X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    no video yet of jackpa on ice after game?
    Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-UsbkOAOA
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Does anyone know how bu season ticket sales are? I'm assuming they've dropped in recent years, but just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        On another note... Looking at the players reaction of Parker's announcement, can we agree that the "issue" is not that the players somehow didn't relate to, didn't like, or that somehow Jack had "lost them"?
        No. At least I don't think we can. We certainly saw a lot of great comments, but what exactly do we expect the players are going to say. I'm not saying that they all couldn't wait for him to leave. I'm just saying that their reaction doesn't change my belief that relating to them was an issue.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          The reason why PC hockey tickets are so cheap is because no one wants them.

One longstanding PC season ticket holder switched his two season tickets for the four family season tickets, ended up paying less and getting two more seats. His only issue is trying to find people to give those two extra tickets away to.
          Interesting, they're renovating the rink and I assume PC will be looking to be in the the top-4 in HE with the new coach and recruiting good talent to go to PC. I suspect tickets will be in demand by then.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            I'd replace him with Gene Krupa. (I figured since 90% of the people reading this don't know what we're talking about anyway, what the heck?)
            Assume you've seen the movie Ball of Fire where he does Drum (Match) Boogie.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

funny to consider... but connolly of uscho on nesn just said that if bu wins friday, and union wins a couple games in the ezac tourney, bu could get in as an at-large and not need to win hea.

not too sure of that.... but he probably worked it out
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                Assume you've seen the movie Ball of Fire where he does Drum (Match) Boogie.
                Absolutely...Barbara Stanwyck... (although I don't think she actually sang it)

I've also played it (I play in local community bands)...

Comment

If you want to know why BU is out of the NCAA's as of now look at the fact that 25% of their wins were against Merrimack.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Absolutely...Barbara Stanwyck... (although I don't think she actually sang it)

I've also played it (I play in local community bands)...
                    And Gary Cooper and every great older character actor that studio had under contract. One of my absolute favorite movies.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      If you want to know why BU is out of the NCAA's as of now look at the fact that 25% of their wins were against Merrimack.
                      good! because of this if union wins ezac bu can get in without winning hockey east

Comment

What a great season Matt Nieto is having. Next year's Hobey conversation for sure.
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                          What a great season Matt Nieto is having. Next year's Hobey conversation for sure.
                          you wish! (as does mookie)

Comment

Has mookie always referred to himself in the 3rd person ?
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                              Has mookie always referred to himself in the 3rd person ?
                              could say that..

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                funny to consider... but connolly of uscho on nesn just said that if bu wins friday, and union wins a couple games in the ezac tourney, bu could get in as an at-large and not need to win hea.

not too sure of that.... but he probably worked it out
                                He did not. MC is not going to be a TUC, BU still has many likely ways to get in with a W then L. Simplest one is if all favorites win but BU upsets BC the Terriers will be tied for the last spot but win the tiebreaker and be in.

Comment

Working...
                                X