UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Since the school year is ending soon and the coaches probably have more available time- why don't you sit down with the powers to be and tell them your plan. I am sure you know him well don't you?

Comment

I read that the Maine job is going to go to Tortorella or Yale's assitant Red Gendron... What does this mean for UNH? Tortorella has done a good job with the defenseman, but I wouldnt mind seeing a younger face...

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
        I read that the Maine job is going to go to Tortorella or Yale's assitant Red Gendron... What does this mean for UNH? Tortorella has done a good job with the defenseman, but I wouldnt mind seeing a younger face...
        Where did you read anything more than that those two had interviewed so far?

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
          Where did you read anything more than that those two had interviewed so far?
          http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/0...for-maine-job/

Comment

If hes already interviewed Id just think it is an indication that he has a good chance to get the job---thats all.

Comment

Considering that there are more than likely going to be 3 or 4 other people that will interview for the job, it seems like a bit of a stretch to say that one of those two guys WILL get the job which is what you said the first time. Now you're saying "good chance" which is still a stretch when you dont even know who the other candidates are. Possibly might be the best word to use.

Ask Maine fans what their thoughts are on the thoroughness of Larry Mahoney's reporting and it should go a long way towards telling you what you should do with this article...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                You live up there ferchrissakes, Snively65. You could probably hear the rocks falling from your back yard.

For the rest of us, the bad news arrived when turning on the Channel 9 news later that morning ...
                Chuck, funny that you mention that, as I was picking up some stuff at UNH that morning and then drove north on Rt. 16 to teach a weekend geology course for the Mount Washington Observatory in North Conway, instead driving Rt. 93 and the parkway through Franconia Notch as usual from Thornton. If I had been driving to North Conway from Thornton, I may have been the first person instead of a state park employee to see the Old Man missing around 8 am. Instead, I thought that a couple of the students in the course were pulling my leg on Saturday afternoon when they asked what my alternative plan was for our Old Man geology stop on Sunday. I played along with what they supposedly heard on the radio until I saw all of the commotion at Profile Lake on way back to Thornton on Saturday evening. On Sunday afternoon, WMUR was still at Profile Lake, so I found myself being interviewed, leading to some friends in Seattle calling me later that night about picking up my words on their ABC affiliate out there. But, having watched Thomas Vanek ruin my trip to Buffalo almost exactly four weeks earlier, you make a good point about a probable explanation for the long dry spell without a return visit to the FF for the Wildcats.

Comment

http://deadspin.com/infographic-is-y...a-co-489635228
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Is anyone else appalled by the amateurish new logos being considered by UNH? [apparently it is given that there needs to be a new logo]

Friends,

UNH campusUniversity Communications and Marketing has been working on a new visual identity for the University to replace the rendering of the Thompson Hall tower that has been in use as a logo for more than a decade. The new design will support a larger effort to create a stronger brand identity for UNH in New Hampshire, the New England states, and nationwide. It will more aptly represent an institution with three campuses and many online offerings, and it will eventually be incorporated into the University’s comprehensive campaign. UCM is working with the renowned design firm Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv of New York on this effort.

Based on feedback from UNH students, alumni volunteer leaders, faculty and staff, we have narrowed the field to three options. The purpose of this email is to enlist your thoughts on their relative strengths. Below you will find a link to a video presentation that the design firm created. Please watch the presentation here:

vimeo.com/65761467
                    Password: unhlogo

The presentation will only be available until noon on May 17.

After watching, please share your thoughts with me at nh.logos@unh.edu.

Thank you for your help. This is an exciting time at UNH and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark W. Huddleston
                    President
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Those logos are awful!
                      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                        Those logos are awful!
                        Agree! Yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                          Those logos are awful!
                          Absolutely brutal. They probably spent tens of thousands of dollars on this design firm who handed it off to their kids' kindergarten class. Leave the t-hall logo alone and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                            Those logos are awful!
                            My first impression as well. I warmed to them after watching the entire presentation. Given that a change is coming and these are the options, my order of preference is: 1 (simple, with visual depth), 3 (unique, conversation starter), 2 (too busy, would like to see with top most horizontal bar removed).
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              My first impression as well. I warmed to them after watching the entire presentation. Given that a change is coming and these are the options, my order of preference is: 1 (simple, with visual depth), 3 (unique, conversation starter), 2 (too busy, would like to see with top most horizontal bar removed).
                              I think the first one is the best of the awful designs, the third one looks like something done in arts and crafts. The second one is just....embarrassing.

Seriously, there's no need to change, but if they do, I hope they re-consider other options.

Comment

Did all you guys write and tell them they all suck! I asked them why we can't use our athletic image, the Cats Face, in their same progressions. Look at Wisconsin, Michigan, North Dakota...all use their athletic image for all their signage!! I agree guys but how does it come down to us having to accept their 3 offerings?
                                On another front, given the D-1 Softball playoff layout, how is it we always talk about the hockey seedlings for the NCAAs and how money decides who plays whom, when they have some 32 teams playing all over the place! Seems a bit lopsided no?

Comment

Working...
                                X