• Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    J. F. C!!
    Mookie can't have fun with all y'all?!?

Had to bump up the thread and that was all I could come up with
    ....slackers
    Wilson, Bonino, Chiasson, Colby, Shatty, Warso, Strait, and DiPietro have some eligibility left

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Not Bad...

I was thinking of something like "BU Post Season Thread: Tell em to go in with all they've got and win just one for Jackie".... except with Notre Dame joining the league next year, we can't really be stealing their lines!
      Meh, I'd be okay with it anyways.
      Boston University 2009 Champs
      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

If this team needs to get pumped up for a big game, show them that 15 minute highlight package from the 1997 National Semi-Final. Talk about a team "getting after it!" It's an absolute god**** thing of beauty. They hit 3 posts in that game. They could have won that sucker 6-2.
        Or Bernie's "A few good men are going to Milwaukee!" call that accompanied this '97 quarterfinal game-winner. A rare show emotion by Drury.

First five minute of BU-Michigan would suffice, too.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I doubt it. The 2nd period of the 1997 NC game remains my biggest sports fandom regret. Okay, 2nd regret. Bartman is #1.
          What about 2nd period of 91 NC game vs NM? Up 3-0 after 1 then down 5-3 after 2. Crazy game that we could of/should of won in 1st OT.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
            Crazy game that we could of/should of won in 1st OT.
            Sean McEachern hits the crossbar in OT...and he had the whole net.

Comment

Cool thread title.

SUCKS TO BU!..............
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Sean McEachern hits the crossbar in OT...and he had the whole net.
                Shawn McEachern hit BOTH posts in OT. That pucker traversed the entire goal line without going in. *shaking head*.

97 still hurts more.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Shawn McEachern hit BOTH posts in OT. That pucker traversed the entire goal line without going in. *shaking head*.

97 still hurts more.
                  hit pipe too late vs colgate in 90
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                    What about 2nd period of 91 NC game vs NM? Up 3-0 after 1 then down 5-3 after 2. Crazy game that we could of/should of won in 1st OT.
                    hate to speak ill of the dead... but did anyone ever ask scott why he was tending the net in the right faceoff circle!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                      JD boycotting the new thread or is BC in the title confusing him?
                      I'm trying not to upset Rogie or spark a circle jerk between Spin Control/Rover/Mutha Fucha

But I am glad I came over here. I now know that Chris Drury showed emotion after sending his team to the FF

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Or Bernie's "A few good men are going to Milwaukee!" .
                        *****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/e630a4df.jpg******

Comment

Throw in the 9-1 loss to LSSU in '94, and you have three NC game losses in which we gave up five goals in the second period.

And actually, Bomber, McEachern's shot didn't hit the other post, it hit a defenseman's skate, and was actually heading into the net when Billy Pye plopped his mitt over top of it. It could have actually crossed the line, but nobody could see it at that point.

However, there WAS the post about half a second before McEachern's post, when Kevin O'Sullivan's initial shot hit the left post and kicked out into the crease. Pye had come out aggressively to play the angle on O'Sullivan, which is why the net area was so wide open as McEachern skated through it.
                          The Colgate post in '90 was a blur to me (I was there, but it all happened so fast), but the Globe had a phenomenal photo of it.

OK, enough of the bad vibes. How about '95 or '09
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            Throw in the 9-1 loss to LSSU in '94, and you have three NC game losses in which we gave up five goals in the second period.
                            ahem...

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/290C9D08-BFA8-4977-9B8F-2F20CF06E321-18128-00000D2BEF60931F_zps54aa4e2a.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              ahem...

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/290C9D08-BFA8-4977-9B8F-2F20CF06E321-18128-00000D2BEF60931F_zps54aa4e2a.jpg******
                              Wait a minute.... What!? Where'd you get that?
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Wait a minute.... What!? Where'd you get that?
                                No further questions...BU +1 on the NC count.

Works for Alabama.

I remember watching that game in a bar. While I thought BU lost, clearly the shirt proves me wrong.
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X