This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

bonanza, i thought you were the one telling people to get their tickets quick for this because of jack retiring. if it wasn't you, i apologize. not a shot at you or anything. looks like UML got a pretty good crowd tonight, but wish these games drew better overall. doesn't have the feel of playoff hockey.

Comment

chickod, i know. i said as much when this first came up. i knew bc wouldn't have a huge crowd either. was hoping for 4,000.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        bonanza, i thought you were the one telling people to get their tickets quick for this because of jack retiring. if it wasn't you, i apologize. not a shot at you or anything. looks like UML got a pretty good crowd tonight, but wish these games drew better overall. doesn't have the feel of playoff hockey.
        I mean I posted that, though it was kind of tongue in cheek since I knew attendance would be the same anyways. Chalk it up to sarcasm not showing through over the internet. You're right it's a terrible playoff atmosphere. Lowell only had barely 3K last night themselves, seemed better tonight apparently. Looks like BC drew poorly as well, and PC barely has 2,500 seats to sell in the first place.

Edit: here's a picture of the 2nd period shot chart: https://***********/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...631938/photo/1 not too shabby.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          I mean I posted that, though it was kind of tongue in cheek since I knew attendance would be the same anyways
          And am I bringing up the obvious when I say that the economy is not good and ticket prices keep going up? At some point people just say, "Forget it." Also, I don't think there have been compelling matchups this year. BC/Vermont? C'mon...Vermont has a 1 in 100 chance and frankly (all the jousting on this thread aside) Merrimack's wasn't much better. Maine had no shot at Lowell. The only series that seems somewhat up in the air is UNH/Providence but UNH is not playing well. I think there will be a good crowd next Friday (although it was interesting that I received an email from the Garden [and got a good discount on tickets] a couple of weeks ago so apparently their sales are lagging as well). The $$ add up after awhile so you have to pick your spots.

Comment

chickod, i know. i said as much when this first came up. i knew bc wouldn't have a huge crowd either. was hoping for 4,000.
            In all seriousness, I think next Friday's BU/BC game could be epic, given the circumstances, not to mention that the NCAAs are at stake for BU. Now THAT would surprise me if those crowds weren't large, given you have 2 teams from Boston, another 25 miles away and the 4th less than an hour away.

Comment

How much are your QF tix? Still around $25? If so, that is definitely absurd. Tix were $10 for BC, but game was on TV so I'm sure that didn't help.

Even when there are good matchups in a better economy, for whatever reason, these games just never draw well.

As for picking spots, if BC is playing in one of the eastern NCAA regionals, I'm there. I used to love going to the HE semis/finals but I haven't been since 2003 now. Another factor is that I enjoy being able to watch all the games from around the country next weekend.

Comment

How much are your QF tix? Still around $25? If so, that is definitely absurd. Tix were $10 for BC, but game was on TV so I'm sure that didn't help.

Even when there are good matchups in a better economy, for whatever reason, these games just never draw well.

As for picking spots, if BC is playing in one of the eastern NCAA regionals, I'm there. I used to love going to the HE semis/finals but I haven't been since 2003 now. Another factor is that I enjoy being able to watch all the games from around the country next weekend.
                $26 + $2 facility fee + ticketmaster fees, so all told around $34 a ticket! it's a wonder anyone shows up.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Judging from TV it didn't seem like there were millions in the stands over at Conte, either...
                  3200 or so, i foolishly thought we may get 5K due to students actually being around. I think in my 7 years as a season ticket holder this was the first year they were on campus so i thought..............well, i was way off. There wasnt a bad student turnout at all, it was a bad alumni turnout. IF they included these tickets in the season ticket package there may be better turnout. See you Friday night if we can make it there. right ericredaxe?

Comment

OK, let me play Scarlet here and demand that comments that assume we have advanced past Merrimack must cease IMMEDIATELY. We don't need to give Dennehy any bulletin board material.

Second - yeah the high ticket prices are a killer. The only good part of knowing the crowd will be small is that I don't have to buy in advance, and I can therefore save on the ticketraper fees.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      OK, let me play Scarlet here and demand that comments that assume we have advanced past Merrimack must cease IMMEDIATELY. We don't need to give Dennehy any bulletin board material.

Second - yeah the high ticket prices are a killer. The only good part of knowing the crowd will be small is that I don't have to buy in advance, and I can therefore save on the ticketraper fees.
                      scarlet schmarlet... you just have to know it WAS MEANT TO BE

(and not for nothing.. but mookie would LOVE to be bb material!!! "DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT MOOKIE IS SAYING?!?!?!" )
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I thought this was break week at bu. no?
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                          I thought this was break week at bu. no?
                          It is the end of spring break week, so maybe more students will be coming back on saturday, but I dont know when the dorms open etc..

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            . See you Friday night if we can make it there. right ericredaxe?
                            I cannot speak of such things at this point in time

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                              4 scoring chances against Lowell would def be an accomplishment!
                              Oops. Clearly The Chiefs are in my head. (There's a pill for that. )
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

The students aren't allowed back into the dorms until Sunday.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X