X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I can think of a couple recent examples...

Fine, wise guy...

I don't know if this is true or not, but what does it tell you?
    Well, it's Easter so I don't want to start a "religious" thing, but I don't suppose it has anything to do with the large Catholic population here, do you think? I guess you could say because they're the only Division I football program (I don't count UConn or UMass) in New England, it carries over to the other sports, but we all know it's more than that.

Comment

Who gives a crap about what their top rated show might be? What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? UND has the best facility in the country, a better fan base than any eastern school and access to top minnesota and canadian talent.

Comment

Anyway, as KG says, "I'm out." The weather is actually above 39 degrees for once so I'm going outside to enjoy it (and dream about what it will be like when the last snowflake finally melts on the golf course)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Well, it's Easter so I don't want to start a "religious" thing, but I don't suppose it has anything to do with the large Catholic population here, do you think? I guess you could say because they're the only Division I football program (I don't count UConn or UMass) in New England, it carries over to the other sports, but we all know it's more than that.
          Honestly, I've encountered many more people like Michael Felger than people who like BC for religious reasons (if you're being serious). I do think that being in the ACC (especially with all this realignment going on) helps BC in name recognition/getting the program out there, etc. I don't know how to quantify it, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Who gives a crap about what their top rated show might be? What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? UND has the best facility in the country, a better fan base than any eastern school and access to top minnesota and canadian talent.
            It has a ton to do with it.. it first off is not as good as BU and if given the choice between the two coaches would want to live in Boston and not there.
            BU has great easy travel, NDs travel sucks

Comment

BU facilities are every bit as good

Comment

So if BU offered Dave Hakstol the job, he would have taken it? No chance.

Minnesota's travel in the Big Ten is going to suck, yet you still listed that as a better job.

Comment

Agganis is very nice, but it's not The Ralph. I think Parker himself even said as much. Sometimes I think you just like arguing for the sake of arguing. The Ralph is widely regarded as the crown jewel of college hockey.

Comment

Agganis is very nice, but it's not The Ralph. I think Parker himself even said as much. Sometimes I think you just like arguing for the sake of arguing. The Ralph is widely regarded as the crown jewel of college hockey.
                    Ditto.

Didn't say MN was better. Said it was part of top 4. Agganis is fantastic and more then good enough. BU is a better more highly desired job Top 3 or 4.

Comment

Minnesota's travel in the Big Ten is going to suck, yet you still listed that as a better job.
                      BU wouldn't want Hakstol. Quinns resume and knowledge of program makes him ten times more desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        Agganis is fantastic and more then good enough.
                        I didn't say otherwise.

BU is a better more highly desired job Top 3 or 4.
                        BU wouldn't want Hakstol. Quinns resume and knowledge of program makes him ten times more desirable.
                        I didn't say they would want Hakstol. Do you not understand a hypothetical? IF they offered him the job, he wouldn't take it. That is the point. Why? Because each school has their own pool of great candidates that they look at. Your quote was "if given the choice between the two coaches would want to live in Boston and not there." That is not true for all coaches. That is the point. But at least you've gone from saying top 2-3 job to top 3-4 job. Progress.

Comment

Hakstol is a buffoon.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

OG, i never said jerry needs more for his program. go again through my list.

too many times you miss the forest for the trees.

-ralph is better for fan experience than haa. hoky is looking at players perspective. that is very comparable or nearly equal. i obviously don't know what the underground looks like up conte either, but i'll bet anything jerry has it on par with other programs (locker, training, game film-study, etc) even if the seating is sloped too much for us fans.

-msp can find a direct flight anywhere the goofs need to travel. grand forks, not so much.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

As one who was in North Dakota for the BU series this year- There is no facility in North america including all the pro's that compares
                              On the other hand it is in Grand Forks
                              Part of the appeal of a job is the location and quality of life
                              That varies depending on the candidate

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Hakstol is a buffoon.
                                Ha, that's not the point though. Just an example. Coach X isn't leaving UND for BU if they are a "UND guy".

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                OG, i never said jerry needs more for his program. go again through my list.
                                I don't have to, I already responded.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                too many times you miss the forest for the trees.

-ralph is better for fan experience than haa. hoky is looking at players perspective. that is very comparable or nearly equal.
                                very comparable/nearly equal does not mean equal. but thanks for setting me straight, mook.

Comment

Working...
                                X