Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Student tickets available at the Whitt box office - $10 for both days AND they are running a bus. WHITEOUT THE VERIZON!!
    That's great to hear! Hopefully, the place will be packed with wildcat fans! Here is an article supporting Cloud 9's info:
    http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...20130325etqo0z

Looks like they're trying a "White Out Manchester"

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
      That's great to hear! Hopefully, the place will be packed with wildcat fans! Here is an article supporting Cloud 9's info:
      http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...20130325etqo0z

Looks like they're trying a "White Out Manchester"
      would be nice ,last couple of trips to manchester was dismal with students attending , like the idea of white out , makes it more of a home game environment.

Comment

Found this today, first time I've heard the UNH radio feed from the '09 Miracle in Manchester. Its awesome, gave me goosebumps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLdXLO35rhM

Comment

Originally posted by catsfan View Post
          Saw UML this weekend; they played very disciplined hockey, defenders looked fast (unlike BCs) and of course they won.

However, only 3 goals in two games? A bit worrisome.
          Yeah. My point was just that past success of a team, comprised of different players, does not translate into future success of the same team with different players.
          I haven't been on here in a year...
          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            A lot of BU fans hung around and rooted for us in '09 when we played North Dakota, probably because they didnt want to face ND.
            Well I would hope that the BU fans stuck around for the second game back in 2009, since that is when the Terriers played. UNH-ND was the early game, BU-OSU was the late one.
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Nice post. Don't think I have heard the home radio broadcast before.

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              Found this today, first time I've heard the UNH radio feed from the '09 Miracle in Manchester. Its awesome, gave me goosebumps!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post

Awesome never heard the radio feed of it. Still gives me chills. Good thing there was no one in the 2 rows in front of me as jumped over both rows when they tied it up what a great weekend of hockey that was

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  Well I would hope that the BU fans stuck around for the second game back in 2009, since that is when the Terriers played. UNH-ND was the early game, BU-OSU was the late one.
                  I stand corrected. BU fans still cheered for UNH. Thanks.
                  Last edited by GoUNH; 03-25-2013, 04:29 PM. Reason: just because.

Comment

Just caught up on the last 2 pages and feel great! That's the fan base that we should be...love the name drops Snively, just saw Paul Powers, Peter Noonan with Bertagna in nets last week! I agree this team has no "superstar" and like Snively65 said, a strong defensive game along the lines of Lowell's game Saturday will win these games...but that means DeSmith has to emulate UML's goalie (name?)
                    We can beat these teams we all know that...hopefully the Wildcats believe in themselves as well!

Comment

And FYI, I somehow can not bring myself to root for BC...ever!

Comment

Any word if UNH has selected a pre-game "headquarters" (bar) for Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          But the point is we came EARLY to cheer for you!

Comment

By the way...here's a totally off the wall question. When we were (much) younger, my uncle (who graduated from UNH) use to take us to this restaurant on the UNH campus called "New England Center." We would go once a year, sometime around Thanksgiving. I heard that it is not there anymore. I'm just wondering if anyone knew what happened to it?

Comment

The New England Center was a hotel for the Yankee Conference schools...just a nice little hotel for conference and alumni. Had a big restaurant in it that did great Sunday brunches! Why they ended it instead of letting the business school run it or something like that who knows but you know money was the key!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                                The New England Center was a hotel for the Yankee Conference schools...just a nice little hotel for conference and alumni. Had a big restaurant in it that did great Sunday brunches! Why they ended it instead of letting the business school run it or something like that who knows but you know money was the key!
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X