X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    very comparable/nearly equal does not mean equal. but thanks for setting me straight, mook.
    i was giving the ralph the benefit of the doubt. it may not be equal to haa, but i've never seen it so i didn't want to come across and knowing. perhaps you've been in the basement at both barns and know for sure
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

it doesn't need the benefit of the doubt. i don't need to see it in person either. unless you've had your head buried in the sand, you would have heard plenty of people who have seen both call it the best facility in college hockey. i'm just going off what people in the game have said on record.

Comment

Who gives a crap about what their top rated show might be? What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? UND has the best facility in the country, a better fan base than any eastern school and access to top minnesota and canadian talent.
        Yes, but their location is a big drawback. Getting a kid to commit to living in Grand Forks for four years is a lot harder than getting a kid to commit to live in Boston. Plus, with UND you have multiple overnight bus rides every year where in Hockey East 50% of the trips aren't long enough to finish a Coke. UND buses to Omaha and Houghton...not exactly a major selling point.

Of course their facilities and fanbase are superior to everyone's in the world practically, so it's a give and take. But the location definitely is a drawback to the UND job in comparison to the likes of MN, BU, and BC. It's hard to rank these things, BU is absolutely a top 10 job, beyond that, who knows. Don't forget we haven't hired anyone in four decades, so it's not terribly easy to gauge the desirability of the job.
        Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I wouldn't exactly call your end of Comme ave a draw in terms of location, unless of course you have a thing for concrete campuses, smog, filth, noise, homeless people, crime and rats the size of dogs.
          Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-30-2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            I wouldn't exactly call your end of Comme ave a draw in terms of location, unless of course you have a thing for concrete campuses, smog, filth, noise, homeless people, crime and rats the size of dogs.
            Millions of people flock to live in cites, so it does have an appeal.

Mookie has told his story many times... After penn didn't accept him early admission he sent apps to bu and bc. When regular penn admission rejected him too he had to pick between bu and bc. He got out a map and saw were each was located and picked bu sight unseen on location only.

And the only reason he picked Boston - bu and bc was Larry bird.

Comment

Brace yourself BU you know whats happening two weeks from tonight. Wow cant believe how this is coming together for the Eagles.

Comment

• Wow, ND had the best facility in the world and still lost to Yale. Should ask for their money back

Comment

Bonanza, as I said...it's a great job. Def top ten, I just don't see it as top three. In theory you're right about recruiting but und always has top classes just like bu. So if grand forks isn't attractive, that's where the rink, tradition and putting kids into the pros comes into play.

Hoky, nobody said the team with the best facility always wins. If agganis is so great how did bu not even make tourney? See, dumb argument.

Comment

Hoky, nobody said the team with the best facility always wins.
                    hell, sometimes the best team doesn't even win

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      Brace yourself BU you know whats happening two weeks from tonight. Wow cant believe how this is coming together for the Eagles.
                      dude, seriously?!?!

you're not breaking any news here

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        dude, seriously?!?!

you're not breaking any news here
                        It was starting to look like Union, Cansius and Yale was the road top the final still Union, Quinnipiac, Yale not much more formidable.

Comment

It was starting to look like Union, Cansius and Yale was the road top the final still Union, Quinnipiac, Yale not much more formidable.
                          after they beat union, then Q... they get. yup. MIAMI

Comment

Kiss of death. UML is team to beat.

Comment

It's been 3 minutes. How does goudreau not have a hat trick already?
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                                Yes and the burbs is where every 18 year old wants to be over DT Boston.

Comment

Working...
                                X