Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Fire him pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you NESN for giving me the chance to watch the third game.
      I shall not indict the coach: Umile does not know any better.
      I shall not lambaste the officials: the calls against BOTH teams were ludicrous and incidental to the action. Whatever happened to the concept that officials put away their whistles and let the players dictate the outcome of the game?
      I can not say UNH did not play hard: UNH gave a great effort but one element was missing: talent. UNH has not had the game-breaker, the marquee player, the Hobey Baker winner or at least legitimate candidate, for a while.
      All I saw was a young Providence team who played hard for their young coach. Congratulations to them, and I wish them luck against UML.
      The case against Mr. Umile continuing has been moot for a decade. His record in important games speaks for itself. Unless he were to be an outstanding coach, an inspirational figure with an unquestionable record in post-season...oh, do I mean like Mr. York, YES! YES! YES!
      The fact is that Mr. Umile knows no better than the slick phrase to the interviewer. Sure, he's a nice guy, who'd show up in shorts and with a six pack when appearing unannounced in the summer at your beach front property, but, as I have often said, he is not the one to lead UNH to The Holy Grail. Sorry.
      Last edited by billb; 03-17-2013, 10:00 PM.
      "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
      Larry David

Comment

Unfortunately UNH makes the Dance. Dick Umile fleeces another $85 out of the faithful to watch the Manchester Massacre.
        UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

One of the most undisciplined hockey teams that I have ever seen. Bad habits, can't stay out of the penalty box. This all comes down to the head man himself, he needs to go. Hey we could get BU to interview first and then we could take the reject. That way it would be cheaper just like Marty would like.

Comment

Seriously, could one of the hillbillies come to Dick's defense and blame the admissions people again. I love it when that happens.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

"I have the strangest feeling of deja vu....." Michael Palin

As others have already said on this thread, Dick is the head coach of UNH until Dick is ready to retire. Until he leaves, what we see is what we get. UNH is a D1 program that's tantalyzingly competitive at times, generates a majority of the athletics revenue for the school and continues to put fans in the seats. Whether it's a coaching deficiency, lack of on ice talent or that hard to define ability to rise to the occasion, or a combination of all of the above, this program lacks whatever it is that makes teams succeed on the big stage.

Flashback moment....Friday March 21st 2008. UNH and BC in the HE semis. Thomas Fortney scores a shorthanded goal and UNH takes a 4-1 lead at 12:23 of the second period. UNH fans are having a rollicking good time. Isn't this fun? We're kicking the %$@# out of BC! Jerry York calls time out. I recall this very clearly: during the time out, a very animated Jerry York is back and forth behind the BC bench, not screaming or ripping his players, but instead clapping his hands, encouraging his team, patting them on the back and telling them not to panic and that they were alright in that situation. About a minute and change later, BC scores a PP goal making it 4-2. Anyone there watching realized that BC knew right then they had a chance to get back in that game. Fast forward to the opening minutes of the third period...BC has tied the game at four. The entire complexion of the game has changed. BC has the momentum and is flying around the ice and UNH is back on their heels. UNH fans have that "here we go again" voice whispering in their ears. Meanwhile, what's Dickie doing? Rallying his team? Encouraging them like Jerry? Not quite...he's doing a superb impression of a mannequin behind the UNH bench. Scowling, arms folded, with one hand under his chin. Kinda like an anti York. Of course, we all know how that one ended. Another tent in a wind storm. It was such a stark contrast in coaching styles and when you really break it down, one the biggest reasons, IMHO, why this program comes up short time and time again.

I don't know if UNH gets to Manchester or not. I'd like to say I'd feel really confident if they do go, but I've seen this movie too many times already and I think I know how it ends.

Comment

DICK Umile couldnt motivate a flea

Comment

I have to admit this thread cracks me up. I keep telling my UNH grad brother that Umile is a loser and they should dump his ***.
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                    Unfortunately UNH makes the Dance. Dick Umile fleeces another $85 out of the faithful to watch the Manchester Massacre.
                    You don't have to go to the games(s). "This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia. "
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      You don't have to go to the games(s). "This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia. "
                      yes since we are in germany you have to make my bed .

Comment

Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                        "I have the strangest feeling of deja vu....." Michael Palin

As others have already said on this thread, Dick is the head coach of UNH until Dick is ready to retire. Until he leaves, what we see is what we get. UNH is a D1 program that's tantalyzingly competitive at times, generates a majority of the athletics revenue for the school and continues to put fans in the seats. Whether it's a coaching deficiency, lack of on ice talent or that hard to define ability to rise to the occasion, or a combination of all of the above, this program lacks whatever it is that makes teams succeed on the big stage.

Flashback moment....Friday March 21st 2008. UNH and BC in the HE semis. Thomas Fortney scores a shorthanded goal and UNH takes a 4-1 lead at 12:23 of the second period. UNH fans are having a rollicking good time. Isn't this fun? We're kicking the %$@# out of BC! Jerry York calls time out. I recall this very clearly: during the time out, a very animated Jerry York is back and forth behind the BC bench, not screaming or ripping his players, but instead clapping his hands, encouraging his team, patting them on the back and telling them not to panic and that they were alright in that situation. About a minute and change later, BC scores a PP goal making it 4-2. Anyone there watching realized that BC knew right then they had a chance to get back in that game. Fast forward to the opening minutes of the third period...BC has tied the game at four. The entire complexion of the game has changed. BC has the momentum and is flying around the ice and UNH is back on their heels. UNH fans have that "here we go again" voice whispering in their ears. Meanwhile, what's Dickie doing? Rallying his team? Encouraging them like Jerry? Not quite...he's doing a superb impression of a mannequin behind the UNH bench. Scowling, arms folded, with one hand under his chin. Kinda like an anti York. Of course, we all know how that one ended. Another tent in a wind storm. It was such a stark contrast in coaching styles and when you really break it down, one the biggest reasons, IMHO, why this program comes up short time and time again.

I don't know if UNH gets to Manchester or not. I'd like to say I'd feel really confident if they do go, but I've seen this movie too many times already and I think I know how it ends.
                        I have seen that movie too. Actually, I have seen the sequels too! I might have missed a few here and there but I think I have seen at least a dozen of them, including in Manchester. It's the same story line and ending, just different opponents.

Comment

Somebody has to explain the part about "Umile coaches as long as he wants to". Based on what? Does he have pictures of the University President with a goat? Does he have a clause in his contract that it renews in perpetuity? Has he been granted total immunity Whitey Bulger style to do whatever he pleases?

Look, as the world learned to its horror over at Penn St, no coach has earned a lifetime job. If Bowden @ FSU and Parker at BU could both be led to the door and then given a nudge from behind, so too can Umile and those two guys were a lot more successful at their jobs.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
                            somebody has to explain the part about "umile coaches as long as he wants to". Based on what? Does he have pictures of the university president with a goat? Does he have a clause in his contract that it renews in perpetuity? Has he been granted total immunity whitey bulger style to do whatever he pleases?

Look, as the world learned to its horror over at penn st, no coach has earned a lifetime job. If bowden @ fsu and parker at bu could both be led to the door and then given a nudge from behind, so too can umile and those two guys were a lot more successful at their jobs.
                            show him the door , and fast

Comment

UNH09.......where the hell were you when they were among the very top ranked teams In the country??? It's bottom feeders like you that only come out from under the rock to throw Rich under the bus when things go south. Why don't you climb on the bandwagon to every top ranked team and change horses when they change? That's the kind of fair weather fan you are...........

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                I have to admit this thread cracks me up. I keep telling my UNH grad brother that Umile is a loser and they should dump his ***.
                                you tell 'em, one hit wonder!

Comment

Working...
                                X