X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Can't remember his exact wording but someone asked him about them and he said something about how great he thought both of them were and that it was a unique situation and unlike many new coaching positions because he was coming into a situation where nothing was broken and that Bavis couldn't be there today because he was off on a recruiting trip.
    Nothing was broken? One trip to FF in 15 years? Why did a committee investigate the program?
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      He is the 11th coach at BU.
      Yeah... I wasn't sure if he also wore 11.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Nothing was broken? One trip to FF in 15 years? Why did a committee investigate the program?
        You can watch the press conference yourself if you want. I'm just sumarizing what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          True that, but Albie never saw a stupid penalty he didn't want to take. Just sayin'.
          This is what I was getting at. And not that I was on the ice or 'in the room' but he also seemed like he was being a ***** about it too.
          Go BU!

Comment

Great hire, program just upgraded ten-fold instantly and will be more attractive for recruits. Hold on BU fans you are about to see how a college hockey program should be coached/run and for most you havent had that chance yet, atleast I had Kelly's last two years. I will give him a honeymoon until January.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Great job by Quinn, but bad news for Mookie. "I'm in it for the long haul." "It's my dream job." So, Mook, you're going to have to become GM of the Pens and lure him away in 2025.
              Guess mookie will settle for hynes
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                Great hire, program just upgraded ten-fold instantly and will be more attractive for recruits. Hold on BU fans you are about to see how a college hockey program should be coached/run and for most you havent had that chance yet, atleast I had Kelly's last two years. I will give him a honeymoon until January.
                So you are predicting 10 National Championships in the next 15 years.... and you will be calling for his head in February?

Comment

So you are predicting 10 National Championships in the next 15 years.... and you will be calling for his head in February?
                  No but I'll expect 6 or 7 FF in the next 15, beats the hell out of one... and mostly I will settle for not getting our brains beaten on the national scene by BC almost every year. With this hire, BU essentially just made their first significant move towards BC since York was hired (95/96?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                    No but I'll expect 6 or 7 FF in the next 15, beats the hell out of one... and mostly I will settle for not getting our brains beaten on the national scene by BC almost every year. With this hire, BU essentially just made their first significant move towards BC since York was hired (95/96?).
                    Amen. I was thinking this on Friday. The last 3 times BC hasn't won the HE title, it was BU who took them out. The lesson? If you want something done right, you do it yourself. With a rise back to prominence BU can start climbing back to the top of the conference be it in the HE playoffs or on the national scene. I think Quinn can get us there, and will give him at least until the first game of the year next year to do so.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Good job by Quinn... since it is now official can we now add on the ever popular hockey nickname "-ie" to make it quinnie?

I was interested to hear his comments about Bavis and Powers... will be interesting to see who stays / who goes etc. Did others get the impression that for now, at least Bavis will be staying? (Didn't we read about Buddy buying a house somewhere near Bowling Green?)

Did he wear 11 in college?

Not that it matters at this point, but as I watch and listen, i really don't think JP was pushed out of here.... seems like there is just too much love going around for that to have been the case.

Seems like a great transition and as Quinn said I'm sure none of us can wait for next fall!
                      He did, in fact wear #7, and as a frequent Dugout companion of his back in the day, the "Quinny" thing has long since been taken care of. Absolutely the right choice, imo..
                      Proud WBA - Section 9 Alumnus

Where's your girlfriend, number 3??

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

Good job by Quinn... since it is now official can we now add on the ever popular hockey nickname "-ie" to make it quinnie?
                        No nicknames are fanboyish unless you work in the name of the most prestigious individual trophy one can win in his current role. The only question is whether to choose Quinncer Penrose or Spencer Quinnrose.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          What was he going to say? For plenty of reasons he should give the impression nothing was broken. Not the same as saying nothing needs to be improved.

They need a new voice and a new whistle, they get that even if Quinn makes no other changes..so no need to bring up anything else that could/will be changed or improved.

It also would be disrespectful to Parker to imply you were going to come in and make changes to the way a HOF coach did things...not the time or place to do that.

If Quinn is confident he is ready for the job then he'll make subtle changes to how the team prepares, the attention they pay to penalties, not taking lesser ranked teams lightly, communication between HC and players etc. But he won't announce any of those as "Changes to the way Jack Parker used to do things"...they will just become the way David Quinn does things. And, god willing, it will produce better results
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Amen. I was thinking this on Friday. The last 3 times BC hasn't won the HE title, it was BU who took them out. The lesson? If you want something done right, you do it yourself. With a rise back to prominence BU can start climbing back to the top of the conference be it in the HE playoffs or on the national scene. I think Quinn can get us there, and will give him at least until the first game of the year next year to do so.
                            Haven't been on here awhile - were this year's seniors the last of Quinn's recruits before he left in 09? And if so, do you give him 3 yrs, essentially, time for his own class to mature, before evaluating him as a head coach? Obviously, the new job begins the first day of practice, but it sounds like people are hoping for immediate effect. Not sure that happens when a crop of kids isn't his own.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              What was he going to say? For plenty of reasons he should give the impression nothing was broken. Not the same as saying nothing needs to be improved.

They need a new voice and a new whistle, they get that even if Quinn makes no other changes..so no need to bring up anything else that could/will be changed or improved.

It also would be disrespectful to Parker to imply you were going to come in and make changes to the way a HOF coach did things...not the time or place to do that.

If Quinn is confident he is ready for the job then he'll make subtle changes to how the team prepares, the attention they pay to penalties, not taking lesser ranked teams lightly, communication between HC and players etc. But he won't announce any of those as "Changes to the way Jack Parker used to do things"...they will just become the way David Quinn does things. And, god willing, it will produce better results
                              Agreed. There were "issues", but to say it's "broken" is just absurd. There are plenty of programs that would die to be as "broken" as BU..
                              Proud WBA - Section 9 Alumnus

Where's your girlfriend, number 3??

Cookie hyphen puss..

Comment

Originally posted by terrierhockey View Post
                                Haven't been on here awhile - were this year's seniors the last of Quinn's recruits before he left in 09?
                                From the Freep twitter:

Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog
                                Quinn recruited Megan. RT @wmmegan Congrats to Coach Quinn, Terrier fans should be very excited about the future of this program #BUhockey
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X