X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    Or Gretzky
    He sucked. Mario >>>>>>>>> Wayne
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      He sucked. Mario >>>>>>>>> Wayne
      Ditka>>>>>Orr>>>>>>Wayne>>>>>Mario
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Ditka>>>>>Orr>>>>>>Wayne>>>>>Mario
        Coming from the man who thought this past weeks tickets were $50!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Links for Quinn:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/3...ch-jack-parker

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....rado-avalanche

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...next-bu-coach/
          Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Coming from the man who thought this past weeks tickets were $50!!
            Worth every penny. $8.33 a goal.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Is there a live stream for this?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Is there a live stream for this?
                yes apparently

http://www.goterriers.com/allaccess/?media=382236
                #OneKnight

Comment

Great poise..& (just my opinion).. your hockey program just got a bit better. Welcome home, Quinny!
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Great job by Quinn, but bad news for Mookie. "I'm in it for the long haul." "It's my dream job." So, Mook, you're going to have to become GM of the Pens and lure him away in 2025.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      How much a player scores has little to do with future coaching abilities. Very few coaches were stars when they were players.
                      In fact, the case can be made that the best players make the WORST coaches, precisely because they can't "relate" to a player who may not have as much talent as they did. If it comes natural to you, then you don't really have to learn how to take instruction and/or put in as much work as the person who had to scrap his way up. Two of the best examples are Ted Williams and Frank Robinson - both Hall of Famers who were not, shall we say, very good managers. Was Terry Francona a great player? I don't think so. Now I know people are going to start coming up with "great" players who were winning coaches or managers, but the point is, the discussion was about whether being a great player is a PREREQUISITE to becoming a good coach, and the evidence says the answer is a resounding "NO."

Comment

Good job by Quinn... since it is now official can we now add on the ever popular hockey nickname "-ie" to make it quinnie?

I was interested to hear his comments about Bavis and Powers... will be interesting to see who stays / who goes etc. Did others get the impression that for now, at least Bavis will be staying? (Didn't we read about Buddy buying a house somewhere near Bowling Green?)

Did he wear 11 in college?

Not that it matters at this point, but as I watch and listen, i really don't think JP was pushed out of here.... seems like there is just too much love going around for that to have been the case.

Seems like a great transition and as Quinn said I'm sure none of us can wait for next fall!

Comment

Good job by Quinn... since it is now official can we now add on the ever popular hockey nickname "-ie" to make it quinnie?

I was interested to hear his comments about Bavis and Powers... will be interesting to see who stays / who goes etc. Did others get the impression that for now, at least Bavis will be staying? (Didn't we read about Buddy buying a house somewhere near Bowling Green?)

Not that it matters at this point, but as I watch and listen, i really don't think JP was pushed out of here.... seems like there is just too much love going around for that to have been the case.

Seems like a great transition and as Quinn said I'm sure none of us can wait for next fall!
                          As I recall, he wore #7.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

What did he say about Bavis and Powers?
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              What did he say about Bavis and Powers?
                              Can't remember his exact wording but someone asked him about them and he said something about how great he thought both of them were and that it was a unique situation and unlike many new coaching positions because he was coming into a situation where nothing was broken and that Bavis couldn't be there today because he was off on a recruiting trip.

Comment

He is the 11th coach at BU.

Comment

Working...
                                X