X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wildcatdc
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Coming back to the States for a bit to catch the Icebreaker in Minny and our home openers v. Michigan.

Anybody going to be in Minneapolis? I'd be glad to host a pre-game session or two. Got my tix on StubHub for both days.

Leave a comment:

• UNHhockey29
    replied
    Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    Anyone receive their tickets yet?
    I believe they were mailed Friday. So you should see them this week.

Leave a comment:

• GoUNH
    replied

Anyone receive their tickets yet?

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Just received this email from UNH Alumni Office:

In just over a month, the puck will drop and another UNH men's hockey season will begin. With a home schedule that includes powerhouses like Michigan and Notre Dame and new season ticket pricing, there has never been a better year to be a season ticket holder. To purchase season tickets click here, or call 603-862-4000, extension 5 and a Whittemore Center Arena Box Office representative will be more than happy to answer all of your questions.

Some of our season ticket holder benefits include:
    • Guaranteed savings of $5 per game on an individual ticket price and $100 for the season if tickets were purchased individually. Season ticket holders pay less than $20 per game.
    • Ability to forward, re-sell and exchange your season tickets online via "My Wildcat Account Manager" for games you cannot attend.
    • Ability to purchase additional individual game tickets before the general public, and at a discount.
    For the complete list of season ticket holder benefits click here.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Originally posted by sonar View Post
    ........ and the replacement will be?
    Cap Raeder

Leave a comment:

• 603Wildcats
    replied

Lines for the start of the year:

27 28 9
    10 18 17
    19 21 16
    13 23 24

6 22
    5 2
    12 7

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Only 39 days until the Wolverines arrive for two at Lake Whitt.

Leave a comment:

• sonar
    replied

........ and the replacement will be?

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

UNH goalie coach Mike Buckley named goalie development coach for the Pittsburgh Penguins:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...t-twt-penguins

Leave a comment:

• WIrinkrat
    replied

Goumas-Downing-Kelleher
    Speelman-Sorkin-Correale
    Thrush-Silengo-Hill
    Willows-Camper-Gaudreault
    Bourque-Smith-MacDonald

TvR-Pesce
    Knodel-Cleland
    Agosta-Maller
    Quast-Randall

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

We are on the same page. I think you will see more of the returning 1-4 but I doubt you will see a 5-6 pair with 2 inexperienced D-men particularly at the start of the year. To kick off the season you need to get those inexperienced guys up to speed in the lowest risk situation and I have a hard time seeing that as out together.

Instead at critical parts of the game you will likely see a short bench.

Leave a comment:

• CrazedUNHfan
    replied

Originally posted by JB View Post
    I think you had a fairly good guess. I always hope to see a fair amount of shuffling until mid January anyway. I think it keeps things fresh, allows for player growth and is insurance against injury.

However I am not high on you D pairs. I can't see the 3 pair being that inexperienced. I think you will see the 2 new D-men mixed into the 2nd and 3rd pairing. Even if the bench get short from time to time.
    I thought about that too but to me it seemed like the top 4 defencman on the team are significantly more talented than the other 4. I felt like the thinning our d corps would negatively affect the play of whoever we put on out with Quast or Cleland. I think that Pesce, TVR, Knodel, and even Agosta deserve over 20 minutes of ice time a game and in order to give them that ice time with some consistency I think we would need to load up the top four.

This is in no way anything against our bottom 4 defenseman. I just think that the talent and experience in our top 4 needs to be utilized in order for us to win. I think that Quast and the 2 freshman will get a lot of valuable experience and will be important on the bottom pair and can take some of the pressure of the top 4 and allow the top them to be able to play more aggressively and dictate matchups.

As for Randall he seems like a hometown boy that was willing to take the fact that he possibly wont play in order to get a roster spot on his favorite college hockey team. He had one good year in the EJHL after failing to make it as a forward. He is a feel good story but I don't see any future for him on the team. Hopefully he is fine with that and can be a good practice body.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Originally posted by CrazedUNHfan View Post
    TVR Agosta More of a stay at home defenseman with TVR while he can help create offense
    Knodel Pesche Both are strong defensively and are more hybrid players that can feed off each other
    Quast Cleland Cleland put up big offensive numbers in the USHL and if Quast has gotten faster that can be a reliable pairing
    I think you had a fairly good guess. I always hope to see a fair amount of shuffling until mid January anyway. I think it keeps things fresh, allows for player growth and is insurance against injury.

However I am not high on you D pairs. I can't see the 3 pair being that inexperienced. I think you will see the 2 new D-men mixed into the 2nd and 3rd pairing. Even if the bench get short from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied

Originally posted by CrazedUNHfan View Post
    I am thinking this to start:
    Goumas Downing Willows Liked Willows and Goumas together at end of season and I think that Goumas and Downing will do great together just like they do 4v4

Speelman Sorkin Correale Speelman are good enough defensively to make up for Sorkin and I think that Sorkin and Correale will be very strong offensively

Thrush Silengo Kelleher Gives Kelleher some fast players with talent to work with until he is ready to jump to the top line part way through the year

Gaudreault Camper MacDonald Solid defensively and has a chance to score some goals. That's all you can ask from a 4th line.

When Kelleher shows he is ready I would move him up to the first line and drop Willows to the 3rd line

TVR Agosta More of a stay at home defenseman with TVR while he can help create offense
    Knodel Pesche Both are strong defensively and are more hybrid players that can feed off each other
    Quast Cleland Cleland put up big offensive numbers in the USHL and if Quast has gotten faster that can be a reliable pairing
    Like these line combos.

I'm curious though...does anyone know where Ryan Randall fits in Umile's defensive pairing schemes? I mean he's a junior and has yet to skate one shift. Meanwhile, talented d-men are being recruited for '14 and '15, presumably to replace current players who or may not be leaving early.

Leave a comment:

• CrazedUNHfan
    replied

I am thinking this to start:
    Goumas Downing Willows Liked Willows and Goumas together at end of season and I think that Goumas and Downing will do great together just like they do 4v4

Speelman Sorkin Correale Speelman are good enough defensively to make up for Sorkin and I think that Sorkin and Correale will be very strong offensively

Thrush Silengo Kelleher Gives Kelleher some fast players with talent to work with until he is ready to jump to the top line part way through the year

Gaudreault Camper MacDonald Solid defensively and has a chance to score some goals. That's all you can ask from a 4th line.

When Kelleher shows he is ready I would move him up to the first line and drop Willows to the 3rd line

Last edited by CrazedUNHfan; 08-12-2013, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X