X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

"...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

This could be a very short thread (hope I'm wrong, though).
    Norwich and UNH fan.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCC93 View Post
      This could be a very short thread (hope I'm wrong, though).
      Wasn't sure of the proper naming scheme, last thread (which auto-locked) was "UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread". I sure as hell didn't want to put "and offseason thread" at the end of it.
      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        Wasn't sure of the proper naming scheme, last thread (which auto-locked) was "UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread". I sure as hell didn't want to put "and offseason thread" at the end of it.
        Thoughtfully and appropriately named... And hopefully long-lived.

Comment

While we are all worried about the trip to the Coffin this weekend, at least get a laugh out of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUkKO...ature=youtu.be

Gotta love Minnesota...
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

My preview for SBNation of the Hockey East quarterfinal series between Providence and UNH.

http://sbn.to/16wbSwZ
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Win or lose today, good to know the 2013 'cats can win a big game.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Despite the dreadful second half, UNH is in the NCAA's, looking like they will be either a 2 or 3 seed in Manchester (no scenarios shake out that they will be a 1 or 4 according to the PWR/Bracketology thread)...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  Despite the dreadful second half, UNH is in the NCAA's, looking like they will be either a 2 or 3 seed in Manchester (no scenarios shake out that they will be a 1 or 4 according to the PWR/Bracketology thread)...
                  yes but they will lose the first game regardless of who they play ( even r.i.t )

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                    yes but they will lose the first game regardless of who they play ( even r.i.t )
                    you don't say
                    or, they'll unexpectedly win the first game and get people's hopes up and lose embarrassingly in the second game.

Comment

you don't say
                      or, they'll unexpectedly win the first game and get people's hopes up and lose embarrassingly in the second game.
                      well thats without saying .... if you have been unh fan long enough you speak in code .... when you throw in the towel they will surprise you and pull a rabbit out of the hat .. yes they will probably win the first. Than suck me in to paying $ 35 and watching them lose the next day..... have been down the road to many times ....

we should have a thread "how is it possable that a team can have a losing record after xmas and still qualify for a number 2 seed perhaps ", wow. Yes I know why but cmon they should be like 25 in the power.... had this been the old system giving credence to the last 15 games unh wouldnt even be sniffing manchester in two weeks .

Comment

you don't say
                        This seems the most likely scenario. Although what might be more gut wrenching is to actually get to the Frozen 4 and then lose 8-0...

I would agree UNH is either a low 2 or most likely a 3 seed. I can't see any way of getting UNH lower than 11th. That involved a bunch of tournament winners to jump UNH leaving essentially now automatic qualifiers left to bump the last at large teams out.

UNH seems to benefit from some dumb luck. The combination of Michigan and CC took out Western and Denver making those 2 stuck behind UNH. Then MSU-M, St Cloud and Wisco are all in the same side of the WCHA conference tournament making it so only 1 can jump UNH. A bunch of little stuff combined with a strong first half makes this 3-5-5 team in the last 13 get in.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          UNH seems to benefit from some dumb luck. The combination of Michigan and CC took out Western and Denver making those 2 stuck behind UNH. Then MSU-M, St Cloud and Wisco are all in the same side of the WCHA conference tournament making it so only 1 can jump UNH. A bunch of little stuff combined with a strong first half makes this 3-5-5 team in the last 13 get in.
                          MI is on a roll, could easily win the CCHA tournament. Quinnipiac looks vulnerable for a potential ECAC upset. Atlantic might send 2 teams. If ALL worst case scenarios play out we are probably still a 3.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

My biggest frustration with this team is the sloppy play. 1st Providence goal was a clear mistake. Either Henrion or Knodel didn't do there job and clearly didn't communicate as both ended up covering the lesser threat leaving a man alone going to the top of the crease.

Also looking at those PP numbers from Providence why wasn't there a change by the UNH coaching staff. UNH has been great of the PK against everybody but Providence and in general Providence has had a marginal PP except against UNH. Don't you think that would cause you to change something up on the PK at least put something in practice during the week to have in you back pocket. I like the pressure PK too but maybe a more passive box would work against PC.
                            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Heard a certain tune at PC a few times over the weekend... (theoretical) racists!

I know Marty was there on Friday, not sure about Saturday or Sunday.
                              Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                              X