HE Quarterfinals - #8 Maine @ #1 Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HE Quarterfinals - #8 Maine @ #1 Lowell

I think the big benefit of the early game is that you KNOW when you're going to play and you can have your steady pre-game ritual. Late game, you play roughly an hour after the early game ends and the ice quality may be degraded somewhat (which some teams may find an advantage). If it goes to overtime, you're waiting more and waiting more and still unsure.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Kasabian View Post
      UML Fans: Congratulations on a game well played, specifically a period extremely well played that really gave Maine no chance to recover. I was impressed with how Lowell refused to let up in the late stages of the game, they skated hard a full 60 minutes. In my opinion the game was definitely won fairly by Lowell, I am not delusional and do not think Maine played the game they had to in order to be up 1-0. That said the officiating last night was horrendous. UML was getting out hustled in the 1st period which led to an unbalanced number of powerplays in Maine's favor. I was unimpressed by the seeming "make up calls" that followed for UML. My feed of the game was being called by UML home town announcers and even they referred to the calls this way. I feel like if Maine wins tonight its going to be 1-0, 2-1 style grind it out hockey with Ouellette playing incredible. If the game gets wide open like last night, look for a quick UML sweep. I still give Maine a great chance tonight. And for all the Diamond haters out there, thank you. He is a grimey dirty cherry picking cheap shot 100 point career most penalty minutes in school history LEGEND. Your hate is merited and he deserves hate because hes awesome. Go Black Bears tonight, lets grab one out of the sewer that is Lowell.
      For the most part this is a great post!

I'd say Lowell skated hard for 40 minutes tops. It was obvious that Maine was going to score their first goal as our penalty killers were standing around. Lowell had quite a few lapses like that and are lucky only one cost them.

Joey is scary good and a vicious little bastard. Lowell's McGrath plays a similar "style" and I love him. Problem is Joey is scary dumb too. He shoulda got an extra 2 added to his clipping penalty for his after the whistle head shot. I wonder what % of his career penalty minutes were drawn after whistles?

This is your second nasty little comment about the city of Lowell. Are you just trying to get rise out of us or do believe what you spew? I've lived all over the northeast and 20 years ago I might have agreed with you but at present Lowell is one cool little city.

Comment

I asked Hockey East people about this last year or the year before, and it's pretty much what Nick said. If one game is clearly going to draw better TV ratings, that's the late game. If the two games look pretty even, it's the top seed's choice, and that team will most likely choose the early game.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
          For the most part this is a great post!

I'd say Lowell skated hard for 40 minutes tops. It was obvious that Maine was going to score their first goal as our penalty killers were standing around. Lowell had quite a few lapses like that and are lucky only one cost them.

Joey is scary good and a vicious little bastard. Lowell's McGrath plays a similar "style" and I love him. Problem is Joey is scary dumb too. He shoulda got an extra 2 added to his clipping penalty for his after the whistle head shot. I wonder what % of his career penalty minutes were drawn after whistles?

This is your second nasty little comment about the city of Lowell. Are you just trying to get rise out of us or do believe what you spew? I've lived all over the northeast and 20 years ago I might have agreed with you but at present Lowell is one cool little city.
          Lowell is about as cool as any other old mill town, Lewiston Maine and Manchester NH come to mind as other places I classify with Lowell. It's a home town hero's paradise full of white trash and general dirtbaggery. If you think that's great I feel bad for you. I will offer a distinction between how I feel about the place that is Lowell and The University of Massachusetts Lowell which is obviously a legitimate institution. Just like its not Yale's fault they are in New Haven just horrible luck.

Comment

It's a home town hero's paradise full of white trash and general dirtbaggery.
            Pretty sure that's what some (a lot?) of us think of the entire State of Maine.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Maybe a few BU players had court dates mid-afternoon that could have conflicted with the earlier start?
              Don't think I'll be seeing you at the Comedy Stop anytime soon...

Comment

It's a home town hero's paradise full of white trash and general dirtbaggery.
                So I guess you had to put the word "white" in there so you wouldn't be called a racist?? Because heaven knows whites are to blame for everything that's wrong with the world...right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Your right then Scott what I said applies to much of Maine. But since I'd call Lewiston the pinnacle example of that in Maine, and Lowell is just Lewiston tripled I'd say Lowell is 3 times the example any single place in Maine is.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    So I guess you had to put the word "white" in there so you wouldn't be called a racist?? Because heaven knows whites are to blame for everything that's wrong with the world...right?
                    I'm sure there's trash of all colors there thanks for correcting me guy

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Must be a lot of idiots among Lowell fans
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Lowell is about as cool as any other old mill town, Lewiston Maine and Manchester NH come to mind as other places I classify with Lowell. It's a home town hero's paradise full of white trash and general dirtbaggery. If you think that's great I feel bad for you.
                        Well, I live in Maine and last summer my kids participated in the summer track state meet which was held a whopping 5 or 6 miles from good ol' Orono in Brewer. My kids and wife were afraid to get out of the car when we tried to go out to dinner as we were treated to the site of drunks throwing up on the sidewalk, fights in the parking lot of a gas station, and a general level of white trash antics that is hard to surpass. So if your comparing that general area of "pristine Maine" to Lowell, I'll take Lowell.

Having never set foot in Orono, I can't speak to it's general level of "loveliness", but if it's better than Brewer you'd better build a wall around it and fast as the "dirtbaggery" you mention is right on your doorstep.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          Want to join me at the comedy stop too? It appears humor and sarcasm are beyond many here. Ice is Life blog must be giving them fits, brains on overload.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            And I have to say, to be fair, they're really getting scre*ed with that off day in between (if there's a Game 3). I realize there was a boxing card scheduled (or something like that) but still, pretty tough to travel down and/or spend an extra night in a hotel just to wait another day. And of course there's SO MUCH to do there! Well, I guess they can go to the textile museum or something...
                            Yes, the Maine fans can discover the special exhibit on display this weekend in their honor on the history of flannel.
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• [QUOTE=MEchief;5671426]Well, I live in Maine and last summer my kids participated in the summer track state meet which was held a whopping 5 or 6 miles from good ol' Orono in Brewer. My kids and wife were afraid to get out of the car when we tried to go out to dinner as we were treated to the site of drunks throwing up on the sidewalk, fights in the parking lot of a gas station, and a general level of white trash antics that is hard to surpass. So if your comparing that general area of "pristine Maine" to Lowell, I'll take Lowell.

Having never set foot in Orono, I can't speak to it's general level of "loveliness", but if it's better than Brewer you'd better build a wall around it and fast asthe "dirtbagery" you mention is right on your doorstep.[/

I called Brewer Sewer when I was up in Orono. That's where you live if your too poor for Bangor. Not helping Lowells case. Btw you should check Orono out its beautiful, undeveloped it doesn't even have a McDonald's...the polar opposite of Lowell or Brewer or any other Massachusetts scum havens
                              Last edited by Brian Kasabian; 03-15-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

The swavely brothers are goin to light the lamp tonight, so is diamond, and ill write you all a blog tomorrow about how the 1 seed is a group of choke artists

Comment

Working...
                                X