This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    I remember that play. I think there was more than a second left. According to Brian Strait, who was involved in the play, there was nothing to worry about.
    Yeah, right! That was RIGHT in front of us...he bobbled the puck and had no idea where it was. If he doesn't reach behind him and the Miami guy doesn't whiff when swiping at it ...no national championship!

Comment

Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Let's move to the HERE AND NOW people!!!

How many more games in Jack's career? 2, 3, 4, 5....

BU Hockey: Motivated
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Good to see the team keep their recent winning ways going. I'm planning on heading in for the game tomorrow, perhaps a double header with the women going at 3pm. Any chance to watch hockey in WBA is one that should be taken seriously.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Anybody got a report on tonight's game . Saw the score and the 3 minors to Bigos. Box score tells me it was a solid effort
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

19th in the PWR...Winning shouldn't ever hurt...
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
              19th in the PWR...Winning shouldn't ever hurt...
              well pairwise only counts after all the games have been played... so
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Put down the Power and walk away.

Nice effort tonight. That looked like a team who likes their coach.

I thought Lowell had maybe 4 scoring chances. BU did that with 5 defenseman. Crazy.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Put down the Power and walk away.

Nice effort tonight. That looked like a team who likes their coach.

I thought Lowell had maybe 4 scoring chances. BU did that with 5 defenseman. Crazy.
                  4 scoring chances against Lowell would def be an accomplishment!

Comment

and hey! first 3 game winning steak of the season!!!

Comment

bonanza, less than 3,000 in the stands tonight. that's what the HE QF does even if a legend is retiring.

as for the game on the ice, looks like sterlippo had this one pegged. MC will rollover and play dead again tomorrow.

Comment

nieto needs one point for 100
                        megan needs one goal for 50

and with the chiefs winning... all signs point to a potential 'jerry with the chance to send jack to the old folks home' next friday if it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          bonanza, less than 3,000 in the stands tonight. that's what the HE QF does even if a legend is retiring.

as for the game on the ice, looks like sterlippo had this one pegged. MC will rollover and play dead again tomorrow.
                          Not sure why you're directing this at me, but yes, attendance was awful and pitiful for the last few chances to see Jack.

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                          Anybody got a report on tonight's game . Saw the score and the 3 minors to Bigos. Box score tells me it was a solid effort
                          Yes, last two periods were excellent. Some mistakes in the first, they looked jittery at first, but calmed down and played a solid game. Maguire looked very calm as well for most of the night. I don't remember seeing Ronan on the ice once. Bigos was parading himself to the box all through the 3rd. 1/3 of our PIM came as a result of Kurker standing and getting hit after the whistle and NOT retaliating. Somehow that warranted a hitting after the whistle AND roughing penalty. Felt bad for the kid, he's had more than his fair share of remarkably dumb penalties, but he did nothing there, and actually played pretty well for the whole night.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            all signs point to a potential 'jerry with the chance to send jack to the old folks home' next friday if it plays out.
                            And since we're leaping ahead, I will briefly rejuvenate the discussion about who has "which" game next Friday. You KNOW NESN wants BC in prime time, and if things hold the way they are it will be BC/BU so that's a no-brainer. Lowell/Providence in the first game.

Comment

it was meant to be (maybe). no way jackie is gonna let BC end his career, right???

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Judging from TV it didn't seem like there were millions in the stands over at Conte, either...

Comment

Working...
                                X