Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good to see umile's successor get into ECAC finals. As I said back in 2003 I wish they had picked him as McCloskey's successor.
    ETTD

    Comment


    • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

      Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      Good to see umile's successor get into ECAC finals. As I said back in 2003 I wish they had picked him as McCloskey's successor.
      Souza or White?

      Comment


      • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

        Whittet
        ETTD

        Comment


        • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

          Bump. Just in case anyone needs this over the weekend.
          Go Pioneers!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
            Bump. Just in case anyone needs this over the weekend.
            You should not get too overconfident about the Pioneers; I watched RIT dismantle them and UNH in Albany not that long ago.

            Comment


            • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

              Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              You should not get too overconfident about the Pioneers; I watched RIT dismantle them and UNH in Albany not that long ago.
              three years ago, has nothing to do with this round of failures for both teams

              Comment


              • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                three years ago, has nothing to do with this round of failures for both teams
                I'm not over confident at all, just having some fun. This game should be billed as the chokers vs. the chokers; which team can screw up less? I have UNH beating DU and then losing to the Riverhawks in my bracket (which is historically always a cluster).
                Go Pioneers!

                Comment


                • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                  Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                  I'd love to see Pat Foley come back.
                  I think you'd see Torts move up to the head coaching position - and I'd love for Pat Foley to come on board.



                  I want somebody with more time to look into this:

                  When Brian McCloskey moved from his job as an assistant coach with the men's team to his job with the women's team, how much did UNH's recruitment of TOP talent suffer? It's been put before me that his departure is a big reason why UNH does not have the high level of talent it used to.
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                    Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                    I think you'd see Torts move up to the head coaching position - and I'd love for Pat Foley to come on board.
                    IF that's the way things break after Umile is done, I've got no problem with that. But I see no reason someone like Foley isn't an assistant there right now. I know he's had other coaching jobs (Harvard and NU IIRC?) when I've raised his name in discussions here as a potential candidate in the past. If not Foley, then maybe another younger 30-ish UNH alum from the program's apex a decade or so ago, who can relate to the recruits and players as someone who is not two full generations removed from them?

                    Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                    When Brian McCloskey moved from his job as an assistant coach with the men's team to his job with the women's team, how much did UNH's recruitment of TOP talent suffer? It's been put before me that his departure is a big reason why UNH does not have the high level of talent it used to.
                    No question about it ... McCloskey's fertile British Columbia ties fueled a lot of the top-end talent that came to Durham during those apex seasons (i.e. Krog, Bekar, Gare, Hemingways, etc.), and the absence of that talent once he left for the Women's job 11 years ago has not been a coincidence. I'll let more informed posters with ipersonal nsight on the inner workings of the UNH recruiting process take it from here, but I think the general consensus has been the loss of McCloskey's recruiting pipeline(s) were a huge setback that the Men's program has not been able to compensate for since.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

                    Comment


                    • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                      When Umile decides to retire because we all know he will never be fired, does anybody see Josh Ciocco as a possible candidate for the job? I believe he has some coaching experience at the high school level and he has also been a college hockey analyst for NESN.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                        I know this is Easter but it feels like Groundhog day to me! Same thing every year. I am so glad I lower my expectations year after year!

                        Comment


                        • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                          Originally posted by 603Wildcats View Post
                          When Umile decides to retire because we all know he will never be fired, does anybody see Josh Ciocco as a possible candidate for the job? I believe he has some coaching experience at the high school level and he has also been a college hockey analyst for NESN.
                          Assistant coach, maybe. He doesn't quite have the credentials to be a D-1 head coach.

                          My guess is that they would try to grab one of several other young UNH alums who are already in the collegiate coaching ranks....Souza, White, or Foley. Can't see Tortorella succeeding Umile. I agree with what others have said that they need to get a younger coach who can better relate to the players. Don't forget, Umile was like 42 or 43 when he was hired to take the UNH job "way back when".
                          UNH

                          Comment


                          • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                            Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Assistant coach, maybe. He doesn't quite have the credentials to be a D-1 head coach.

                            My guess is that they would try to grab one of several other young UNH alums who are already in the collegiate coaching ranks....Souza, White, or Foley. Can't see Tortorella succeeding Umile. I agree with what others have said that they need to get a younger coach who can better relate to the players. Don't forget, Umile was like 42 or 43 when he was hired to take the UNH job "way back when".
                            not that he would but how about Andy brickley .

                            Comment


                            • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                              Just curious. Is there a current coach at a major hockey program that has been in his position longer than Umile (since1990) and has not won a national title?
                              Last edited by scoreboard; 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

                                Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                                Just curious. Is there a current coach at a major hockey program that has been in his position longer than Umile (since1990) and has not won a national title?
                                Gary Wright -- AIC -- 28 yrs
                                - John

                                2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X