UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

VIDEO: Coach Umile, Connor Hardowa, and Brett Kostolansky preview UNH/Denver Northeast Regional Semifinal

Comment

• Originally posted by billb View Post
      I would definitely say you have a better chance of seeing God.
      I saw him. '09 vs the Sioux.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
        Tweet from Wildcat Army:
        "Looks like there will definitely be a bus for students from Durham. Let’s be loud & pack the student sections tight! #BeatDenver #UNHHockey"
        Good to see that athletics put up for a bus. I'm still skeptical that many students will be willing to pay the $32, especially if they have to get tix in person in Manchester (though I'm now hearing speculation that tix might be available at the Whitt).

Here is to being wrong again.
        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

As great as it would be to see UNH vs. UMass Lowell playing in the Regional Finals this weekend with a trip to Pittsburgh on the line, I gotta admit I'm predicting an all-WCHA Regional Final in ManchVegas. Both WCHA programs have FAR superior post-season histories than their respective HE opponents.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            As great as it would be to see UNH vs. UMass Lowell playing in the Regional Finals this weekend with a trip to Pittsburgh on the line, I gotta admit I'm predicting an all-WCHA Regional Final in ManchVegas. Both WCHA programs have FAR superior post-season histories than their respective HE opponents.
            So?

Unless Wisco is bringing back former players, I don't think their post-season success from 2, 4, 10 years ago will much impress the UML team - a very different team from 2, 4, 10 years ago.

Past playoff success from the name on the front of the sweater carries over little to the name on the back when the names change every four years.
            I haven't been on here in a year...
            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Maybe UML fans will hang around and root for us, assuming that they get past Bucky?
              A lot of BU fans hung around and rooted for us in '09 when we played North Dakota, probably because they didnt want to face ND.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Lowell had never beaten Maine or BU in any postseason series or single elimination game before this year. How'd that past history work out for them?
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                  A lot of BU fans hung around and rooted for us in '09 when we played North Dakota, probably because they didnt want to face ND.
                  Well, I can only speak for myself, but I hung around (and saw one of the best games ever) because I like to root for other Hockey East teams. (I feel another rant coming on...) And I'll say this also. I was in Albany in 2000 and rooted for BC against North Dakota. Yes, they're our biggest rival and I'll probably get annihilated for this, but I'd rather see the league win. Heaven knows we haven't won that many in the overall picture, especially against the WCHA. I never understood where the attitude came from that "I hate them, I'll NEVER root for them." I think if BU had played the Soviet Union the BC fans would have rooted for the Soviet Union. Besides, it was just fate that year - that 2009 BU team would have beaten North Dakota, South Dakota or Western Pluto. Didn't matter - it was meant to be for them. We were actually more afraid to play UNH, given that it was in Manchester. And as it turns out, the crowd was 80/20 for the Wildcats so playing them certainly wasn't easier than it would have been playing UND - but I was rooting for UNH anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Well, I can only speak for myself, but I hung around (and saw one of the best games ever) because I like to root for other Hockey East teams. (I feel another rant coming on...) And I'll say this also. I was in Albany in 2000 and rooted for BC against North Dakota. Yes, they're our biggest rival and I'll probably get annihilated for this, but I'd rather see the league win. Heaven knows we haven't won that many in the overall picture, especially against the WCHA. I never understood where the attitude came from that "I hate them, I'll NEVER root for them." I think if BU had played the Soviet Union the BC fans would have rooted for the Soviet Union. Besides, it was just fate that year - that 2009 BU team would have beaten North Dakota, South Dakota or Western Pluto. Didn't matter - it was meant to be for them. We were actually more afraid to play UNH, given that it was in Manchester. And as it turns out, the crowd was 80/20 for the Wildcats so playing them certainly wasn't easier than it would have been playing UND - but I was rooting for UNH anyway...
                    I am the same way. I always find myself rooting for Hockey East.

Comment

• Right on chick. I rooted for Maine when they beat LSSU. I also root for ECAC teams when they're not playing HEA teams.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        Right on chick. I rooted for Maine when they beat LSSU. I also root for ECAC teams when they're not playing HEA teams.
                        And it would be great to see them win in front of their home fans, who, regardless of the frustration (and I understand that) of some of the posters here, ALWAYS come out and support them. That place was going beserk in 2009- I remember it like it was yesterday. And I will admit it...BU was lucky. That whole run was...let's just say fate was on their side. They were a GREAT team (9 players in the NHL) but they didn't play as well as they should have at the end of that season.

Comment

Student tickets available at the Whitt box office - $10 for both days AND they are running a bus. WHITEOUT THE VERIZON!!
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Excellent! Chickod is right, the place was rockin' in 2009. It would be great to duplilcate.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                              So?

Unless Wisco is bringing back former players, I don't think their post-season success from 2, 4, 10 years ago will much impress the UML team - a very different team from 2, 4, 10 years ago..
                              Saw UML this weekend; they played very disciplined hockey, defenders looked fast (unlike BCs) and of course they won.

However, only 3 goals in two games? A bit worrisome.
                              Go Cats
                              Former HEA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by catsfan View Post
                                Saw UML this weekend; they played very disciplined hockey, defenders looked fast (unlike BCs) and of course they won.

However, only 3 goals in two games? A bit worrisome.
                                Only 1 goal allowed in 2 games? Not so worrisome.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X