Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    It makes total sense that BC/BU are the late game for television ratings. Just sucks for me because I was hoping to take the train with my 8 year old daughter but the only train option home leaves at 11. Thats not NESN's problem, its mine. Guess we'll be driving into town.
    lowest seed always plays early game , ie , more sleep...

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
      Not necessarily. The game doesn't start until 4:40 p.m. All Providence has to do is win, as you said yourself re: other teams. They're not done until they lose a game.
      I was going to say, I didn't realize PC forfeited.
      There was a subtle prediction in there...

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing this game go multiple OTs just so it can mess up charlie moore or whatever else nesn has scheduled. I remember pc beating bu in ot and uml winning at unh in game threes that were televised but in recent years, I don't think nesn has done it. So I'll give them some credit...hopefully they do it more going forward.

My money is on pc today...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Wouldn't mind seeing this game go multiple OTs just so it can mess up charlie moore or whatever else nesn has scheduled. I remember pc beating bu in ot and uml winning at unh in game threes that were televised but in recent years, I don't think nesn has done it. So I'll give them some credit...hopefully they do it more going forward.

My money is on pc today...
          Yeah, not sure but it seemed as though this was scheduled "in advance," whereas in other years they may have done an occasional game 3 if it was compelling and if they didn't have a schedule conflict. I also think that's why the game is at 4:30. I say that because the Bruins were at 1:30 and the Red Sox are at 8:00.

Besides, don't you like fishing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
            ..... There are just so many permutations and factors involved that right now, I'm rooting for you guys to be tired for Friday night.
            If this game runs until Thursday, well I don't think Mookie can watch the whole thing
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

See I don't get this view. PC had something for which to play. UNH had all the excuses it needed to blow it, because they have that safety net. Plus... It's UNH. Should anybody expect any different?
              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                See I don't get this view. PC had something for which to play. UNH had all the excuses it needed to blow it, because they have that safety net. Plus... It's UNH. Should anybody expect any different?
                I was just figuring out how unh would give the game away.... now its got two weeks to prepare for JUST ONE MORE GAME and than " wait till next year "

Comment

No one picked up on the They Might Be Giants lyric? We need to get CBG back on this board. Hopefully, we can get a rematch at some point, but PC has some work to do...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

one thing about following unh that makes it so interesting...they'll make the field of 16 for the national championship and yet feel like they've got longer odds than the other D1 programs that DIDN'T make the field. wait until next year? wait until next coach...

Comment

I hate to introduce some optimism into this thread for UNH, but losing to PC on the road in a close three game series when you're already guaranteed a spot in Manchester isn't exactly the end of the world. It's a good test in preparation for an NCAA game and you get to rest next weekend. Now, I'm not saying UNH will take advantage of it, but it could be a lot worse. You could be Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        No one picked up on the They Might Be Giants lyric? We need to get CBG back on this board. Hopefully, we can get a rematch at some point, but PC has some work to do...
                        ahhhh. nobody got yer joke

nobody in the world ever gets what they want, and that is beautiful
                        everybody dies frustrated inside, and that is beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I hate to introduce some optimism into this thread for UNH, but losing to PC on the road in a close three game series when you're already guaranteed a spot in Manchester isn't exactly the end of the world. It's a good test in preparation for an NCAA game and you get to rest next weekend. Now, I'm not saying UNH will take advantage of it, but it could be a lot worse. You could be Maine.
                          Actually, on the NESN post game show, Connolly was running through national picture and said the only 2 locks in HE at the moment are UML and BC. He has UNH in there but only barely as things could still happen that could keep them out of the NCAAs. The next week is going to be fun.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            Actually, on the NESN post game show, Connolly was running through national picture and said the only 2 locks in HE at the moment are UML and BC. He has UNH in there but only barely as things could still happen that could keep them out of the NCAAs. The next week is going to be fun.
                            well.... if
                            pc/bu
                            michigan/ferris/osu
                            wisconsin/cc/uno
                            uconn/mercyhurst
                            cornell/brown
                            win that means 5 teams get dumped from the current top 16/bubble.

Comment

Working...
                            X