33-48 for Jr. Warriors.
        Kevin Duane was 13-15-28 for Jr. Bruins in 25 games after 18 games and 31 points in Waterloo.
        Tommy Kelley was the top-scoring forward for St. Seb but I don't have the numbers yet.

Collier is a very smart player, more of a distributor than a finisher. Might be one of those who will need some time to adjust.

Duane reportedly has great hands and size. A force down low on power plays. The knock on him has always been his skating; a scout said it's improved but still needs more work. Summering at Chez Boyle is likely in his future.

Expect BU to add one or two more forwards since right now, they have just 13 and that's counting on Moscatel to return.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Very generous of you, Rover. Tim Burke and the Sharks should send a big thank you and complimentary tickets.
          Lose the snark, sparky. If you want to incur my wrath be my guest but my opinion is as good as yours so get off your high horse. Personally I hope the kid makes it but its not like he dominated the division. Perhaps the team's style of play held him back...
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Took exception to the dismissive attitude, not the opinion. So your snark tastes like ice cream; other folks' not so much?

Is your "wrath" something to fear? [Trembling]
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Took exception to the dismissive attitude, not the opinion. So your snark tastes like ice cream; other folks' not so much?

Cat fight!
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Ask our resident knuckledraggers on the political threads.

Also recall somebody gave Colby Cohen a job, so its not like these GM's are God.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

"Not sure the kid is pro material but if the team wants him what the hell."

How did this innocuous quote generate the customary from rogie?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Brendan Collier was 15-33-48 for Jr. Warriors.
                    Kevin Duane was 13-15-28 for Jr. Bruins in 25 games after 18 games and 31 points in Waterloo.
                    Tommy Kelley was the top-scoring forward for St. Seb but I don't have the numbers yet.

Collier is a very smart player, more of a distributor than a finisher. Might be one of those who will need some time to adjust.

Duane reportedly has great hands and size. A force down low on power plays. The knock on him has always been his skating; a scout said it's improved but still needs more work. Summering at Chez Boyle is likely in his future.

Expect BU to add one or two more forwards since right now, they have just 13 and that's counting on Moscatel to return.
                    Moscatel can return? Just curious, not sure how the D3 / D1 transfer process in terms of eligibility worked.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                      Moscatel can return? Just curious, not sure how the D3 / D1 transfer process in terms of eligibility worked.
                      There was something about how he was incorrectly listed as having dressed once last year and they were trying to rectify that.

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                        Played 2 years at UNE, spent last year between BU's club team and not dressing with the Varsity Terriers (although there is a supposed "snafu" here), and then played this year. So once the snafu is cleared up he has only used 3 years of eligibility. Because not all his UNE credits transferred he will be back at BU either way.

ETA: What eric posted while I was typing this is the aforementioned "snafu"

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                          Played 2 years at UNE, spent last year between BU's club team and not dressing with the Varsity Terriers (although there is a supposed "snafu" here), and then played this year. So once the snafu is cleared up he has only used 3 years of eligibility. Because not all his UNE credits transferred he will be back at BU either way.

ETA: What eric posted while I was typing this is the aforementioned "snafu"
                          IIRC, Parker said they wanted him back and he was a good contribuitor / locker room guy and stuff like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            If cangelosi falls from 29g to 18g, he'll fit right in with the underperforming, non-developing group up igle-way now that Mav has pencilled in for "dressed in the stands" duty
                            Cangelosi's PPG actually increased this year, despite playing through some nagging injuries, but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              There was something about how he was incorrectly listed as having dressed once last year and they were trying to rectify that.
                              I believe there was one game he did indeed "dress" for in 11-12, but he only was out for warmups, I don't believe he ever was on the bench during the game, and certainly was not on the ice, he was only on the active roster for that night as an emergency addition in case of injury. The NCAA considered this a game played and thus it would be a year of eligibility used. They'll appeal it and probably win, he's a guy I'd like to see on the roster if for no other reason than he's a hustler who's not afraid to get out there and throw his body around, would be a solid addition to the 4th line.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                                Cangelosi's PPG actually increased this year, despite playing through some nagging injuries, but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument...
                                that's too bad... guys show a tendency to get hurt young - they usually always get hurt year after year after year after year after year...
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X