UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

We have seen two of these teams already this season, and they us, so these games will be all about coaching, I think. And, I do have a really optimistic post a couple of pages back! No need for Krog, Haydar, and ghosts from years past. Just play team defense, stay out of the p box, and forget about fancy behind the back passing and throw everything at the next. All of these opposing goalies are beatable. Gillies is playing golf now. Go Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      We have seen two of these teams already this season, and they us, so these games will be all about coaching, I think. And, I do have a really optimistic post a couple of pages back! No need for Krog, Haydar, and ghosts from years past. Just play team defense, stay out of the p box, and forget about fancy behind the back passing and throw everything at the next. All of these opposing goalies are beatable. Gillies is playing golf now. Go Cats!!
      Can we petition to have Tortorella be "Coach for a Day" .....

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        All of these opposing goalies are beatable.
        I'll give Connor Hellebuyck the bad news.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          I'll give Connor Hellebuyck the bad news.
          This UNH fan would be happy just to get to where we had to play against Hellebuyck. That said I think any UNH fan would agree that we would rather UNH face anyone other than Gillies, even a hot Hellebuyck.
          Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post

Where is the impossible-to-stop offensive threat? Where's the Jason Krog or Darren Haydar? Where's the Ralph Cox? Where's the Clark-Hislop-Cox line, or the team that scored 247 goals in a single season? Where's the Rod Langway on defense?
            With all do respect snives, where did those guys get us? Don't get me wrong, they were great UNH players and I saw them all live and they were all gifted. They did not get us to the promised land though.

Did this UNH team hobble down the stretch? Ya. So what? Michigan, Providence, even BU got hot toward the end of the RS. Where did that get them? This team has a lot of balance with no real go to guy I agree but that does not worry me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNH won both these games going away. That said, it wouldn't surprise me either if they go one and done. That's why they play the games, right?
            Last edited by e.cat; 03-24-2013, 05:30 PM.
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNH won both these games going away.
              No chance.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me either if they go one and done.
              Chance.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                No chance.

Chance.
                Hopefully it won't be left to chance

Comment

On the NCAA.com site:

Fri. Mar. 29 NCAA West Regional ESPNU 2 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Fri. Mar. 29 NCAA Northeast Regional TBD 4:30 p.m.
                  Fri. Mar. 29 NCAA West Regional ESPNU 5:30 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Fri. Mar. 29 NCAA Northeast Regional ESPNU 8 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Sat. Mar. 30 NCAA Midwest Regional TBD 1:30 p.m.
                  Sat. Mar. 30 NCAA West Reg. Final ESPNU 4 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Sat. Mar. 30 NCAA Midwest Regional TBD 5 p.m.
                  Sat. Mar. 30 NCAA East Regional TBD 5:30 p.m.
                  Sat. Mar. 30 NCAA Northeast Reg. Final ESPNU 6:30 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Sat. Mar. 30 NCAA East Regional ESPNU 9 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Sun. Mar. 31 NCAA Midwest Reg. Final ESPNU 4 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Sun. Mar. 31 NCAA East Reg. Final ESPNU 6:30 p.m. 208 / 141
                  Thu. Apr. 11 NCAA Semifinal ESPN2 4:30 p.m. 209 / 144
                  Thu. Apr. 11 NCAA Semifinal ESPN2 8 p.m. 209 / 144
                  Sat. Apr. 13 NCAA Championship ESPN 7 p.m. 206 / 140

Comment

With all do respect snives, where did those guys get us? Don't get me wrong, they were great UNH players and I saw them all live and they were all gifted. They did not get us to the promised land though.
                    Well I'd give them a few points for two national championship games, and an overtime loss in one of them.

I'll call it a wash the next time we're a single shot away from an NCAA title.

As I said, I enjoy pulling for all our teams regardless, and always have.

Comment

So, here's a chance for the first half / second half thing to work for us ... the first half against Dever, not so good, second half, muy bueno! Sixty minutes of second half Denver hockey.

Go 'Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                        I hope that UNH has a dedicated student section so they can make some noise.
                        Don't get your hopes up.

Last I heard, athletics isn't offering a fan bus, and while there is a $32 student package, it can only be picked up in Manchester by Thursday. Good luck finding many students willing to pay that much, let alone drive to Manchester to get tix. Few are willing to pay just $5 for the regular season games in Manchester, which they can get right at the Whitt.

Plus, since at least 2001-2002, UNH never seems to put their tickets in blocks whether at the Fleece Center or in Manchester. They'll group opposing fans together, but scatter our own allotment around the arena.
                        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNH won both these games going away.
                          I would definitely say you have a better chance of seeing God.
                          "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                          Larry David

Comment

• Originally posted by billb View Post
                            I would definitely say you have a better chance of seeing God.

I already saw him and he said you were going to he11

Comment

• Originally posted by freak View Post
                              Don't get your hopes up.

Last I heard, athletics isn't offering a fan bus, and while there is a $32 student package, it can only be picked up in Manchester by Thursday. Good luck finding many students willing to pay that much, let alone drive to Manchester to get tix. Few are willing to pay just $5 for the regular season games in Manchester, which they can get right at the Whitt.

Plus, since at least 2001-2002, UNH never seems to put their tickets in blocks whether at the Fleece Center or in Manchester. They'll group opposing fans together, but scatter our own allotment around the arena.
                              Maybe UML fans will hang around and root for us, assuming that they get past Bucky?

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                                Don't get your hopes up.

Tweet from Wildcat Army:
                                "Looks like there will definitely be a bus for students from Durham. Let’s be loud & pack the student sections tight! #BeatDenver #UNHHockey"

Comment

Working...
                                X