X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Edit: here's a picture of the 2nd period shot chart: https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...631938/photo/1 not too shabby.
    Did they even bother to clean the ice in front of Maguire after that period? The only goals MC scores are "greasy" goals, yet there were 0 shots from inside the face-off dots. Great job by the BU D but really poor effort by the MC forwards. I'm betting on another shutout tonight.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Y'all saw how last night played out, right? Could be more than one team winning an auto-bid that wouldn't be making the tournament otherwise.

Bu needs to win 3 more game.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Not trolling here, this is a serious comment and I'm looking for serious feedback.

I went to a BU game earlier in the season against St. Lawrence (I believe a 5-2 win for BU...dominant performance). The rink was just about full...great atmosphere for an OOC game. Anyways, I went again last night and expected a sell out and a standing ovation for JP. Needless to say, I was completely shocked to see Agganis 50% empty and half of the fans there were Merrimack fans. What was that all about? Are BU fans embarrassed by this?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
          Not trolling here, this is a serious comment and I'm looking for serious feedback.

I went to a BU game earlier in the season against St. Lawrence (I believe a 5-2 win for BU...dominant performance). The rink was just about full...great atmosphere for an OOC game. Anyways, I went again last night and expected a sell out and a standing ovation for JP. Needless to say, I was completely shocked to see Agganis 50% empty and half of the fans there were Merrimack fans. What was that all about? Are BU fans embarrassed by this?
          Embarrassed? No. It's the same story everywhere. BU overprices their tickets for these games, so it's no wonder no one shows up. That plus no one shows up to any QF games anywhere. You'd have found the same environment at BC last night, and they're not even on spring break (neither is MC and they subsidized almost the entire cost of tickets for their students.) But yes, I expected more to show up for Jack, and it's a shame more didn't.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post

Students are in spring break... So immediately subtract 1500-2000 bodies. It's the same for most of hockey east.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Embarrassed? No. It's the same story everywhere. BU overprices their tickets for these games, so it's no wonder no one shows up. That plus no one shows up to any QF games anywhere. You'd have found the same environment at BC last night, and they're not even on spring break (neither is MC and they subsidized almost the entire cost of tickets for their students.) But yes, I expected more to show up for Jack, and it's a shame more didn't.
              I guess that was my point...I expected more people to show up for Jack.

Comment

Another factor is that it's not like Parker announced this well in advance. He announced it the week of the playoffs. That alone results in not as many people knowing/being able to make last minute plans, etc.

And last night was only game one. With it being Saturday, I would expect a better crowd tonight especially since it's game two and it could be his final home game.

Comment

So much for Jerry getting a chance to knock jack into retirement.... Too bad for coach.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Sean McEachern hits the crossbar in OT...and he had the whole net.
                    Then there was the one shot that hit left post then slid over hit right post and just sat there.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      So much for Jerry getting a chance to knock jack into retirement.... Too bad for coach.
                      I was worried when this came up the first time. Typically this type of surgery is not a big deal and it seemed as though he was out for a while the first time. Unless he has some kind of pre-disposing condition that is leading to complications, I would expect that this will get resolved and he'll be back by Friday. The good news is that Boston has some of the best ophthalmic surgeons in the world and I'm sure he is getting the best of care. I wish him the best.

Comment

so...... who videoed the post game for mookie?

Comment

I'm REALLY excited about Friday. As I had mentioned before (and I was not using hyperbole), this has all the makings of an epic game. Just the fact that it could be Jack's last game is big enough, but add to that BU having to win to have a chance to get to the NCAAs and also that it's against BC. It's as if destiny wrote this script in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            so...... who videoed the post game for mookie?
                            I was hoping WBIN would stay on the air for more than 30 seconds after the end of the game so that we could see the handshakes. It looked as though Dennehy and Jack talked for a few seconds and they embraced twice, but they went off the air before the players when through the line.

Comment

I was hoping WBIN would stay on the air for more than 30 seconds after the end of the game so that we could see the handshakes. It looked as though Dennehy and Jack talked for a few seconds and they embraced twice, but they went off the air before the players when through the line.
                              mookie heard jack got a hold of a mic and addressed the crowd

Comment

I was worried when this came up the first time. Typically this type of surgery is not a big deal and it seemed as though he was out for a while the first time. Unless he has some kind of pre-disposing condition that is leading to complications, I would expect that this will get resolved and he'll be back by Friday. The good news is that Boston has some of the best ophthalmic surgeons in the world and I'm sure he is getting the best of care. I wish him the best.
                                This is actually a pretty serious surgery and I would not be at all surprised if he was out next week, in fact I'm expecting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X