X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    You can choose to ignore the PWR if you want, but this is quite false. I'll bet anyone here a 6-pack that if BU wins 1 game next weekend they go to the tourney, it's by no means a lock, but it is probably over a 50% chance.
    If they win two games it's a 100% chance

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      "Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that." - The Naked Gun

According to Sioux Sports, 25.8% of the possible scenarios give BU an at-large bid. They didn't say it, but I'd gather 100% of said scenarios involve beating BC.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Just for reference, the percent chance based on those scenarios is not weighted based on the probability of each outcome. So, theoretically its placing the odds of CC winning three in three days the same as Minny winning 2 on home ice.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Just for reference, the percent chance based on those scenarios is not weighted based on the probability of each outcome. So, theoretically its placing the odds of CC winning three in three days the same as Minny winning 2 on home ice.
          Well actually the probability of CC winning is 12.5% whereas Minn is 25% (3 games versus 2) but the probability in that table that a team other than Niagara wins the AHA title and autobid is 75%, which is unrealistic and hurting all bubble team odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            Well actually the probability of CC winning is 12.5% whereas Minn is 25% (3 games versus 2) but the probability in that table that a team other than Niagara wins the AHA title and autobid is 75%, which is unrealistic and hurting all bubble team odds.
            Yeah, that's what I was trying to say but used bad terminology. Each permutation is given identical probability of happening and not weighted using any established ranking such as KRACH. So, the Washington Generals have a 50% chance of beating the Globetrotters every night.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
              What's the best strategy for buying tickets for this weekend? Are there sections for each team and how do you find out where they are?
              I'm going through the Garden tonight.

I assume no one knows the sections for each team?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                I'm going through the Garden tonight.

I assume no one knows the sections for each team?
                Heard a rumor BU in the balcony is 317 and the section or two above it numerically, chances are BC is the other side of the rink, no idea which half.

Comment

This thread reeks of "simple math".

Let's just win two in the Garden and go from there!

Comment

If Mack had won one more game they would be a tuc and bu would have the 9th best tuc record instead of the 22nd best. Mack was one of 4 wins that Uaa had. Mack also lost to Umass on the final night.

Of course if bu had only lost 1 game to Harvard they would be 15th in rpi instead of 18th
                    Of they had lost only 1 to Harvard AND only once to nu they would be 12th in rpi ahead of du
                    If they had also not lost to 11 win UVM at home in addition to only losing once to 10 win HU (in 2 chances) and only once to 9 win nu they would be 8th on rpi ahead of und

So regardless, it's their own dam fault for losing winnable games at home
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Heard a rumor BU in the balcony is 317 and the section or two above it numerically, chances are BC is the other side of the rink, no idea which half.
                      that would go against what i can remember. We are always in 323 over to like 318 and BU is like at 306, the opposite corner. I believe i sat in about the same seats for last year's BP and HE tourney, same corner as BP this year.............i think

Comment

Hmmm

Bu bp section is to the left of the visitors bench. Recently the hea seats have been behind the home bench and above/around.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          that would go against what i can remember. We are always in 323 over to like 318 and BU is like at 306, the opposite corner. I believe i sat in about the same seats for last year's BP and HE tourney, same corner as BP this year.............i think
                          Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Hmmm

Bu bp section is to the left of the visitors bench. Recently the hea seats have been behind the home bench and above/around.
                          Beanpot and Hockey East Tournament seating are different, BU students are in 308-306 for the Beanpot and have not been in that area for at least the last 5 HE semi appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            Yes, that would be the first time I can remember the BU section was on that side, it's always been 330 or 302 in the years I've been around.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

They season bu played 11 periods, we sat across from the home bench. We had a good view of Whitney scoring the tournament winner down the other end

Comment

Beanpot and Hockey East Tournament seating are different, BU students are in 308-306 for the Beanpot and have not been in that area for at least the last 5 HE semi appearances.
                                hmmm, ok...............well, maybe for BC they keep us in the same corner because they know we are going to be there for both events

Comment

Working...
                                X