• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

"UNH Defenseman Brett Pesce Drafted #66 by Carolina Hurricanes"
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Brett Pesce on the possibility of leaving UNH and joining the Carolina Hurricanes this season:

"You know obviously I think there's a lot to work on my game, I need to get a little bit bigger, but you know I haven't really thought ahead yet. I'm trying to play it day by day."

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        Brett Pesce on the possibility of leaving UNH and joining the Carolina Hurricanes this season:
        Im no expert but seems like it would make no sense for him to leave unh for at least another year or two. His game seems far more suited to developing in college than in the ahl because of the aforementioned size and physicality issues. I dont see carolina taking him anytime soon

Comment

• Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
          Im no expert but seems like it would make no sense for him to leave unh for at least another year or two. His game seems far more suited to developing in college than in the ahl because of the aforementioned size and physicality issues. I dont see carolina taking him anytime soon
          'Canes defense one of the worst, if not the worst, in the NHL this past season. Joe Corvo leading scorer for their d-men, at 7 G, 10 A, and -3 +/-. So, do not be too sure about Pesce staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            'Canes defense one of the worst, if not the worst, in the NHL this past season. Joe Corvo leading scorer for their d-men, at 7 G, 10 A, and -3 +/-. So, do not be too sure about Pesce staying.
            Are you proposing that he could possibly play for the Hurricanes next season? You probably have better odds of winning a million dollars on a scratch ticket. Twice.
            Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
              Are you proposing that he could possibly play for the Hurricanes next season? You probably have better odds of winning a million dollars on a scratch ticket. Twice.
              He's coming back to UNH for his sophomore year.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...-1/FOSSPORTS04
              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
                No, but may not stay in Durham for four years is all I am saying.

Comment

"UNH Players at 2013 NHL Development Camps"

Comment

Article updated to include Grayson Downing at the Chicago Blackhawks' Player Development Camp and Nick Sorkin at the Islanders' mini-camp.

Comment

Former UNH Wildcat Josh Ciocco takes assistant job with UAA.
                      http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-uaa-seawolves
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        Former UNH Wildcat Josh Ciocco takes assistant job with UAA.
                        http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-uaa-seawolves
                        Successor training sort of gig?

Comment

• Originally posted by Verkligen View Post
                          Successor training sort of gig?
                          Seems that successor training at the Div 1 or 3 level a bit closer to Durham might make more sense? But, best wishes to Josh at UAA; a nice opportunity for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Congratulations to Scott Pavelski, who graduated as Distinguished Scholar (GPA > 3.0) for all eight semesters that he attended UNH.

http://unhwildcats.com/releases/HE_AcademicTeam_201213
                            Pavelski also recently joined the coaching staff of his alma mater Waterloo Blackhawks.
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                              Pavelski also recently joined the coaching staff of his alma mater Waterloo Blackhawks.
                              This is the part of college hockey that I like: players who cannot make the pro ranks as players can stay involved in the game that they love, especially if they are smaht.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                This is the part of college hockey that I like: players who cannot make the pro ranks as players can stay involved in the game that they love, especially if they are smaht.
                                Perhaps he'll head up to Waverly, spending a bit of time at Joe's... (Member of the welcoming crew there in the early 90s.)

Booked a flight to Minnesota. Who else is headed out that way?

Comment

Working...
                                X