• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    BU Hockey: Pride
    so..... still ticked off at those $50 seats
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Any truth to the rumor that after last night's win Parker is considering sticking around?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        No. They use their own broadcasters and their own studio show, which is terrible beyond comprehension.
        You're actually going to complain about that? I'm just ecstatic I get to watch the games at all way out here. I can deal with Roenick and Therien.
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          Nice win last night. Not sure if BU is going to ride the momentum or have a letdown game tonight.
          Ordinarily one would expect a letdown but since these are unique circumstances (win or go home/Parker's last game) I think they'll be OK. They were clearly tight last night because they weren't moving their feet at all. They looked like Stonehenge in the first period. The difference is that Lowell is not as explosive as BC so if we can hang in there (ideally we score first) I think Lowell may have a tough time matching our scoring. If we get behind, it will be tougher to come back against Lowell than against BC, who never really strayed from their "wide-open" style, which was surprising given a somewhat shaky Milner in net. Not saying that two goals is enough, but you might have thought they would have "tightened" up the game a little more. Either way, it should be another good game.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
            You're actually going to complain about that? I'm just ecstatic I get to watch the games at all way out here. I can deal with Roenick and Therien.
            And to be fair, they're NHL guys. Asking them to comment on something they probably really don't follow much (and CERTAINLY don't have any local knowledge about) is a bit much. Even though Milbury is a "local" guy, I don't really think he keeps up on it much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              Maguire was highly touted coming to BU.

The Globe story is just a story. The PC and Lowell goalies were written about because they got the league awards. Has everything to do with their contributions to their teams this season, and nothing to do with their reputations entering college hockey.

Maguire was the difference in tonight's game. He was Sean Fields-like for the first two periods. Parker Milner was BC's Achilles heel. It is amazing that BC won a national title with him in net. Says a lot about the terrific defense the Igles have put in front of him, because he isn't that good.
              He was fine last year during that 19 game run. Yes the D last year was solid with Cross, Dumoulin, and Shea in the mix.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed out yet that during Len Ceglarski's final season ('91-'92), BC knocked a heavily favored BU seed out of the HE playoffs in a one-game quarterfinal at BU. I think BU was the #2 seed, BC #7. This year, the roles were reversed.

The only positive to come out of that game for BU was when an Eagle kept trying to get Kaj Linna to go at it with him (late in the game, with the outcome no longer in doubt), Linna finally obliged and soundly won the battle.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Rodrigues' first goal. Offsides? Just asking. Must've been close.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

http://sbn.to/15DYzXS my preview of tonight's final
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Rodrigues' first goal. Offsides? Just asking. Must've been close.
                      if you are playing/carrying/stickhandling the puck you can enter the zone before the puck
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

BU 6, BC 3

Well done Terriers.

Hopeing tonight they hoist some hardware for the first time since 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          if you are playing/carrying/stickhandling the puck you can enter the zone before the puck
                          Is that true? I had no idea

Edit: NHL rules but they're probably he same:

However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26497

Learn something new every day.
                          Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 03-23-2013, 11:35 AM.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

Random thoughts from last night:

1. Good that HE honored Jim Prior last night. And great that the interdenominational crowd cheered him so enthusiastically.

2. I've seen comebacks before, but never one with the role reversal we saw last night. BC was as tight the second half as BU had been in the first.

3. Goudreau's stupid penalty at the 10 second mark of the first foreshadowed his bonehead "crosscheck" in the third. Does he have a little Joey Diamond in him? (Not that I'm complaining.)

4. The Lane goal reminded me of freshman Jason Lawrence busting up the left boards in OT against BC in the '09 finals, only #23 didn't need Higgins and Yip to finish.

5. Speaking of which, does Rodrigues have the best hands since Higgins and Bonino--or is he even better?

6. Lowell's the best team I've seen this year, but Providence pushed them last night, as did Maine in game 2 of the quarters. Nothing would surprise me tonight either way.

Comment

Goalguard, comparing him to diamond? Look at gaudreau's PIM totals. Nobody should be compared to diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Goalguard, comparing him to diamond? Look at gaudreau's PIM totals. Nobody should be compared to diamond.
                                Understood. I'm just saying that like Dr. Jekyll, who was charming much of the time, maybe Gaudreau has another side to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X