Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

College Hockey, Inc. ‏@collegehockey
    "We're 80 days away from the 2013 Ice Breaker at Mariucci Arena, featuring Clarkson, Mercyhurst, UNH and hosts"
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Official announcement from Univeristy of Alaska-Anchorage - Josh Ciocco is new Assistant Coach:

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=208687489

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Men's Hockey Team Calls, Thanks Season ticket Holders for Support in 2012-13 Season

Men's hockey season tickets are currently up for renewal and fans are being offered tickets to all 20 games, next season, for under $20 each. Season ticket holders have until May 15th to renew their same seats with no payments due until July 1, 2013. In addition to the discounted season ticket rate,
        Discounted season ticket rate? Funny, because my season ticket renewal rate was 50% higher than last year. Why am I not shocked that at the first sign of an uptick in attendance, that they eliminate the cheaper "Standing Room Only" season ticket they were pushing last year?
        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

How does everyone have lines set up for next year? Very heavy on Lefties.

27-28-16
          10-21-19
          14-18-9
          13-17-24

Comment

I am thinking this to start:
            Goumas Downing Willows Liked Willows and Goumas together at end of season and I think that Goumas and Downing will do great together just like they do 4v4

Speelman Sorkin Correale Speelman are good enough defensively to make up for Sorkin and I think that Sorkin and Correale will be very strong offensively

Thrush Silengo Kelleher Gives Kelleher some fast players with talent to work with until he is ready to jump to the top line part way through the year

Gaudreault Camper MacDonald Solid defensively and has a chance to score some goals. That's all you can ask from a 4th line.

When Kelleher shows he is ready I would move him up to the first line and drop Willows to the 3rd line

TVR Agosta More of a stay at home defenseman with TVR while he can help create offense
            Knodel Pesche Both are strong defensively and are more hybrid players that can feed off each other
            Quast Cleland Cleland put up big offensive numbers in the USHL and if Quast has gotten faster that can be a reliable pairing
            Last edited by CrazedUNHfan; 08-12-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazedUNHfan View Post
              I am thinking this to start:
              Goumas Downing Willows Liked Willows and Goumas together at end of season and I think that Goumas and Downing will do great together just like they do 4v4

Speelman Sorkin Correale Speelman are good enough defensively to make up for Sorkin and I think that Sorkin and Correale will be very strong offensively

Thrush Silengo Kelleher Gives Kelleher some fast players with talent to work with until he is ready to jump to the top line part way through the year

Gaudreault Camper MacDonald Solid defensively and has a chance to score some goals. That's all you can ask from a 4th line.

When Kelleher shows he is ready I would move him up to the first line and drop Willows to the 3rd line

TVR Agosta More of a stay at home defenseman with TVR while he can help create offense
              Knodel Pesche Both are strong defensively and are more hybrid players that can feed off each other
              Quast Cleland Cleland put up big offensive numbers in the USHL and if Quast has gotten faster that can be a reliable pairing
              Like these line combos.

I'm curious though...does anyone know where Ryan Randall fits in Umile's defensive pairing schemes? I mean he's a junior and has yet to skate one shift. Meanwhile, talented d-men are being recruited for '14 and '15, presumably to replace current players who or may not be leaving early.
              UNH

Comment

Originally posted by CrazedUNHfan View Post
                I think you had a fairly good guess. I always hope to see a fair amount of shuffling until mid January anyway. I think it keeps things fresh, allows for player growth and is insurance against injury.

However I am not high on you D pairs. I can't see the 3 pair being that inexperienced. I think you will see the 2 new D-men mixed into the 2nd and 3rd pairing. Even if the bench get short from time to time.
                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                  I think you had a fairly good guess. I always hope to see a fair amount of shuffling until mid January anyway. I think it keeps things fresh, allows for player growth and is insurance against injury.

However I am not high on you D pairs. I can't see the 3 pair being that inexperienced. I think you will see the 2 new D-men mixed into the 2nd and 3rd pairing. Even if the bench get short from time to time.
                  I thought about that too but to me it seemed like the top 4 defencman on the team are significantly more talented than the other 4. I felt like the thinning our d corps would negatively affect the play of whoever we put on out with Quast or Cleland. I think that Pesce, TVR, Knodel, and even Agosta deserve over 20 minutes of ice time a game and in order to give them that ice time with some consistency I think we would need to load up the top four.

This is in no way anything against our bottom 4 defenseman. I just think that the talent and experience in our top 4 needs to be utilized in order for us to win. I think that Quast and the 2 freshman will get a lot of valuable experience and will be important on the bottom pair and can take some of the pressure of the top 4 and allow the top them to be able to play more aggressively and dictate matchups.

As for Randall he seems like a hometown boy that was willing to take the fact that he possibly wont play in order to get a roster spot on his favorite college hockey team. He had one good year in the EJHL after failing to make it as a forward. He is a feel good story but I don't see any future for him on the team. Hopefully he is fine with that and can be a good practice body.

Comment

We are on the same page. I think you will see more of the returning 1-4 but I doubt you will see a 5-6 pair with 2 inexperienced D-men particularly at the start of the year. To kick off the season you need to get those inexperienced guys up to speed in the lowest risk situation and I have a hard time seeing that as out together.

Instead at critical parts of the game you will likely see a short bench.
                    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Goumas-Downing-Kelleher
                      Speelman-Sorkin-Correale
                      Thrush-Silengo-Hill
                      Willows-Camper-Gaudreault
                      Bourque-Smith-MacDonald

TvR-Pesce
                      Knodel-Cleland
                      Agosta-Maller
                      Quast-Randall

Comment

UNH goalie coach Mike Buckley named goalie development coach for the Pittsburgh Penguins:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...t-twt-penguins

Comment

........ and the replacement will be?

Comment

Only 39 days until the Wolverines arrive for two at Lake Whitt.

Comment

Lines for the start of the year:

27 28 9
                              10 18 17
                              19 21 16
                              13 23 24

6 22
                              5 2
                              12 7

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                                ........ and the replacement will be?
                                Cap Raeder
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X