X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    What if its a guy like Quinn or Sullivan? Is there a precedent for announcing something like that in the middle of an NHL season?
    That's a good point... doubtful they would announce that while their NHL team is still playing. If that is the case, we may not hear til their team is done. In the case of Quinn that could be as early as April 27th.

Comment

Just heard a rumor. Quinn is the new BU coach.

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
        dang, that was quick
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

reliable?
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

From what source? If true not all that surprising as we all know he was one of a few names commonly floated around. Even if it is not a reliable source the source could still be right (even if they have no clue) and claim to be all knowing based on who we think the likely candidates are.

Comment

I believe so, supposedly we should hear more by the end of the week. But it is a rumor at this point.

Comment

Joe Amorosino
                ‏@joeamorosino
                Source: #BU will announce David Quinn as new Boston University Hockey Coach tomorrow. #HockeyEast #FrozenFour #TerrierNation #7News

For those who don't know, that's the director of the 7 News sports department tweeting that, so I'd take it as reliable and more or less confirmed now.
                Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-25-2013, 08:06 PM.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  ???

you expected a table in the arena lobby? like a job fair?
                  There better be booth babes...

Comment

Was worried it would be Hynes, phew!

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      mookie would have been very happy with that.

however..... quinny is a member at wannamoisett (best golf course in new england )
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

From what i hear, 11 am presser

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          And my poor Rangers' powerplay lives to fail another die

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            dang, that was quick
                            I bet this has been in the works for some time. I was pretty sure after winning the title in 2009 that Coach Parker would retire and have that ride off into the sunset. Instead he stayed three more years while his best assistant left to become an AHL head coach.

I wonder if Bavis gets to stay or if Quinn wants a whole new staff.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                              I bet this has been in the works for some time. I was pretty sure after winning the title in 2009 that Coach Parker would retire and have that ride off into the sunset. Instead he stayed three more years while his best assistant left to become an AHL head coach.

I wonder if Bavis gets to stay or if Quinn wants a whole new staff.
                              considering Jack's comments during his presser that he originally thought of doing this last year, I wouldn't be surprised if there were quiet conversations over the past year with Quinn telling him when Jack hung it up this year, he'd be choice #1.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

From what i hear, 11 am presser
                                Guess that answers my question. It also pretty much confirms that, just as Jack stayed one more year so it wouldn't look like he was "forced out" after the investigation, this was already a done deal.

Gee...I was kind of hoping to have some time for discussion after the season. They took away all my fun!!

Comment

Working...
                                X