This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Well, I assume if you're saying that you have information that the general public doesn't, so I'll defer to you. I hope it turns out for the best.

Comment

It's usually at least a week before you can resume any type of activity beyond resting and considering this is the same eye as the last surgery, I would assume it's a fairly significant setback. With the earlier surgery he missed two full weekends, so would be pretty surprised if he was behind the bench 4 days after this next one. Then again, I'm no doctor, so who knows....

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        so...... who videoed the post game for mookie?
        my gf got it ill try an post
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

For the first time in 6 years I won't be spending Sunday at Agganis Arena watching a game 3 in the quarter finals. The team has really rebounded of late but I fear they just have too many bad losses to make the tourney, 2 against NU and Harvard each, come to mind.

I LOVE THE BAND!
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
            For the first time in 6 years I won't be spending Sunday at Agganis Arena watching a game 3 in the quarter finals. The team has really rebounded of late but I fear they just have too many bad losses to make the tourney, 2 against NU and Harvard each, come to mind.
            Agreed, which is what I have been trying to say to all the "number crunchers" for about a month now. But the good news is they still control their own destiny. Whereas Thursday they needed to win 4 in a row (well, not "in a row" but for you PWR people, they would have had NO chance if this series had gone to a third game), now it's down to 2!

Comment

I LOVE THE BAND!
              Well... as of right now we are on the outside looking in... all we can do is go out and try to win on Friday.

I got my tickets for Friday... hoping it is a great game, and that we have some sort of storybook ending for BU.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                my gf got it ill try an post
                cool
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Parker's final post-game press conference at Agganis was a gem: quips, memories, Oscar Wilde.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Cam Askew's father's twitter handle is hkydad19.

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      So much for Jerry getting a chance to knock jack into retirement.... Too bad for coach.
                      Well, at least he got Shawn Walsh.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I LOVE THE BAND!
                        The band is great. Even when only half the band is there.
                        Only one criticism - I went to the women's NCAA game before the Merrimack sweeper. The band follows the same script. Same songs at the same times, for both games. Just mix it up a bit, and add a new song every so often. Sounds great, and band members are obviously into the games. A little variety would help a little bit, that's all.

Nice to see Parker back to his feisty old self, particularly in Game 1. Haven't really seen that level of consistent intensity from Jack since his heart procedure. Good for him.

For those that suggested that Dennehy replace Parker, why would you replace Buddy Rich with the drum?

Comment

Attendance for HEQFs is always pretty poor albeit a bit more so this year. The problems are the ticket prices and the number of potential games. It would cost a person $75+ to attend all 3 games. You then have groups such as couples and families who must potentially put out $75 per person to see their team play. Economically the HEQFs are very expensive. BU had the problem of being on spring break and not reopening the dorms until Sunday. Considering 75% of BU undergrads (about 12,000 students) live in the dorms, and that most dorms shut down, you cannot expect a high student turnout.

The garden is higher stakes and if your team loses you don't have to pay again to see your team's postseason through to the end. It is one and done. At least to me the adrenaline rush of having to win or die trying makes the environment much more exciting. The competition is more fierce as well due to the effort and skill level of the four teams to reach the Garden.

Comment

One thing we can all agree on: Tickets at HAA are way too expensive. All you need to do is look at prices for season or single game tickets at the other three Beanpot schools to realize that. They're much cheaper at UML as well. I don't get it. I keep all my stubs from my favorite games and I have a ticket stub from 2004 that says $14 on it. What did I pay last night? $26 + $2 facility fee = $28. $900 for two season tickets? It's just too much. I used to have friends want to go all the time..Not so much anymore, especially with the Ticketmaster BS. You're paying $36/ticket then.

Wouldn't they rather fill the place up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

Wouldn't they rather fill the place up?
                              $26 x 4,000 = $104,000

$16 x 6,000 = $96,000

Now obviously that does not include concessions etc, but I'm sure they are doing math to try to figure out how to maximize the profit.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                $26 x 4,000 = $104,000

$16 x 6,000 = $96,000

Now obviously that does not include concessions etc, but I'm sure they are doing math to try to figure out how to maximize the profit.
                                Please don't cloud the issue with facts...

It's almost the some and those extra 2000 folks might, as you suggest, want to have a $7 pint of beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X