No announcement yet.

Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see umile's successor get into ECAC finals. As I said back in 2003 I wish they had picked him as McCloskey's successor.
    The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      Good to see umile's successor get into ECAC finals. As I said back in 2003 I wish they had picked him as McCloskey's successor.
      Souza or White?

Comment

Whittet
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

Bump. Just in case anyone needs this over the weekend.
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
            Bump. Just in case anyone needs this over the weekend.
            You should not get too overconfident about the Pioneers; I watched RIT dismantle them and UNH in Albany not that long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              You should not get too overconfident about the Pioneers; I watched RIT dismantle them and UNH in Albany not that long ago.
              three years ago, has nothing to do with this round of failures for both teams

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                three years ago, has nothing to do with this round of failures for both teams
                I'm not over confident at all, just having some fun. This game should be billed as the chokers vs. the chokers; which team can screw up less? I have UNH beating DU and then losing to the Riverhawks in my bracket (which is historically always a cluster).
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                  I'd love to see Pat Foley come back.
                  I think you'd see Torts move up to the head coaching position - and I'd love for Pat Foley to come on board.

I want somebody with more time to look into this:

When Brian McCloskey moved from his job as an assistant coach with the men's team to his job with the women's team, how much did UNH's recruitment of TOP talent suffer? It's been put before me that his departure is a big reason why UNH does not have the high level of talent it used to.
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                    I think you'd see Torts move up to the head coaching position - and I'd love for Pat Foley to come on board.
                    IF that's the way things break after Umile is done, I've got no problem with that. But I see no reason someone like Foley isn't an assistant there right now. I know he's had other coaching jobs (Harvard and NU IIRC?) when I've raised his name in discussions here as a potential candidate in the past. If not Foley, then maybe another younger 30-ish UNH alum from the program's apex a decade or so ago, who can relate to the recruits and players as someone who is not two full generations removed from them?

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                    When Brian McCloskey moved from his job as an assistant coach with the men's team to his job with the women's team, how much did UNH's recruitment of TOP talent suffer? It's been put before me that his departure is a big reason why UNH does not have the high level of talent it used to.
                    No question about it ... McCloskey's fertile British Columbia ties fueled a lot of the top-end talent that came to Durham during those apex seasons (i.e. Krog, Bekar, Gare, Hemingways, etc.), and the absence of that talent once he left for the Women's job 11 years ago has not been a coincidence. I'll let more informed posters with ipersonal nsight on the inner workings of the UNH recruiting process take it from here, but I think the general consensus has been the loss of McCloskey's recruiting pipeline(s) were a huge setback that the Men's program has not been able to compensate for since.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

When Umile decides to retire because we all know he will never be fired, does anybody see Josh Ciocco as a possible candidate for the job? I believe he has some coaching experience at the high school level and he has also been a college hockey analyst for NESN.

Comment

I know this is Easter but it feels like Groundhog day to me! Same thing every year. I am so glad I lower my expectations year after year!

Comment

Originally posted by 603Wildcats View Post
                          When Umile decides to retire because we all know he will never be fired, does anybody see Josh Ciocco as a possible candidate for the job? I believe he has some coaching experience at the high school level and he has also been a college hockey analyst for NESN.
                          Assistant coach, maybe. He doesn't quite have the credentials to be a D-1 head coach.

My guess is that they would try to grab one of several other young UNH alums who are already in the collegiate coaching ranks....Souza, White, or Foley. Can't see Tortorella succeeding Umile. I agree with what others have said that they need to get a younger coach who can better relate to the players. Don't forget, Umile was like 42 or 43 when he was hired to take the UNH job "way back when".
                          UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Assistant coach, maybe. He doesn't quite have the credentials to be a D-1 head coach.

My guess is that they would try to grab one of several other young UNH alums who are already in the collegiate coaching ranks....Souza, White, or Foley. Can't see Tortorella succeeding Umile. I agree with what others have said that they need to get a younger coach who can better relate to the players. Don't forget, Umile was like 42 or 43 when he was hired to take the UNH job "way back when".
                            not that he would but how about Andy brickley .

Comment

Just curious. Is there a current coach at a major hockey program that has been in his position longer than Umile (since1990) and has not won a national title?
                              Last edited by scoreboard; 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                                Just curious. Is there a current coach at a major hockey program that has been in his position longer than Umile (since1990) and has not won a national title?
                                Gary Wright -- AIC -- 28 yrs
                                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X