This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Ben Rosen getting a shot with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, an Islanders affiliate:

http://blog.connpost.com/fornabaio/a...forward/10965/

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      From reading the BC thread it sounds like they have Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr coming in next year. Is it too late to drop down to Division III?
      no, it's not too late............ but after very little from the last two recruiting classes ,JG , (thanks lil Ulffie), Smith and Matheson, it would be a nice change to have a loaded class because we could sure use one

AND Mookie was too splashed. He had to have been because he's always in there

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Quinn (who has a diverse resume) was the second choice behind Leaman for PC with similar concerns and a more imminent opening at BU. Cavanaugh couldn't get beyond a phone interview for UMass who got turned down by their 5th choice and were running out of people to interview. I think the career assistant at a top flight program is not a prime candidate for smaller school HC jobs in modern college hockey.
        Quick footnote.......This statement about Cavanaugh is completely false, not one assertion is fact. Just FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          Quick footnote.......This statement about Cavanaugh is completely false, not one assertion is fact. Just FYI.
          From what i understand, he withdrew his name from consideration for the UMass job because of how much of a ****show the process was.
          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
            Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
            From what i understand, he withdrew his name from consideration for the UMass job because of how much of a ****show the process was.
            It was (is) my understanding he withdrew his name after they hadn't talked to him in over a week since the first conversation, and during that span of time multiple candidates had been offered the position and turned it down.

It is definitely possible you are closer to the situation or that the truth lies in between both of our understandings.

Comment

Originally posted by fleabags View Post
              Wait a minute.. York was at Clarkson and BG (and won a national championship) many years before Ceglarski hung them up. He had already "proven himself". Flynn was just stupid in that case..
              No, this was before he went to Clarkson as HC and BG as HC. Obviously if this happen after his stints at these 2 schools, Flynn would have hired him since he did have proven coaching experience under his belt.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Regarding whether or not Bavis will stay on:

At the press conference, Quinn said he hadn't talked to him Monday or Tuesday because Bavis was on the road recruiting. If there was any uncertainty as to whether Bavis would have a job, he'd have been brought in from the road immediately. Since that didn't happen, Bavis will have a job for at least this upcoming year. Whether or not he decides in a month or two to look for something else since he got passed over, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  Regarding whether or not Bavis will stay on:

At the press conference, Quinn said he hadn't talked to him Monday or Tuesday because Bavis was on the road recruiting. If there was any uncertainty as to whether Bavis would have a job, he'd have been brought in from the road immediately. Since that didn't happen, Bavis will have a job for at least this upcoming year. Whether or not he decides in a month or two to look for something else since he got passed over, who knows.
                  That is my guess on it (only a guess). Plus Quinn said he looked forward to working with him again... and if that "again" is not next year, when is it? Are they going to tell Bavis not to come back, only to have Quinn re-hire him 3 years down the road or something?

I would think ultimatley the choice is Quinn's... so who knows, he could go "status quo" for a year and then re-evaluate after that...

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    No, this was before he went to Clarkson as HC and BG as HC. Obviously if this happen after his stints at these 2 schools, Flynn would have hired him since he did have proven coaching experience under his belt.
                    My point is that York HAD the resume and Flynn STILL hired Cedorchuk.

You do realize that York won at bg 1984, right? Ceglarski had no intention of retiring yet. So are you suggesting they should have hired York over Ceglarski in 1972?
                    Last edited by fleabags; 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM.
                    Proud WBA - Section 9 Alumnus

Where's your girlfriend, number 3??

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Are you tellin us Jerry applied for the job when snooks retired?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Are you tellin us Jerry applied for the job when snooks retired?
                        I think Eagle has his dates seriously mixed up...

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          That is my guess on it (only a guess). Plus Quinn said he looked forward to working with him again... and if that "again" is not next year, when is it? Are they going to tell Bavis not to come back, only to have Quinn re-hire him 3 years down the road or something?

I would think ultimatley the choice is Quinn's... so who knows, he could go "status quo" for a year and then re-evaluate after that...
                          That's how I see this playing out. Parker and Powers (combined age = 190) both retire, Bavis stays put for one year. Quinn brings in his own guy for the other assistant job. Bring back Kenny Roche baby! Anyway, I can't see Quinn wanting to inherit half of his staff and keep the guy on beyond next year but who knows - maybe it ends up working out.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Quinn will be retaining both Powers and Bavis.
                            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                              Quinn will be retaining both Powers and Bavis.
                              That's a mistake, IMO..

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

Originally posted by fleabags View Post
                                That's a mistake, IMO..
                                Why?

Comment

Working...
                                X