Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Harvard bball gets first ncaa tournament win and they're going to have a parade. And we're complaining about what? Just sayin'......
    Give me a break! Does Harvard basketball compete for the top/elite recruits? When was the last time they were ranked #1 in the nation? Top 5? Top 10? Do their fans have any reasonable expectations of competing for a national title? Do they play in a top conference? Talk about apples and oranges......this is more like grape Jello and Grape-Nuts.
    Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
      Please google the words complaisant and complacent. They have different meanings. Complaisant means cheerfully obliging while complacent means self-satisfied or smug.
      Well I wouldn't say that's the case, either. You make it sound as though I'm an automaton who just goes along with everything. All I said was I don't boo. That doesn't mean I can't voice my displeasure in other ways.

But enough of this...we're getting nowhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
        Give me a break! Does Harvard basketball compete for the top/elite recruits? When was the last time they were ranked #1 in the nation? Top 5? Top 10? Do their fans have any reasonable expectations of competing for a national title? Do they play in a top conference? Talk about apples and oranges......this is more like grape Jello and Grape-Nuts.
        Actually Harvard brings in a few Top 100 recruits every few years and have out recruited major programs for players like Keith Wright who was kicked out of school in that cheating scandal
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Actually Harvard brings in a few Top 100 recruits every few years and have out recruited major programs for players like Keith Wright who was kicked out of school in that cheating scandal
          And this is the best they've done??? FIRE TOMMY AMAKER!!!!!!
          Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Back to back NCAA appearances and won a game in the tourney without his best two players not shabby!

Still waiting on UNH to make the NCAA tourney for once
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
              Please google the words complaisant and complacent. They have different meanings. Complaisant means cheerfully obliging while complacent means self-satisfied or smug.
              I stand corrected. Esoteric cogitation can be onerous
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

In the we are not alone department, check out yesterday's WCHA results. # 6 in the USCHO poll ND with 2 Hobey finalists, lost to not in the top 20 CC. # 8 MN ST laid an egg, allowing more goals than in any game this season, 3 in the first 8 minutes.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

1. Sometimes
                  2. I don't know
                  3. I don't know
                  4. I don't know
                  5. I don't know
                  6. No

The discussion is somewhat relevant though I think. Not totally apples and oranges!

Comment

Originally posted by theoceanblue View Post
                    I've felt for the last decade that this program is in decline. Both Maine and New Hampshire will be totally irrelevant 2-3 years from now. Not sure that matters anyway as the rest of the country other than New England and the upper Midwest really cares about college hockey anyways.
                    Didn't Ferris St make the finals last year. How can UNH and Maine not be able to compete with Ferris St.?
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      In the we are not alone department, check out yesterday's WCHA results. # 6 in the USCHO poll ND with 2 Hobey finalists, lost to not in the top 20 CC. # 8 MN ST laid an egg, allowing more goals than in any game this season, 3 in the first 8 minutes.
                      Ya. UNH jumped up to 7t in the pairwise.

Comment

or ND dropped below us.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

LOL. Ya fire the baastad

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            or ND dropped below us.
                            Well, you're either ahead or you're a behind(arse)

Comment

Well, gotta go for a bit. My wife is off to England today to see my daughter and I have to go print her boarding pass. Be cool peeps

Comment

Actually, looks like we fell to 9th in practical terms.

SCSU and somebody else moved ahead while NoDak was falling.
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X