This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

still not convinced it isn't an april fools joke, but the gwoz thing is interesting in light of our *****ing the last dozen years..
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      That's really too bad. I was good friends with a few wrestlers during my time at BU, and they often spoke of how lucky they were to have Carl Adams as their coach.

That's two of BU's longtime coaches having their tenure come to an end. Neil Roberts, Sally Starr....carry the torch.
      I wouldn't say I was good friends, but was quite friendly with a couple of wrestlers back in my time at BU... mostly from being around the athletic department etc... good guys. The times I met Coach Adams, he seemed like a first rate person. Sad to see him have the rug pulled out from under him like this.

I'm with Pirate though... I don't know what the budget was for Wrestling, but it could not have been all that much in the grand scheme of things. Looking at the schedule for 12-13, I counted 10 trips... 5 or 6 of which looked like they could be bus rides and not flights. I would think if they had wanted to keep it they could have with a little bit of savvy fundraising.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        I would think if they had wanted to keep it they could have with a little bit of savvy fundraising.

hahahahahahahaahah!! this IS bu we are talking about here.

mookie is on the pc mailing list cause he bought tickets there once. last week he got an email pumping him help continue the success of this years hockey team by donating, and in the email there was an ad for the hockey golf tournament aug 18th.

mookie is also still awaiting an update on how he stands in the terrier loyalty point system.... maybe two years now

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

mookie is also still awaiting an update on how he stands in the terrier loyalty point system.... maybe two years now
          I don't think I received one since Agganis opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            I don't think I received one since Agganis opened.
            i got one after they changed the method of multiplication and addition (surprisingly enough, mookie was invited in for a focus group to hash out the new calc ). not since though.

Comment

I don't see any real high end forwards in next year's recruiting class, so am guessing the loss of Nieto stings that much more. Hopefully Kurker and Lane, who were both pretty big recruits can help pick up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                I don't see any real high end forwards in next year's recruiting class, so am guessing the loss of Nieto stings that much more. Hopefully Kurker and Lane, who were both pretty big recruits can help pick up the slack.
                I don't think Kurker played all that much at the beginning, but then Cisse was gone and I think he started to play more. He's certainly big and BU's going to have to rely on players like him to step it up. O'Regan looks good but not sure on Lane adding more offense. There's Hohman and Rodrigues too. They look solid in net with MaGuire and O'Connor. BTW, BC had a goalie named O'Connor too a few years back to yesteryear.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                  cangelosi and baillargeon both have 18g this season to date. just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    I don't think Kurker played all that much at the beginning, but then Cisse was gone and I think he started to play more. He's certainly big and BU's going to have to rely on players like him to step it up. O'Regan looks good but not sure on Lane adding more offense. There's Hohman and Rodrigues too. They look solid in net with MaGuire and O'Connor. BTW, BC had a goalie named O'Connor too a few years back to yesteryear.
                    Kurker didn't play nearly as much early, and I believe he came "a year early" (not sure of the exact circumstances), so I would expect to see him improve quite a bit. Actually you could see a big difference between the beginning and end of the year in his play.

Comment

cangelosi and baillargeon both have 18g this season to date. just sayin'
                      Baillargeon, 93 DOB, 55 games, 18-23-41
                      Cangelosi, 94 DOB, 50 games, 18-42-60

Also of note, Cangelosi had 29 goals last season as a 17 year old in 53 games

No comparison, sorry.....
                      Last edited by carltonbarrett; 04-02-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                        Baillargeon, 93 DOB, 55 games, 18-23-41
                        Cangelosi, 94 DOB, 50 games, 18-42-60

Also of note, Cangelosi had 29 goals last season as a 17 year old in 53 games

No comparison, sorry.....
                        They would be in the same grade in school...
                        And!!! 18=18

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          I would think if they had wanted to keep it they could have with a little bit of savvy fundraising.
                          Isn't that why they created a job for America's Guest, Mr. Eruzione?
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

They would be in the same grade in school...
                            And!!! 18=18
                            Just to add a bit more light on this comparison, Baillargeon spent the first half of the season with last-place Indiana, one of the USHL's weakest offenses. With Omaha, no offensive juggernaut either, but with better talent at forward, his points per game is 50% better than with the Ice. Nevertheless, Cangelosi has been a more productive USHL player than Baillargeon over his two USHL seasons and clearly fits the BC mold of fast, skilled forwards.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Lane really stepped it up in the post season. It's like a switch went off. I think he can be a top 6 forward.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Lane really stepped it up in the post season. It's like a switch went off. I think he can be a top 6 forward.
                                Agreed. He looked good at the end of the season. Really trying to make things happen.

As I've said before I think BU is two seasons away from being a strong contender which wouldn't do Nieto any good. Not sure the kid is pro material but if the team wants him what the hell. I'm looking for improvement next year as the underclassmen step up and assume a bigger role on the team. When this year's freshman become juniors is when I'm looking for big things to happen with this program especially if they open up the offense ala the second half of the last BC game.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X