This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Did anyone happen to hear the end of the BU-Lowell game on the radio? I'm curious what Bernie said, in regards to Coach Parker. Talk about memorable moments? Recall funny interviews? Shed a tear?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      So did last years' scandal play a part in BU having to settle for Quinn or was the BU job just not that attractive to the big name, high end guys?
      Jack Arena wanted too much $$$$.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
        Did anyone happen to hear the end of the BU-Lowell game on the radio? I'm curious what Bernie said, in regards to Coach Parker. Talk about memorable moments? Recall funny interviews? Shed a tear?
        Sort of off topic, but another pet peeve of mine is when you stream the radio broadcasts (I have to stream it because I can't pick up the station more than 64 yards from Boston) they are always delayed. So if I want to turn the TV sound down and listen on the radio, I can't. So that's a long way of saying, "No" I didn't hear him and I wish I had. I never thought to turn the game on post-game to hear Bernie and Tom's comments (I was probably too despondent).

But when I DO listen to them (BU all access feeds their audio over the Agganis video), it's exciting to know that 'Lil Wayne tells us "That's how we do what we do."

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          hoky, have you been reading what carlton is trying to learn us?!?! 2nd tier at best
          Nope
          He is the guy they wanted and the guy they got. Not even up for debate

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Quinn will be a huge success there. Make no mistake about it as he was their first and only choice.
            Probably 1st (only?) time I've agreed with the Hokydad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Nice though I'm not sure Hohmann would be the #1 Hobey candidate on the team. Danbey O'Baker? Ah.. no. Creating nicknames is not my forte!
              No silly, that is #DannyHockey not to be confused with #SeanyGoalie

Comment

• Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                Too bad there is no way Union could study the way BU took you guys apart in the last half of the game.
                Why stop there? How about studying up on BU's 2010 to 2013 Hockey Strategy video, you know, the one entitled, "How to win absolutely nothing while your archival wins 2 National Titles, 3 HE Titles and 4 Beanpots".

Comment

Nate Leaman was their 1st interview and choice. From what i have heard he turned them down.
                  Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Quinn will be a huge success there. Make no mistake about it as he was their first and only choice.

Comment

Carlton was right!!!

Comment

Quinn was not their first choice, no matter how much anyone wants to believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                        Quinn was not their first choice, no matter how much anyone wants to believe so.
                        what was it?

1) hynes
                        2) leaman

?

or leaman, hynes?

or cav, leaman, hynes?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not sure who interviewed, but heard Hynes was their first choice out of the gate. Quinn isn't chopped liver, but I think they could have done better. Time will tell...

Comment

We should ask that kid with the BC hockey blog. I bet he knows!

Comment

Ask Charlie Coyle. He would never lie.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by carmine scarpaglia View Post
                                ask charlie coyle. He would never lie.
                                allegedly!

Comment

Working...
                                X