• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
    Has anyone ever looked at this?

http://playoffstatus.com/ncaahockey/...npartprob.html

This site had a few interesting links during the stretch run outlining the probabilities of home ice, etc.

4 more wins to Parker 900...That means we just need to get to Pittsburgh. No problem, right?

It's been a perfect time for our first 3 game win streak of the season that became a 4-game win streak last weekend.
    Why not just rattle off 4 to 6 more wins?

Go Terriers!
    I believe someone on the Bracketology/Numbers thread contacted the owner of that site, or otherwise found out (prior to this past weekend) that the percentages they use were not based on PWR possibilities, and thus the numbers were completely meaningless. They were wondering last week how anyone could compute the possibilities since the number of permutations was way into the millions, hence their skepticism. I don't know if that's still the case with these new set of numbers.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Nice story in Today's Boston Globe on Dan O'Regan
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Maine @ BU for Frozen Fenway

HAHA

until ND @ BC is announced in 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Maine @ BU for Frozen Fenway

HAHA

Yeah I heard that was coming... where did you see the announcement?

Oh well, once every 4 years seems about right. Hard to believe that the BU/BC Fenway game was that long ago. Time goes fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Yeah I heard that was coming... where did you see the announcement?

Oh well, once every 4 years seems about right. Hard to believe that the BU/BC Fenway game was that long ago. Time goes fast.
            FreeP twitter, had a conversation with Jack. January 10th or 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              Almost exactly 10 minutes! @bchockeyblog1: BREAKING- Boston College will play Notre Dame next year @ Fenway per sources
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Almost exactly 10 minutes! @bchockeyblog1: BREAKING- Boston College will play Notre Dame next year @ Fenway per sources
                I wonder if it is a single ticket doubleheader or separate events.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  I wonder if it is a single ticket doubleheader or separate events.
                  Based on the number of teams also rumored to be in I bet there are 2 different doubleheaders with these two games on different days headlining their respective doubleheader.

Comment

Chiasson gets the call from Dallas.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      Based on the number of teams also rumored to be in I bet there are 2 different doubleheaders with these two games on different days headlining their respective doubleheader.
                      That would be my guess...

And who knows... maybe more than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Chiasson gets the call from Dallas.
                        Great to see for him, I saw he's had a real good year in the A this season.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

League game?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            League game?
                            That is what I am curious to see. My guess is OOC but we will find out!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              That is what I am curious to see. My guess is OOC but we will find out!
                              wonder what then with nd-bc? with all the hoops to the schedule to cut down on their travel that wouldn't be a one-off ooc game i'd guess? i would suppose they play once there and the next night at conte.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Jack held his last practice of his career today
                                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Working...
                                X