Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
    Scott..............sorry for the typo, I meant to say "clamming" and it almost came out "hunting clams".

Scoreboard........FYI, not everyone escapes reality by crawling into a bottle.

NCAA watcher..........Believe it or not, Matt chose Lake State first for it's Criminal Justicemajor, hockey second, a decison that actually hurt his NHL draft status. Hsd he gone to UNH and played on the Olympic
    sheet where his superior skating skills stood out or Michigan, where he was rumored to be headed ever since he made Team USA, either would have boosted his draft prospects. Now that the dust has cleared,
    he made a good decision.

Backto UNH, IMO Umile can retire whenever he wants to, kinda like Charlie Holt, and don't forget about Brian McCloskey with the UNH women's program and DaveLassonde who is at Denver, both very capable coaches!
    OK so, why the bitterness in your previous comments?

Comment

• Re: Fire Dick Umile!!!!!

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
      NCAA watcher..........Believe it or not, Matt chose Lake State first for it's Criminal Justicemajor, hockey second, a decison that actually hurt his NHL draft status. Hsd he gone to UNH and played on the Olympic
      sheet where his superior skating skills stood out or Michigan, where he was rumored to be headed ever since he made Team USA, either would have boosted his draft prospects. Now that the dust has cleared,
      he made a good decision.
      Glad he made a long term decision based on academics, not only hockey, and that it worked out.

As I noted, I hope that the next coach does not have a tie to the university, because that pool is very shallow. The key would be an under 50 guy, meaning Tortorella, McCloskey, Lassonde and Borek are not in the picture. I'd look for a Nate Leaman type, meaning a successful coach at another school. Guy Gadowsky before Penn State got him, Brendan Whittet (Brown), Ric Bennett (Union). The risk would be unnecessarily higher for an assistant somewhere with no prior track record, like Foley/Souza/White/Pleau (as Pooley/Army showed though Bazin and others show that can also work)
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        It's a good set up, so the odds are in our favor, but if they hire a Bobby Valentine, things could get worse.
        What, you don't think that Bobby V will bring home the hardware at Sacred Heart?

Comment

You guy is brutull, ow you spect Dicks to competing wif da Lowels, Ste. Clouds et Qwinnipiyacs of da world, eh? E not zee miracle workeur mes amies, zut alors!!!

Yup you was specting me et maintenant here is me.

Comment

CM, Chowder is selling pharmaceuticals legally... is there a better 6 figure gig out there?

Comment

Denver takes its hockey seriously. They just dumped their coach, who, oh by the way, has two NCAA Championships on his resume.

Meanwhile, in Durham...
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
                You guy is brutull, ow you spect Dicks to competing wif da Lowels, Ste. Clouds et Qwinnipiyacs of da world, eh? E not zee miracle workeur mes amies, zut alors!!!

Yup you was specting me et maintenant here is me.
                Kinda late to the party, eh? :-)

Comment

GoUNH.................what bitterness???? I speak the truth, I'm not at all bitter????

Comment

GoUNH.................what bitterness???? I speak the truth, I'm not at all bitter????
                    So calling people "scummers" and "bottom feeders" is just your every day vernacular?? See below:

The scum rises to the top, defying gravity........how do you scummers do it???
                    Get a life!!!!!!!! bottom feeders!!!
                    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Kinda late to the party, eh? :-)
                      Eet called restraint mon ami, eh

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        Denver takes its hockey seriously. They just dumped their coach, who, oh by the way, has two NCAA Championships on his resume.

Meanwhile, in Durham...
                        maybe if du had won friday night it would have been the other way around???
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Why is there no mention of Sean Tremblay as a replacement, anywhere that guy goes he turns into a winner. And he has coached a hand full of the team already in all-star games and with the Monarchs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                            Backto UNH, IMO Umile can retire whenever he wants to, kinda like Charlie Holt, and don't forget about Brian McCloskey with the UNH women's program and DaveLassonde who is at Denver, both very capable coaches!
                            McCloskey has now led one of the most storied women's programs in the country, one which had NEVER had a sub-.500 season in it's history, to .469, .329, .471 over the past three years. Those 3 seasons account for over 23% of all the losses the program has had in it's 36 year history. The idea of rewarding that with a promotion to men's head coach is truly mind blowing.
                            Last edited by ClOuD 9; 04-02-2013, 12:49 AM.
                            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

To be fair Cloud, when Asst. Coach Erin Whitten got pregnant, she didn't travel and the recruiting did suffer...thru graduation and transfers the team just didnt have the horses and depth to compete at the D-1 level...also the last few years we didn't have the goaltending to make the timely saves, to say the least! All that said, I don't know if B-Mac would take on such a heavy commitment now....

Comment

• Zut alors indeed

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
                                Ow you lefte owt da Merrimacque, d'Unyon, L'Ivie a Yale et Miame d'Ohie, mon ami?? Sacre blue!!
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X