X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    They'd be better off with him than without him, but there may be a benefit to cleaning the slate and starting from scratch, pretty much. It's not like these guys have an armload of accomplishments.
    I'm not sure there is a benefit to him leaving... but as Pirate alluded to it is not unexpected at the end of his junior year. I think Quinn said at his press conference that he was scheduled to talk to both Nieto and Noonan. I'd guess the coaching change had no impact either way on the decision.

Wish he had stayed but also wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
      I hope he met with Quinn before he did so, giving him the courtesy and respect.
      I believe he talked to Quinn following the introductory press conference last Tuesday and the Boston Hockey Blog article indicated he alerted both Parker and Quinn about his intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
        No not really, just enjoying the way things have played out at your expense. You just don't get it
        Oh I get this part of it. This part makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
          I believe he talked to Quinn following the introductory press conference last Tuesday and the Boston Hockey Blog article indicated he alerted both Parker and Quinn about his intentions.
          Ahh, maybe it will rub off on other Terriers...nothing wrong with leaving, just do it on good terms and before or after the season. Never know when a good word from an old coach or teammate might come in handy.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

The collective bargaining agreement almost forces most drafted pro prospects to leave after their junior season
            Anders Lee just left Notre Dame
            the last two years about 30 players have left the NCAA early
            No reason to think the number is going down
            Helping schools with less elite prospects have success

Comment

Jim Diamond ‏@diamondhockey 29 Mar

Hearing that Preds prospect defenseman Garrett Noonan will return to BU for his senior season.

Take it for what it's worth.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                The collective bargaining agreement almost forces most drafted pro prospects to leave after their junior season
                Anders Lee just left Notre Dame
                the last two years about 30 players have left the NCAA early
                No reason to think the number is going down
                Helping schools with less elite prospects have success
                Right. Highly drafted players will almost certainly never play four years. There are exceptions, but if you get three years out of a highly drafted kid...be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  Jim Diamond ‏@diamondhockey 29 Mar

Hearing that Preds prospect defenseman Garrett Noonan will return to BU for his senior season.

Take it for what it's worth.
                  WTBU also reporting that Noonan says he plans to return.

Again, take it for what it's worth....

Comment

Not hockey related... but I would hope this is an April Fools thing.... although it seems legit..... :

http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-w...040113aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Not hockey related... but I would hope this is an April Fools thing.... although it seems legit..... :

Sad story, I lived for a couple years at BU with the captains of the wrestling team at the time, both really good guys and the team themselves were really cool when they came over. A grueling sport, I'll say that. Their training and weight maintenance regimens were enormous.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

That's really too bad. I was good friends with a few wrestlers during my time at BU, and they often spoke of how lucky they were to have Carl Adams as their coach. I don't know much about wrestling, but they said that after Dan Gable, Carl was on a very short list of the all time greats. Interesting that it also comes on the heels of the IOC saying that they are dropping wrestling from the Olympics (though I did hear that there may be some reconsideration going on).

That's two of BU's longtime coaches having their tenure come to an end. Neil Roberts, Sally Starr....carry the torch.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Sad story, I lived for a couple years at BU with the captains of the wrestling team at the time, both really good guys and the team themselves were really cool when they came over. A grueling sport, I'll say that. Their training and weight maintenance regimens were enormous.
                          What years? Just curious if we knew the same guys.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            What years? Just curious if we knew the same guys.
                            Very recent, they captained the team in 2008 and 2009.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              It is a great sport, nobody out there but you and one other guy and he wants to twist you into a pretzel...really helps teach the values of hard work and overcoming adversity.

I was proud BU kept its program as long as it did. I refuse to believe the "massive" needs story...I recently heard a story of a school eliminating a sport that cost less to fund all year than it did to put the football team up in a local hotel before HOME games. Title IX comes to mind as does the cost of building the new lacrosse facilities...cowards.

With the budget BU has they could fund a wrestling team with a rounding error in the budget.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                It is a great sport, nobody out there but you and one other guy and he wants to twist you into a pretzel...really helps teach the values of hard work and overcoming adversity.

I was proud BU kept its program as long as it did. I refuse to believe the "massive" needs story...I recently heard a story of a school eliminating a sport that cost less to fund all year than it did to put the football team up in a local hotel before HOME games. Title IX comes to mind as does the cost of building the new lacrosse facilities...cowards.

With the budget BU has they could fund a wrestling team with a rounding error in the budget.
                                FWIW, they did travel fairly frequently for lengthy meets, there were very few home meets for the team, and being in the CAA, they were often quite far away, I think the closest meet I remember they went to was in Pennsylvania. Often they were going to Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland, and other not so close places. Travel might have played a factor here.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X