Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Heard a certain tune at PC a few times over the weekend... (theoretical) racists!

I know Marty was there on Friday, not sure about Saturday or Sunday.
    Jeezus ... who got ahold of the video of my HS graduation party at the WIS Estate?????
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Marty was there all weekend...I saw Steve Metcalf also on Sunday
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I will note for all the crap I give the UNH PP that TvR off net "shot" tipped in from Downing's backhand at the goal line was awesome. If you can do that regularly you are going to score a bunch of goals. Nobody stops those at any level. Russian's made a living off those plays for decades. The issue is having the precision to pull it off regularly. Downing and TvR are a couple of talented players - even though this roster is light on talent those two would have recieved palying time on the 1998-2004 teams (TVR more so).
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Marty was there all weekend...I saw Steve Metcalf also on Sunday
          who?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            who?
            He was associate athletic director, not sure of his current title. Was on the NCAA committee for women's ice hockey for several years, back when UNH was still relevant in that sport...
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              who?
              Associate AD at unh Steve Metcalf
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Associate AD at unh Steve Metcalf
                Supah doopah

Comment

[QUOTE=unh1982;5677238]well thats without saying .... if you have been unh fan long enough you speak in code .... when you throw in the towel they will surprise you and pull a rabbit out of the hat .. yes they will probably win the first. Than suck me in to paying $ 35 and watching them lose the next day..... have been down the road to many times ....

Be strong and don't succumb to the siren song of a good win in the first game. At my son's urging, I fell for that in Albany a few years ago after watching the Cats dismantle Cornell in the first game on television. Drive out to Albany, walk up and buy two tickets, enjoy a great and thorough heckling by the hundreds of RIT fans lined up waiting to enter the Times Union Center and then subsequently watch UNH get run through the proverbial wood chipper for the next 60 minutes of hockey. Drive back 3 hours. Season over. Oh well, nobody to blame but myself. Do I sound too cynical?

Comment

[QUOTE=skyraider0609;5678814]
                    Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                    At my son's urging, I fell for that in Albany a few years ago after watching the Cats dismantle Cornell in the first game on television. Drive out to Albany, walk up and buy two tickets, enjoy a great and thorough heckling by the hundreds of RIT fans lined up waiting to enter the Times Union Center and then subsequently watch UNH get run through the proverbial wood chipper for the next 60 minutes of hockey. Drive back 3 hours. Season over. Oh well, nobody to blame but myself. Do I sound too cynical?
                    If I change "son" to "wife" (also an alum) I could tell your tale as my own.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Not that that's keeping me away from Manchester. You never know when the next NoDak miracle will occur (Aerman=sucker).
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Or you could just be a fan and cheer on your team. If that's too hard maybe it's time to get a new team. I've been to almost every game in the last 10+ seasons and I have seen a lot of wins and more than my fair share of heart breaking losses, but I don't whine and complain. These boys play their hearts out. They aren't coming into these games saying lets screw the fans and ger their hopes up just to crush them the next day. Try cheering on your team instead of ripping them apart.
                        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                          Or you could just be a fan and cheer on your team. If that's too hard maybe it's time to get a new team. I've been to almost every game in the last 10+ seasons and I have seen a lot of wins and more than my fair share of heart breaking losses, but I don't whine and complain. These boys play their hearts out. They aren't coming into these games saying lets screw the fans and ger their hopes up just to crush them the next day. Try cheering on your team instead of ripping them apart.
                          That would be to easy for some people to do, they just have to whine and think every lost is something the team is doing just to aggravate them and its all about them. Would we all like them to win it all, of course. Well maybe not all I am sure some people wouldn't be happy, what would they have to complain about on line? Funny just hear about the losses, never hear about a #4 seed in 2011 beating a #1 seed Miami, or the 2009 North Dakota game and the great game the next day against BU, still one of the best played college games I have seen. I say if you are so convinced they are going to loss then don't show up in Manchester or bother watching at all. I for one will be there actually cheering and hoping for a couple of wins, after all they do play the games on the ice not the internet. I for one will wait till the season is over to what kind of year it is, but leaning towards a positive one. All these people whining poor me the team is going to lose and make my life miserable, I would like to know what you thought this team was going to be at the beginning of the year? I am sure you didn’t think of them as a #2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tourney. Did we get spoiled in the first half of the year, yes we did but I know I enjoyed the ride. Now I will sit back and enjoy the ride when the real season begins in 2 weeks, after all you never know what is going to happen, no matter how much you think you do, you don’t!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                            That would be to easy for some people to do, they just have to whine and think every lost is something the team is doing just to aggravate them and its all about them. Would we all like them to win it all, of course. Well maybe not all I am sure some people wouldn't be happy, what would they have to complain about on line? Funny just hear about the losses, never hear about a #4 seed in 2011 beating a #1 seed Miami, or the 2009 North Dakota game and the great game the next day against BU, still one of the best played college games I have seen. I say if you are so convinced they are going to loss then don't show up in Manchester or bother watching at all. I for one will be there actually cheering and hoping for a couple of wins, after all they do play the games on the ice not the internet. I for one will wait till the season is over to what kind of year it is, but leaning towards a positive one. All these people whining poor me the team is going to lose and make my life miserable, I would like to know what you thought this team was going to be at the beginning of the year? I am sure you didn’t think of them as a #2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tourney. Did we get spoiled in the first half of the year, yes we did but I know I enjoyed the ride. Now I will sit back and enjoy the ride when the real season begins in 2 weeks, after all you never know what is going to happen, no matter how much you think you do, you don’t!!
                            Big key rite side a da keybord in da middle, it say enter on it, go aheads et geeve it a try to see if it work

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                              ... a #4 seed in 2011 beating a #1 seed Miami, or the 2009 North Dakota game and the great game the next day against BU, still one of the best played college games I have seen. I say if you are so convinced they are going to loss then don't show up in Manchester...
                              In '11 I inadvertently (best available) sat in the Miami section. THAT was some disappointment to behold. '09 was BIG exciting fun. BU had something supernatural going that year. They couldn't lose, it was hard to be upset. As for '13 , just having 4 good college hockey teams in a local tournament is a great thing. The 'cats being there is a bonus, not a given. It would have been a different story if hosting last year.

Many years when on top of our game we can beat any team in the country. Not quite this year, big difference is when on top of our game we can lose to any team in the country.

The "Fire..." thread is frustrating to read, but I refuse to comment over there, for now at least.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                                agree and like your post
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X