Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH at PC for best two of three : If it wasn't for disappointments...

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    Indeed it would be, I wouldn't mind seeing that but would prefer it in the championship game.

Also, shouldn't your sig be UNH Wildcats: Winners, 2XXX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship?
    Notice is says "Championship" as opposed to "Champions"

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
      I saw some chatter that NESN decides which actual time slot the teams play in. Did anybody clarify that and if its true, I'm thinking NESN will opt for BU/BC for the late game. Which IF UNH wins today, puts a serious damper on my chances of attending the game since I work in VT all week
      Already been decided. UML plays at 5 and BC/BU play late game. I am ok with this due to some intangibles with playing at 5.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Also, while we have the Alliance with PC, my current rooting is to keep UML in Manchester. That means that UML and UNH can't finish 1/4 or 2/3. There are just so many permutations and factors involved that right now, I'm rooting for you guys to be tired for Friday night.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

So make sure you guys go at least one full OT and get yourselves nice and worn out for us. Thanks!
          Well, if that happens today, I'd say that the 5 days between now and Friday will be enough rest for UNH.
          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Well Felger, now UNH has to prove us right!
            Feeling even better about our chances today, just saw that Hokydad picked PC.

I just think that this is where UNH's experience comes into play...they went through a 3 game series last year...plus win or lose they know they are playing again in 2 weeks....PC is young and I just think their mental state must be pretty fragile right now after missed opportunities at home on consecutive Saturdays...and as great as their second half has been they have the added burden of knowing the season ends today with a loss, no safety net as UNH has...

Kinda sucks for PC fans, 8 days ago playing for a title, now its all over with a loss today
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Already been decided. UML plays at 5 and BC/BU play late game. I am ok with this due to some intangibles with playing at 5.
              We've had this discussion on some of the other threads. TV makes the final call. And, let's be honest here. If you are in impartial observer, would you rather see BU/BC in Boston with BU having to win to make the NCAAs and Jack Parker coaching in perhaps his FINAL game, or Lowell vs anybody? Really. This was decided as soon as the seedings came out and BC/BU were 3-4. No matter what happened (unless Lowell lost to Maine, and that was determined after Friday night), they were going to play each other and I'm sure at that moment it was a done deal. It was up on the BU website five minutes after last night's game that BU/BC would be at 8. Not only that, it also keeps in line with the feeling that the #1 seed should play the first game anyway, since that gives them more rest before the final. And if you think that's silly, remember 2008 (well, I'm SURE you do ) when BC/UNH went three overtimes and the BU/Vermont game started at 11:00 with about 500 people in the stands at the Garden? Not making any excuses for Vermont because they were not likely to beat BC anyway, but I'm sure it didn't help that they probably didn't get to sleep until around 6 in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                Kinda sucks for PC fans, 8 days ago playing for a title, now its all over with a loss today
                Sucks even more for the PC team...all they had to do was win. This brings up another of my rants. This obsession with the PWR. If teams would just focus on WINNING the game at hand, they wouldn't be in this situation. I have been yelling the loudest over on the BU thread for two years now that if they would just WIN they wouldn't have to worry about "sneaking in the back door." PC had their chance and their season will end this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Sucks even more for the PC team...all they had to do was win. This brings up another of my rants. This obsession with the PWR. If teams would just focus on WINNING the game at hand, they wouldn't be in this situation. I have been yelling the loudest over on the BU thread for two years now that if they would just WIN they wouldn't have to worry about "sneaking in the back door." PC had their chance and their season will end this afternoon.
                  Not necessarily. The game doesn't start until 4:40 p.m. All Providence has to do is win, as you said yourself re: other teams. They're not done until they lose a game.
                  We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                  ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                  --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    We've had this discussion on some of the other threads. TV makes the final call. And, let's be honest here. If you are in impartial observer, would you rather see BU/BC in Boston with BU having to win to make the NCAAs and Jack Parker coaching in perhaps his FINAL game, or Lowell vs anybody? Really. This was decided as soon as the seedings came out and BC/BU were 3-4. No matter what happened (unless Lowell lost to Maine, and that was determined after Friday night), they were going to play each other and I'm sure at that moment it was a done deal. It was up on the BU website five minutes after last night's game that BU/BC would be at 8. Not only that, it also keeps in line with the feeling that the #1 seed should play the first game anyway, since that gives them more rest before the final. And if you think that's silly, remember 2008 (well, I'm SURE you do ) when BC/UNH went three overtimes and the BU/Vermont game started at 11:00 with about 500 people in the stands at the Garden? Not making any excuses for Vermont because they were not likely to beat BC anyway, but I'm sure it didn't help that they probably didn't get to sleep until around 6 in the morning!
                    It makes total sense that BC/BU are the late game for television ratings. Just sucks for me because I was hoping to take the train with my 8 year old daughter but the only train option home leaves at 11. Thats not NESN's problem, its mine. Guess we'll be driving into town.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Which part of 'I'm ok with it' didn't quite sink in?
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Good luck to the Friars. If we can't play you Saturday, I'd rather have both our programs get the exposure of playing in Boston.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                          It makes total sense that BC/BU are the late game for television ratings. Just sucks for me because I was hoping to take the train with my 8 year old daughter but the only train option home leaves at 11. Thats not NESN's problem, its mine. Guess we'll be driving into town.
                          Probably cheaper to drive then take the train for three people...
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            Not necessarily. The game doesn't start until 4:40 p.m. All Providence has to do is win, as you said yourself re: other teams. They're not done until they lose a game.
                            I was going to say, I didn't realize PC forfeited.

Saves me the trouble of watching this game I suppose...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Which part of 'I'm ok with it' didn't quite sink in?
                              Nothing to do with you. It just gave me the opportunity to bring the subject up on a different thread. I wasn't trying to "defend" the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Probably cheaper to drive then take the train for three people...
                                In fact, it's even WORSE for the fans of the late game. For example (and again I invoke 2008), I made the mistake of parking at a garage in Cambridge next to where I was working at the time. I figured I'd just take the T back to Central Square after the game. Brilliant idea...except that our game started at 11:00 and ended at 1:30. So I tried to hop on one of the shuttle buses that BU provided for the students. Yeah, there was a good chance of my getting on one of about five buses that were there to take 1000 students back to campus. So I walked from the Garden to the BU Bridge, over to Cambridge and back to Erie Street. It was about 20 degrees out. Got to my car at 2:45 a.m. and home by 3:45 a.m. Boy, was that fun! And if you take commuter rail, good luck with that. Depending upon when your last train leaves, you'll still miss part of the game if it starts late. And if you DO have a "later" train, you'll get home about the same time I did. At least if my team played first I could always invoke the option of leaving before the 2nd game was over (much as I wouldn't like it, but it's better than walking one hour at 2:00 in the morning when it's 20 degrees outside)...

Comment

Working...
                                X