No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part III)

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
    Carlos scored on a beautiful wrister.....across his body from the left circle beating the goalie high glove to the top right corner. He looks good thus far.
    ...good to hear herby. Making the push for that roster spot Any chance you might come East for the Atlantic Challenge?
    Last edited by turk181; 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Carlos scored on a beautiful wrister.....across his body from the left circle beating the goalie high glove to the top right corner. He looks good thus far.
      Are they having another camp now?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        ...good to hear herby. Making the push for that roster spot Any chance you might come East for the Atlantic Challenge?
        No chance I am coming east. Yes Cedar Rapids is having another camp right now. Carlos looked better tonight than I saw in June.

Comment

No chance I am coming east. Yes Cedar Rapids is having another camp right now. Carlos looked better tonight than I saw in June.
          Thanks. I figured that must be it. Of course, I hope that he continues to perform well.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This doesn't have anything to do with any RPI recruits but I thought it answered some questions some might have regarding official/un-official visits by potential recruits, (plus, it gets the thread back on page 1 ).....http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...fficial-visits
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              This doesn't have anything to do with any RPI recruits but I thought it answered some questions some might have regarding official/un-official visits by potential recruits, (plus, it gets the thread back on page 1 ).....http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...fficial-visits
              It always surprises me to learn that some prospects make their official visit while the team isn't playing. I suppose that sometimes it can't be helped, but I think that it helps in recruiting players if they can see a game.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                It always surprises me to learn that some prospects make their official visit while the team isn't playing. I suppose that sometimes it can't be helped, but I think that it helps in recruiting players if they can see a game.
                But haven't they already seen that through an unofficial visit?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  But haven't they already seen that through an unofficial visit?
                  If they have done that it's fine. I was thinking. for example. about Meirs Moore who visited after the season was over, and there was no indication that he had visited earlier although he might have.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Face it RB-is is a bit easier to climb up the hills in Troy in July than it can be in December. Besides, some families want to see the school, the environment, the accomodations, etc. perhaps as much as watching other kids play.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Face it RB-is is a bit easier to climb up the hills in Troy in July than it can be in December. Besides, some families want to see the school, the environment, the accomodations, etc. perhaps as much as watching other kids play.
                      I agree. It just is my opinion that even though attendance and the atmosphere is not what it once was at the HFH, it is still better than at most of the schools we recruit against and can be used as a recruiting tool.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree. It just is my opinion that even though attendance and the atmosphere is not what it once was at the HFH, it is still better than at most of the schools we recruit against and can be used as a recruiting tool.
                        This has nothing to do with hockey, but it does have everything to do with recruiting.
                        When my daughter was looking at schools, she made two official visits. Both schools had great academic reputations and were in locations that were within her parameters.
                        She chose RPI based on the diving coach and the student body. Both of her visits were overnighters so she got to meet not only the teams, but also a number of the students outside the swimming and diving teams.
                        Watching a swim meet had very little to do with the choice. The decision was made based on the people involved.
                        I can't believe that the incoming hockey players would be any different. They have to feel welcome and comfortable with their peers.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          This has nothing to do with hockey, but it does have everything to do with recruiting.
                          When my daughter was looking at schools, she made two official visits. Both schools had great academic reputations and were in locations that were within her parameters.
                          She chose RPI based on the diving coach and the student body. Both of her visits were overnighters so she got to meet not only the teams, but also a number of the students outside the swimming and diving teams.
                          Watching a swim meet had very little to do with the choice. The decision was made based on the people involved.
                          I can't believe that the incoming hockey players would be any different. They have to feel welcome and comfortable with their peers.
                          The difference is that men's hockey at RPI is a D-I sport that has student and local interest. Swimming does not. Although I would still think that the coaches and current players are of foremost importance, watching a hockey game at RPI is a recruiting tool. JMHO.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The difference is that men's hockey at RPI is a D-I sport that has student and local interest. Swimming does not.
                            I think that's wrong.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I think that's wrong.
                              Which part? Hockey having fan interest or swimming not having it (or both)?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Which part? Hockey having fan interest or swimming not having it (or both)?
                                Seriously?
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X